GreenNUFC

Reaction score
I have just started my 4th season with NUFC and I am starting to struggle despite having a strong squad.

After winning the championship I have finished 15th and 9th. This season I am struggling in 16th and in-particular finding it difficult away from home and scoring goals in general, despite in my opinion having a strong team and tactical set up which suites.

My team generally keeps the ball well and creates chances averaging around 56% possession each game.

Here is my current squad:

View attachment 84330

And this is the tactic I have generally been using:
View attachment 84329

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated,

Thanks!

What's the idea behind setting up the front 3 like they are? How are you creating space for your goal scorer and which position(s) are you creating it for?

What's the idea behind setting up the front 3 like they are? How are you creating space for your goal scorer and which position(s) are you creating it for?

The idea is the two CAM's are the main creative force and have a free role in between the lines. Main chances created from through balls after possession play or cutbacks from the fullbacks.

main creative force and have a free role in between the lines.
Have you looked at what a Shadow Striker is supposed to be via the in-game description and player instructions?

Have you looked at what a Shadow Striker is supposed to be via the in-game description and player instructions?

Yeah I used to have just Siggy as the SS and played Asensio as an AP but found he didn't return many goals or assits.

Yeah I used to have just Siggy as the SS and played Asensio as an AP but found he didn't return many goals or assits.
Okay, so for a moment, let's ignore that you didn't answer me on how you're creating space for the scorers.

You say you've read the in-game description and looked at the PIs for a SS and came to the conclusion that it's a perfect "creative force".

Description : The Shadow Striker operates as the team's main goalscoring threat. Usually paired with a deep laying forward, the shadow striker aggressively pushes forward into goalscoring positions as the ball moves into the final third and looks to close down opposing defenders when out of possession.

Then on the Player Instruction screen, you see that he has a high Mentality, cannot even be asked to Hold Position or Hold Up Ball and has Gets Further Forward instructed.

How is this a creator?

You need a playmaker in behind your forward or push one of them up to join the forward as a dlf or another supporting striker.

Two forwards will occupy the defence and stretch them better to open up gaps for an ss or poacher.

If you opt for the playmaker look at the vision teamwork and passing, the forward needs movement teamwork and work rate