scottc87

Reaction score
Hi

created my tactic and it's currently playing quite well. Played 25 in league won 19 drawn 4 lost 2. Scored 52 conceded 10. All sounds not bad but just feel something just preventing my team from playing even better.

My tactic is as follows any advice would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 134309

thanks

Seems to me like you'd struggle to get enough penetration without any real direct attacking players in the final third and playing a relatively conservative passing style with relatively conservative mentality. I don't know if that's been the case for you or not, though, as you seem to have put together a decent scoring record. I personally wouldn't complain if my team were scoring 2+ goals a game and conceding .4 a game, but you might have different standards. Could you tell us more about the particular deficiencies in your team's performance that you're wanting to address? That might help us give you more specific advice. Maybe screenshots of your player instructions as well (if you use any)?

my only player instructions are for both fullbacks stay wider, run wide with ball. For my cm and 2 wingers shoot less often as were alot of wasteful long shots. My AP close down more and my cf shoot less often as again wasted alot of long efforts. My team plays nice football but like you say just lacks penetration in final third. Too often just not creating enough good opportunities. I have looked at changing a few things but wary incase affects my defensive record which Im very pleased with as always want a tactic that starts from the back conceding very few goals.

You need someone who's going to be more direct in the attacking third. Whether that's a more attacking center forward role, or wide players coming in from the inside, or someone making a run from an attacking midfield position doesn't really matter, you just need someone who's going to be running in behind the defensive line to provide that additional stretch and the additional opportunities for penetration. Right now, your wingers and fullbacks are stretching the defense horizontally, but because all of your central players are on support roles, no one is moving into those spaces to take advantage of them.

Which position would you recommend id change to attack? Also do you think structured and standard as a good setting or other options of more benefit.

thanks