Tim7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am at Blackburn in my third season, first season we won the Championship, 2nd season finished 15th in Premier League and now in the 3rd season struggling and after 8 matches we haven't won a game! D4 and L4, although from what I can tell from the analysis and player ratings, we have actually played quite well in most, if not all matches. Averaging a couple of CCCs per game and mostly player ratings of 7 and above.

So I am just after the experts knowledge and any tips or glaringly obvious things I'm missing or doing wrong. So here are the squad comparison screens:

ScreenShot2013-02-03at231117_zps2179452b.png

ScreenShot2013-02-03at231119_zps7937a693.png

ScreenShot2013-02-03at231121_zpsca6960a9.png

And here is the tactics I have come up with after studying the team comparisons:

ScreenShot2013-02-03at222257_zps06d1d16c.png

I'm now starting to think that maybe an Attacking strategy is maybe a bit too ambitious... Media prediction at the start of the season was 12th if that helps. If anyone needs more screenshots or anything please ask I can provide them.

Many thanks in advance for any helpers!

Too wide and too high for a poorer team,one of them has to go down.
Theres too much space for good teams to exploit.

edit:And 2 CCC is good,just try and shore up the defence.

you have got speed,play on the counter.

Ok thanks for the input. Would it be worth setting strategy to Counter and using shouts of Get Ball Forward & Run At Defence?

Here is a good example, the very next match I played after posting here:

ScreenShot2013-02-03at235935_zps0ba0788b.png

ScreenShot2013-02-04at000107_zps17e02d6c.png

ScreenShot2013-02-04at000130_zpsa19c37cb.png

ScreenShot2013-02-04at000148_zps2d548f5f.png

ScreenShot2013-02-04at000257_zps89baa1f1.png

This happens most matches as I said in the OP. Are we just getting quite unlucky? Or are my defenders not good enough? Are the defence and midfield roles / duties not set effectively?

Help appreciated I'm getting desperate haha!

was this with counter and get ball forward and run with ball?
Which players got the CCC and half chances?
Cant read the numbers in that one.
In a normal game other than this,do the same players get the CCC and half chances?

And oppositiong always seems to be better off at finishing off CCC,I am reading,I will show you the game I just played and drew you will know what I mean.View attachment 307005
Hit the wood twice and had 7 CCC.They had 3,took them all since one was a rebound after my keeper saved.

First half was my Attacking formation and we had 2 of the CCCs in that half. Second half I moved to Counter with the Shouts. The CCCs plus 1 Half Chance fell to my STR (Poacher), and the other 2 Half Chances fell to the STL (Complete Forward).

When to expect that promising tactic mate?
soon if results look up.

First half was my Attacking formation and we had 2 of the CCCs in that half. Second half I moved to Counter with the Shouts. The CCCs plus 1 Half Chance fell to my STR (Poacher), and the other 2 Half Chances fell to the STL (Complete Forward).

How are you conceding?
Like in the Liverpool game I just played,I thought I was desperately unlucky as they just scored from shots fired with 4 people blocking him.
Otherwise I concede from counters by the opposition as I play very attacking with fullbacks playing as wing backs.
And thirdly and most importantly from second ball from setpieces.

I'll keep an eye on the goals conceded. Also any tips on shouts or tactics to change for trying to hold onto a lead?

I'll keep an eye on the goals conceded. Also any tips on shouts or tactics to change for trying to hold onto a lead?

Make the wingers specific mark opposition fullbacks and your own fullbacks speicifc mark the opposition wingers and drop the wingers down to mrl and switch to contain with retain possession shout maybe.

Thanks. I have switched to a Counter strategy and have created a few of my own Shouts combinations, one to Attack, one to Counter and one to Hold a Lead. Also tweaked a couple of roles / duties. Here's my new setup:

ScreenShot2013-02-04at023535_zpsea3b2eea.png

And I have added as backup tactics, the same settings but one with a flat 4-4-2 formation, and the other as a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, with a DM instead of the Poacher.

Yahoo finally got our first win of the season, (only took 11 matches!). Ironically we went down to 10 men after 30 mins as a CM got sent off for 2 yellows. I subbed the Poacher and replaced with another BWM. I also dropped the Wingers back to a flat midfield 4. I think I will be using the flat 4-4-2 from now on as I need the wingers to help in defence too. Also the flat banks of 4 change the D line and make it deeper which suits us, even though we have a fast defence.

Well the counter tactic is really working at the moment, we've won 4 of the last 5 and drew the other one! Pushed us up to around 16th already. Almost January transfer window and I have enough money to reinforce the whole squad.

Dont reinforce too much,team cohesion is very important.
Sign maximum 3 players in a window.

Yes I hear what you're saying. However on the other hand my first team squad is only 20 players! A few of them are not good enough too so I need singings. But maybe max 3 is possible.

By the way, I've changed the Poacher to an Advanced Forward.

Yes I hear what you're saying. However on the other hand my first team squad is only 20 players! A few of them are not good enough too so I need singings. But maybe max 3 is possible.

By the way, I've changed the Poacher to an Advanced Forward.

I changed my whole team.
Doesnt work out that well.Make sure your using team cohesion and teamwork from january to whenever things start looking up.
Try to sign players who can ease off into the team rather than people who will break in right away.Im still trying to figure out how to get your team to be playing together quicker after heaps of new signings.

If you could solve that you'd probably have a job as a real football manager haha! Thanks for the help again :).

It's going really well, we're playing good counter attacking football and creating quite a few CCCs per game but I'm getting really frustrated that my strikers can't seem to score these CCCs from inside the penalty area and sometimes inside the 6 yard box!? It's crazy. Is there anything I can do to help them?