stampy13

Reaction score
i'm having problems defending can't seem to get it right every season i seem to let in 30-40 goals have tried several tactics and setting can't get it right. The only time i get a team to defend well they don't score any help would be greatly received

i'm having problems defending can't seem to get it right every season i seem to let in 30-40 goals have tried several tactics and setting can't get it right. The only time i get a team to defend well they don't score any help would be greatly received

If you wany some good help, I suggest that you posta scenario in which you conceed to many goals. Without it, One would have to write a 3 pages complete guide as its such a big subject.

Example of scenario

I play a 4411 using a fluid philosophy and switch between Standard, attack and Counter depending on the match odds. Whilst I seem to be able to score and keep possession, the opponent have no problem ripping my defence apart whenever they like. The normal results are *** and the opponent always seems to score when I am 2 goals up/ I just have conceded/ straight after I have scored.

I am using the current setup...XXXX ( screen of the tactical settings etc)

My point here is to see when you are conceding and under what circumstances

i play a 4-2-3-1 formation normal defence 2 center bk 2 full bk automatic 2 central midfielders 1 as a ball winner, 1 as central mid, left and right inside forwards, 1 att mid, 1 striker who is either a complete forward or a poacher.

philosophy is very fluid and attacking
most of the results seem to be 4-3 or 4-2 i have only kept 5 clean sheets all season last few games have gone 1 nil down and then won 3-2 into my 4th season with stalybridge celtic played 41 games scored 100 goals let in 71 and 2nd in the league

but as i said tried several formations and tactics with different teams can always win titles and trophys but always let in shed loads of goal this season is the worst tho

hope that helps if you want more detail just ask
don't know how to do screen shots or i would of uploaded some

If you have not touched any of the wizard settings, I would make the following suggestion

Scenario
You get hit on the counter, the opponent hitting balls over the top of your fullbacks
Reason
Then it's because you're playing a too high d.line with too many players attacking committed.
Solution
Drop the d-line about 30 % percent ( drop deeper shout) and let your fullbacks be on loose zonal, alternative use control instead when seeing this happen

Scenario
When you are perhaps 3-0 up and the game ends 4-2, they keep possession between your wingers and fullbacks, then bouncing the ball back and forward, in the end dragging your players out of position
Reason
Your team has stopped playing at the same time as the opponent has used some more cautious shouts, retain possession and perhaps take a breather. This makes them move up field as a unit whilst your players are not bothering to close down and are to high up in the field.
Solution
You need to play a more cautious approach yourself. You need to play a possession based appraoch and drop deeper. Perhaps play Balanced with some cautious shouts: Retain possession, etc.

In the end, its rather easy to see what to do but you have to watch the game more carefully. Watch some of the played matches in full mode and see why and when they score