[Tactical Discussion] Plug, Manage and Play

Do you think it will work as well in lower leagues where players won't have high attributes, or is it more tailored to top end players?

It should work in the lower leagues because it's not exactly TI/ PI heavy, however the only thing that might let it down in LLM is the fluid mentality. But there's no harm in trying it in the lower leagues.

Going well for me second season with everton, played 8 league games, won 7 drawn 1, scored 23 and conceded 3. Also won my Europa league and capital one cup games too

congrats and thank you for the great insight and the tactic. 2 questions.

1) do you select a particular position for the set pieces? it seems as though you have built some instructions for the set pieces. Which position would be the best takers for them to work?
2) To what extent do you apply the assistant's advices? It seems that most of his advices somehow interfere with your main instructions. Do you use OI's that the assistant recommends?

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
This tactic is quality, with everton second season won the league with 2 losses, 8 draws and 28 wins scoring over 100 goals and conceding less than 30

No disrespect taken. Let me ask you a question here -

You've downloaded a tactic from FM-base. You plug it in, you run 10 games with a top/middle PL team. Wow fantastic you've won all 10 and have a goal difference of 32-4. 11th game, home to Colchester Utd in the FA Cup. Somehow you're down 2-1 with 15 minutes to go.

Do you:

a) Just sit there and stare at the screen as the clock winds down
b) You pull an angry german kid and break everything in sight
c) You throw the kitchin sink at Colchester. Overload, Pump the ball into the box etc etc

If you answer c) I'd say that's you conceding that plug and play doesn't exist anymore.

I don't change the tactic at all. Still successful. :)

playing FM again with my old save as Hull in the middle of 2nd season I'm 3rd in the league which is great but in a slump lately missing chance to lead the table with too many boring draws, tried this and I like the tactic, but hinders a bit by tactic unfamiliarity (before this my team played counter & direct flat 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1) and my attackers miss firing.

my best eleven currently
View attachment 289028

match results so far
View attachment 289027
the wins were very pleasing with fluid and dominating attacking style

the draws mostly due to too many missed chances and some lazy defending

The first lose against everton in FA cup my DM got red carded on 65 mnt and it was still 0-0 by that time so I continued with the formation (without DM) but switched the CM role to defend, I can hold on for 90 mnt but eventually defeated in extra time by 2 goals mostly because of my 2 midfielders too tired to covered too much ground and being overrun. any advices if one of your player got sent off like this ?

and the 2nd one against Swansea my 2 IFs failed to made the impact going forward as they usually did, Swansea played defensively with 4-1-4-1 formation and every time my IF got the ball they were surrounded by 3 players (WM,DM,CM), they always got cornered, they either tried to dribble then failed and lost the ball or tried to pass to the F9 or CM but often the pass got intercepted. any advices to counter this kind of situation? I'm thinking to change the FB to CWB or change their role to FB>attack so they can give more support for the IFs going forward, I didn't do this change in the swansea game though

Looking forward to the update Justified

Thanks. In all honesty it'll probably come in or around Easter cause of all the work I have up until that point.

Version 2 is all about accommodating a Ramdeuter into the Furacão. Reasons why I'll post in the update but some player roles have had to change to incorperate this because a Ramdeuter doesn't defend by nature so the midfield are having to support instead of Support/Attack split. So far in testing the DLP has had to take a step back into "The *******" role but I'm getting good results out of it.

playing FM again with my old save as Hull in the middle of 2nd season I'm 3rd in the league which is great but in a slump lately missing chance to lead the table with too many boring draws, tried this and I like the tactic, but hinders a bit by tactic unfamiliarity (before this my team played counter & direct flat 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1) and my attackers miss firing.

my best eleven currently
View attachment 801009

match results so far
View attachment 801011
the wins were very pleasing with fluid and dominating attacking style

the draws mostly due to too many missed chances and some lazy defending

The first lose against everton in FA cup my DM got red carded on 65 mnt and it was still 0-0 by that time so I continued with the formation (without DM) but switched the CM role to defend, I can hold on for 90 mnt but eventually defeated in extra time by 2 goals mostly because of my 2 midfielders too tired to covered too much ground and being overrun. any advices if one of your player got sent off like this ?

and the 2nd one against Swansea my 2 IFs failed to made the impact going forward as they usually did, Swansea played defensively with 4-1-4-1 formation and every time my IF got the ball they were surrounded by 3 players (WM,DM,CM), they always got cornered, they either tried to dribble then failed and lost the ball or tried to pass to the F9 or CM but often the pass got intercepted. any advices to counter this kind of situation? I'm thinking to change the FB to CWB or change their role to FB>attack so they can give more support for the IFs going forward, I didn't do this change in the swansea game though

I would've taken the F9 off. You have enough runs from the IF and MC to be a threat.

As for 4141 I'd say if you wanted to penetrate more then maybe two IF's on attack, MC on support and the DL on attack. Theoretical but should get you around them.

Last edited:
I'm doing a little side project as well based more on a Marcelo Bielsa style and mixing that with the Furacão. As far as testing teams will go, do you lads think Nottm Forrest would be a good team to trial this on?

I'm doing a little side project as well based more on a Marcelo Bielsa style and mixing that with the Furacão. As far as testing teams will go, do you lads think Nottm Forrest would be a good team to trial this on?

They have a good squad with high teamwork and workrate I believe so why not?! Plus sleeping giant...
You going for Bielsa old school 3313 etc or the 4231 he seems to have settled on at the moment with Marseille?

They have a good squad with high teamwork and workrate I believe so why not?! Plus sleeping giant...
You going for Bielsa old school 3313 etc or the 4231 he seems to have settled on at the moment with Marseille?

Keeping the 4-3-3 formation but implementing a few principles from "El Loco" himself.

Nottingham Forrest it is :)

Got a few hours now in and around the football tonight. Starting a new Nottm Forrest save as I type. Now to get past day 1....