If using the TC, I look if I should try to control the game by trying to Create space or deny it. Then I consider if I should sit back or push up. Then I decide if I should use a quicker striker to go for goal or one stronger to hold up the ball. Then I consider what kind of Midfield in my " 451/4231" that is more likely to see me achieve my goals ( DMC, DMC, MC... DMC,MC,MC... MC,MC,AMC etc). Then I decide what kind of players to use one midfield.

Last edited:
If using the TC, I look if I should try to control the game by trying to Create space or deny it. Then I consider if I should sit back or push up. Then I decide if I should use a quicker striker to go for goal or one stronger to hold up the ball. Then I consider what kind of Midfield in my " 451/4231" that is more likely to see me achieve my goals ( DMC, DMC, MC... DMC,MC,MC... MC,MC,AMC etc). Then I decide what kind of players to use one midfield.

So you do that every game? because for me i just let my assistant pick my squad and then i pick my subs and continue to the game :/ I still win most of the time but it just feels like i'm missing out.

So you do that every game? because for me i just let my assistant pick my squad and then i pick my subs and continue to the game :/ I still win most of the time but it just feels like i'm missing out.

Yes, before every game. If playing with a top team or an underdog, then my conclusions as how to approach the coming game is mostly to use my main approach, that might be to push up and create space with Complete FC.....or sit back and exploit space with quick FC.

I never ever let the assistant manager actually decide the team or give the team talks though.