nickmajfc

Reaction score
now i know there are a ton of professional's on here, whom are good at the game tactically. So, i thought id ask if i could get help with pulling out of a situation in-game.

Im Shrewsbury town, im on a 2 game winning streak, now im away to Accrington who are only just odds on favourite, barely.

So, my tactics worked at home the past 2 games, playing controlled and dominating the matches.. now i come away from home, so i still play direct, counter attacking and quick tempo..

so, 2 games unbeaten, i find myself 2-0 down at half time, the other team is on fire..

this happens EVERY single time im on a 2 winning streak, then it comes to a hault because it's an away game against a tougher team.. what on earth am i supposed to do. cant play defensive, that means it will be worse, plus they arent that good the opposition. so logically, i think direct passing with counter attack.

But, it just didn't work.. what am i supposed to do in these situations? what tactics should i implement away from home and whilst on a winning streak.

i changed to a short passing, slow but wide tempo after HT, had more chances then them, but missed sitters, so it was improved. but i can 100% guarantee if i started with that slow tempo, wide and short passing game, i still wouldv'e gotten owned, i know it. Also, they are lower in the table too, but still short odds favorites.

any help out there :)?

EDIT: Now after that 2-0 defeat to a slightly better opposition, i face 1st place (im 12th) away from home. (YORK City).. im most likely going to be destroyed.. i might try defensive first half, switching to counter second perhaps.. any help with this too?

Last edited:
well i didn't see that coming.. destroyed them 4-0... what the F***