[Tactical Discussion] Plug, Manage and Play

Could you post some player filters or give the required attributes for each position, in your opinion, please?

Once I open up a thread in the download forum I will write up a section on this. For now just use the attributes highlighted in the game, they're not much different to what they should be.

I've never seen an IF not on attack. I'm very intersted in this and will try it out.

Why does the final version have Play Wider? I thought you removed that one?

Why does the final version have Play Wider? I thought you removed that one?

No I removed Play Wider on the Fullbacks. It might be labelled Stay Wider in the game though so apologies for that!

Furacão has been brought to Italy...

First game of the season was Inter away. Thanks for that Serie A. Won 2-1 at home to Empoli (just about), lost a 1-0 lead away to Cagliari which was annoying. This was my latest result and I think they're starting to believe in our playing style. They did need a kick up the a-hole in the beginning though as they had very low self confidence. Hopefully this result will kick start the season.

After reaching the halfway mark in my test save with Swansea I can safely say Furacão is amazing! Swansea have been on absolute fire for me using this tactic, especially Sigurdsson, Montero and Gomis. Anyway I'll let the screenshots do the talking (Sorry for the amount of screenshots)...

View attachment 291493 View attachment 291494 View attachment 291484 View attachment 291482 View attachment 291481 View attachment 291480 View attachment 291479 View attachment 291478 View attachment 291477 View attachment 291476
View attachment 291490 View attachment 291489 View attachment 291487 View attachment 291486 View attachment 291485

And at just 5'5 here's my "Little *******" ;)

View attachment 291473

Excellent work justified and you're welcome to use any of my screenshots when you eventually publish the tactic on the share tactic's section of the forum. Also I only made one signing and that was Humam Tariq but I loaned him out to Galatasaray until the end of the season, so no transfers really. Anyway time for me to stop my test save with Swansea and start up a proper game using Furacão.

Last edited:
After reaching the halfway mark in my test save with Swansea I can safely say Furacão is amazing! Swansea have been on absolute fire for me using this tactic, especially Sigurdsson, Montero and Gomis. Anyway I'll let the screenshots do the talking (Sorry for the amount of screenshots)...

View attachment 794766 View attachment 794765 View attachment 794784 View attachment 794789 View attachment 794791 View attachment 794792 View attachment 794794 View attachment 794796 View attachment 794798 View attachment 794799
View attachment 794772 View attachment 794774 View attachment 794778 View attachment 794781 View attachment 794783

View attachment 794802

Excellent work justified and you're welcome to use any of my screenshots when you eventually publish the tactic on the share tactic's section of the forum. Also I only made one signing and that was Humam Tariq but I loaned him out to Galatasaray until the end of the season, so no transfers really. Anyway time for me to stop my test save with Swansea and start up a proper game using Furacão.

Superb results! Can you screenshot the tactic with best 11?

Superb results! Can you screenshot the tactic with best 11?

Sure thing mate. Here's my best XI...

View attachment 291402

And here's my backup XI...

View attachment 291400

Obviously I switched between Furacão, Furacão Lite and Furacão S.U.S during a match in the way justified suggested to use them. The only changes I made were that I moved the IF-S from AML to AMR because it better suited Montero and Barrow to play on the right and I switched positions of the CM-A and DLP-S like the wingers.

Last edited:

View attachment 794766 View attachment 794765 View attachment 794784 View attachment 794789 View attachment 794791 View attachment 794792 View attachment 794794 View attachment 794796 View attachment 794798 View attachment 794799
View attachment 794772 View attachment 794774 View attachment 794778 View attachment 794781 View attachment 794783

View attachment 794802

Interesting... You played the IF as Support instead of attack and his ratings are quite impressive. When I wrote up the tweaks I meant change the Winger to Inside Forward Support haha Funny how a misunderstanding can lead to good result.

Interesting... You played the IF as Support instead of attack and his ratings are quite impressive. When I wrote up the tweaks I meant change the Winger to Inside Forward Support haha Funny how a misunderstanding can lead to good result.

Haha! Totally meant it of course ;) The winger basically played like an IF anyway because Dyer and Routledge are so right-footed, but out of the attacking players the winger is probably the weakest in terms of stats. Montero in that IF-S role would quite often be the key to unlocking defences though with his runs in behind and into the channels, Montero, Gomis and Sigurdsson linked up so well at times. Just out of curiosity did you test "Look for Overlap" and "Whipped Crosses" at all, if so how'd they perform?

