Tomaz360

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I usually have a lot of trouble with my tactics.

I would like to know the following:
1 - If I'm using high pressure, should I make my centre backs pressure less?
2 - When using a counter attacking, should I have a high def. line or a deep line?
3 - When using a possession based tactic should I use a Ball Playing Defender (I believe this is role is a more useful for counter attacking, direct football and route one).

Thanks!

I usually have a lot of trouble with my tactics.
Remember, that each Mentality has its own default settings for width, closing down, passing, D-line etc.

1 - If I'm using high pressure, should I make my centre backs pressure less?
I don't see why you should, but you need to watch matches to see if they need to press more or less. A high pressing system (any system, really) isn't just you clicking 1 button (press more) and suddenly you have a flawless pressing machine.

2 - When using a counter attacking, should I have a high def. line or a deep line?
The usual form of counter attacking is sitting deep, drawing the opposition in and then COUNTERING their ATTACK.

Again though, attention must be given to whether you're setting up slightly too deep or too high.

3 - When using a possession based tactic should I use a Ball Playing Defender (I believe this is role is a more useful for counter attacking, direct football and route one).

A ball-playing defender has the freedom to play basically any range of pass, so he may pass short if that's on, he may go long if it's on. You may find he wastes possession too much, but that depends on your settings as well as the player being played there.