Cookie1

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I started a new fm save. Started unemployed and got a job at Osasuna in the Spanish second divison in January. However after a good start (winning the first three games), things started to go downhill, and I got sacked after I got relegated on the last day of the season. I also had a dressing room atmosphere of 'very poor' because of consecutive defeats and a prolonged spell of poor form. My defenders kept making mistakes(In one game, scoring four goals away from home wasn't enough). In games where the defense did good, the offensive players did nothing. I even couldn't hold on to a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go in one match. I also had several team meetings to improve morale but nothing changed. This got me wondering if the problem was tactical. But I cant seem to spot any problem. My tactic is in the screenshot. No Player instructions except to the goalkeeper to pass it short, and the two centre backs to close down much less. I used the same tactic with Arsenal with very encouraging results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hi. Is always worth praising the conduct of the players, that will only help with the happiness of the squad. I think you should consider some team instructions.
Higher tempo
Slightly Narrow width
Slightly higher defensive line
Play out of defence
And maybe work in to box

Its not always easy to find an answer, so offen it is just a small detail that changes the success of a tactic. Do you change your tactic for away and home matches?? I sometimes like to play with a Deep lying playmaker(def)along side a box to box in midfield and im always a fan of the complete forward. You could have you wide attackers on attack with the forward on support or wide attack on support and forward on attack.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I dont change tactics for home or away games. I actually had team instructions in the first four matches ( I was trying to play a quick passing game ), but I removed them after the fourth game as I felt that the tactic was becoming too defensive ( I was using 'Defensive' mentality)