Goooner

Reaction score
I just cant seem to do well in 2010 with tactics. Ive created a tactic based around my players for Arsenal, but it seems to be failing. I draw against little teams at home or scrape wins. I seem to concede late on even when on contain and set pieces dont go to well when against me. Ive read the ttf and tried to tweak my tactics according but its not working out. In the screenie that ive uploaded there a few players missing, Enke in goal, Kehl at dm, Turan on the left wing and Obasi on the right. For the people that im sure will make a fuss i havent put it in the looking for a tactic thread because I would appreciate in depth advice.

Thanks

Had similar issues with Arsenal aswell. Didn't perform well against smaller teams either and my backroom staff had warned me that the players become complacent. In November switched Stevs 4-5-1 barca style tactics and the team finally gelled too. But the good performances came at the end of the season. Even Fabregas got going in the end-seven assists and four goals in the last 10 games. It just takes a lot longer on FM10 for the team to gel and learn the tactics in my opinion.

i found a decent tactic with arsenal it is like yours but the wingers are further back so they are wide midfielders

Thanks lads i also forgot to mention that Van Persie isnt doing much for me during the season. Ive tried using him as a advanced striker, complete striker and poacher and he isnt producing any magic and my assistant is always saying hes being heavily outnumbered by the oppositions defence

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Any other help please?

u try playing RVP as deep lying forward an get the wingers in attack so when attacking your forwards are not outnumbered by the opponents, ive had this problem when i played a lone striker. during the match my assistant told me my forwards are being outnumbered. for late goals u try bringing fresh legs around 65 to 70 min. best is fresh defenders, for my MANu save i started not to concede late goals well hope it helped

van persie is not a striker imo, i use him as a trequartista, if you want some arsenal help message leeumoconner

Van Persie didn't do work as a central forward for me. Started using Vela instead of him, I used him as a substitute or winger in most games.

Maybe you could look at the Arsenal Guide..? It's got a tactic on there from Gatid, a lot of good feedback on it.

Maybe you could look at the Arsenal Guide..? It's got a tactic on there from Gatid, a lot of good feedback on it.

heres the link in case you're looking for it.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23283

i admit that i still suck with the big clubs despite seeking advices and reading all the guides.
thus, i stopped playing them ever since fm 2008 and realised that i certainly played better using weaker clubs. thought you could give it a shot with weaker clubs as well :)