Tactical Help Man City 3rd Season

beard4toon

Reaction score
hiya im new to this forum but i actually have been playing fm since the first one i am having a real problem with my man city team i usually pick lower league teams and have no issue with rising them to the premier league but with this new man city era and the chance of throwing around millions i just couldnt turn it down. im now on my third season and i have only won the fa cup and league cup and i am slightly worried about my results one of which was the most awful result i could ever hope for so here are my results

Man United - away - 7-1 loss : i dont even want to talk about this
Real Madrid - away - 3-3 draw: although it looks a great result scrappy finishing and with the money i have spent its noit what i expect
Blackburn - home - 3-2 win: yet again on paper that looks good but it was a last minute goal and we looked poor throughout the game
Real Madrid - home - 4-0 win: i am happy with this result we did score plenty of goal but our possesion was awful couldnt keep a pass in the centre at all

these are the opening results below is my team sheet (my preferred first team along with subs)

Goalkeeper

Joe Hart

Full Back(Automatic) Centre Back Centre Back Full back(Automatic)
Richards Sakho Mexes Baines

Defensive Winger Central Defensive Playmaker Central Midfielder Support Def Winger
Jefferson Farfan Ricardo Montolivo Rodwell Hazard

Defensive Forward Poacher
Dzeko Tevez

Bench

Given
Gary Cahill
Neymar
Milner
Ashley Young
Adebayor
Lukaku
Silva
Barry

Tactics

Fluid Strategy
Attacking
Short Passing
Pressing (defence)

That is all i set up

i think the bench may have more players than allowed on match day but i just needed to point out my key players if anyone has any tips that would be great.

Last edited:
download il devasto tactic and go from there, you'e certainly got the players you prob just need to sort your tactics out a bit.

il devasto has been awesome for me but you MUST follow the instructions on the thread

good luck

thanks ben

my team were fantastic the year before with the same tactics i made alot of changes this summer to finally win the league and seems to have set me back but il tweak and see what i can do

have you got a link for this tactic

I think you should buy some new players, as Mexes is getting old and there are a lot better players than Farfan, and I would even consider replacing Baines...

baines is about 28 i have a young guy called manu who already is rated well he is 19 i think
mexes is 31 but he is still stringing our great games and i have galeano from intercional or hwowver it is spelt hes 21 and looking good its not about who to buy but how i can get it to work really but cheers anyway

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

i also have ashley young but ive had a few on the right and farfan has played the best i had sanchez from udiense but he was awful got ym money back though sold him to liverpool :) thanks ben for the tactic btw