Tactical Familiarity Issues (The higher the worse)

coitusmaximus

Reaction score
So i uploaded a pretty nice tactic (Knapps Argus 3-5-2 the one that made 101 PL points and won all cups for Liverpool) It fits my player pool that have now and my philosophy of style that i wanted to try during this save of mine. At first it was showing pretty good rusults. The posession was amazign around 58% each game, the players were realy creative making around 15-20 SPG (i won a couple of matches 4-0 in the PL) each game and the defenders well, they were decent to say the least. But as soon as my team got familiar enough with the tactic the progress started to decline from game to game. First of all i started to lose possession, then goal attempts dropped to around 7-9 per game and now my defense seems like really not able to get the ball back from teams of my own level or lower. Im in despair because this is not the first time this happens to me.

Any tips what i am doing wrong ?

Second thought :
So i have the idea that the teams in my league also get familiar with my tactic, or do they? Because we see "pro tacticians" testing their tactic just simulating the season without any tactic changes during the process and end up showing mindblowing results overall, when in reality when you really play the season the tactic stops working after aprox 10 games or so.

Third thought:
What use is it then trying to find certain types of players for a certain tactic if it gets outdated every half a season or so ? Do i really need to have a set of 3 totally different tactics to have progress during the season surprising my rivals every game or two with something they havent seen ? This is just stupid.

Couple of things.....male sure you have a captain with high avg rating and leadership stats.....usually one of the CD’s. a good skipper can set the bar for the rest of the team...look at swapping out players that have low determination....
rest players occasionally.....try understudies every now and again....praise players that play welll after every game.....give players that play poorly criticsm...have a good assistant manager....to motivate
these aren’t fixes....and like every team every season you will hit a flat spot.....but if you are regularly hitting inconsistent results....and you have good players....change the tactic

If AM takes the training make sure it has:

- Preferred Formation (as you)
- Style of Play (as you)
- Good Personality
- Determination
- Level of Discipline
- Motivating
- Work with Youngsters
- Attributes for General Training (Attacking, Defending, Possession)

Couple of things.....male sure you have a captain with high avg rating and leadership stats.....usually one of the CD’s. a good skipper can set the bar for the rest of the team...look at swapping out players that have low determination....
rest players occasionally.....try understudies every now and again....praise players that play welll after every game.....give players that play poorly criticsm...have a good assistant manager....to motivate
these aren’t fixes....and like every team every season you will hit a flat spot.....but if you are regularly hitting inconsistent results....and you have good players....change the tactic
thank you i have not managed some of these tips yet. i dont criticize my poorly performing players. and i should swap out players with poor determination. my assistant is a professional and motivative but ive only now noticed he doesnt prefer my tactical style as written in the answer below. i should fix this too after this season.

Also try and adapt you tactic live during the match. example....pay attention to how the opposition line up in the attacking third of the field. If they line up with one central striker....then your two central defenders should cope with that....if they line up with two wide attacking players...adjust your wide defenders to defend not support or attack. If they have an amc make sure you have one Of your midfielders drop back to do role.. I like a tactic that has an dm to adjust for that specific problem.....but the real battle is wing back v winger area.....don’t have your wide defenders in attack or support if the oppositon are going to be spending a lot of effort ou there....similarly pay attention to how your team in attack line up to their defence....I lie my wingers to be in attack to pin back the opposition full backs.....hope thi rant makes sense....if not feel free to ask questions