Great results! I'm with chelsea... still haven't lost, only one goal allowed (set-piece), but I doubt i will reach the half of the season undefeated and only victories like you! Great job!

Those of you who have tested the tactic, and of course justified, what's your training and match prep setup? And do you use OI?
Thanks, have followed and read the thread the last couple of days, really like the way you have presented the tactic, instead of just posting a link and tell us that it's the greatest tactic ever.

Those of you who have tested the tactic, and of course justified, what's your training and match prep setup? And do you use OI?
Thanks, have followed and read the thread the last couple of days, really like the way you have presented the tactic, instead of just posting a link and tell us that it's the greatest tactic ever.

This is how I setup training and match prep in pre-season...

View attachment 291322

View attachment 291321

The only thing I'd have players working on in pre-season is either retraining them to a new position or working on a PPM, no individual focus as to reduce the amount of injuries whilst players aren't match fit. During the season I'd setup for training and match prep like so...

View attachment 291320

I'd change the match prep from either Attacking Movement to Defensive Positioning based on the opposition and reports, for example if I was playing Chelsea home or away I'd select Defensive Positioning, whereas if I were playing Burnley at home or away I'd select Attacking Movement. However if in the previous match I'd conceded 2 or more goals I would have them working on Defensive Positioning no matter who the opponent was. As for the individual focus I'd just train them to each role like F9, DLP etc. For OI's I would look at what my assistant thinks and gage from that really, but generally I'd have the opposing teams best passer being tight marked unless they're super quick and I'd close down some of their better players, also if a player has a weaker foot (reasonable or lower) I'd show them onto that foot.

Haha! Totally meant it of course ;) The winger basically played like an IF anyway because Dyer and Routledge are so right-footed, but out of the attacking players the winger is probably the weakest in terms of stats. Montero in that IF-S role would quite often be the key to unlocking defences though with his runs in behind and into the channels, Montero, Gomis and Sigurdsson linked up so well at times. Just out of curiosity did you test "Look for Overlap" and "Whipped Crosses" at all, if so how'd they perform?

Look for overlap is a no go, it messes up the AML/R's. Whipped crosses I'm undecided. I haven't seen a lot of difference tbh. At the moment I have it selected and haven't removed it.

Training : In pre-season I have - Fitness High - 50% Match Tactics, unless it's season 2 and they already know it then I set it to 40%. During the season if I've bought a lot of players I'll go team cohesion for a couple of weeks. The rest I go Ball Control or Tactics Low and then focus individually on players.

Match Prep : This is so difficult to explain but it's mostly based game on game. Against tougher opposition I either do Defensive Position or Attacking Set Peices depending on how my defence has been recently. Easier opposition is either Attacking Movement or Team work again depending how my attack has been playing.

Look for overlap is a no go, it messes up the AML/R's. Whipped crosses I'm undecided. I haven't seen a lot of difference tbh. At the moment I have it selected and haven't removed it.

Yeah I tried adding "Whipped Crosses" myself for a run of games and I didn't really notice the difference as well, I just switched it back to the way it was because it's always good to have a variety of crosses coming in.

Testing a few new things to monitor for the next few games, just ideas I've scribbled down at work that I wanted to try out :

All Roam From Position PI's removed - Just to monitor movement if not selected
Sit Narrower For Both IF's. Might get a few more goals out of them.
MC - Fewer Risky Passes and Moves Into Channels added. Want to see if MIC is better then RFP.
Work Ball Into Box Removed, Shoot Less Often selected for all players
A more attacking Left Back to occupy the left flank when Attacking IF moves infield.

I'll let you know about my findings after 10 matches or so.

This has been one of the most interesting and entertaining reads I've come across!

Absolutely fantastic! Would love to give it a crack at some point. Do you think it will work as well in lower leagues where players won't have high attributes, or is it more tailored to top end players?

Keep up the good work man!

I like the tactic and I think this thread makes some great points about PMP with it. You need to tweak it some based on the type of player you have. the guy who scores the most on my team has a finishing of 5 but hes a fast as **** winger that just finds himself in open space somehow and has the mentals to not **** it up when hes there. the F9 gives it a hockey attacking line feel and requires a more mental and physical player as the team lacks someone leading the attack. I think you'd be better off making the build strikerless and going to find a succession of 30 year old Brazilian Tarquestias who've been everywhere and seen everything.

**** it I'm going to make it into a 4-2-4 I think it can work with this