Dicko1878

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with this tactic I'm using, defensively it's solid and very rarely concedes. However getting my team to score is becoming an issue, specifically the striker (Vietto) can anyone make any suggestions based on my screenshots to help get the team firing please?

Team Formation:

View attachment 251807

Team Instructions:

View attachment 251805

Player Instructions:

View attachment 251806

View attachment 251803

View attachment 251802

View attachment 251800

Not many roles that will run off the ball. I could only see the winger and maybe the striker doing it. Just my two cents.

It seems to lacks penetration, as Fusershift says. That's just from a quick look at the role/duty setup.

What's your vision? How is it supposed to work?

Are you struggling to score goals against everyone, or specifically against bigger or smaller sides?

It all seems very slow, with little movement and very narrow and central. You may do okay against the bigger sides, but I can see this probably struggling against everyone else.

It seems to lacks penetration, as Fusershift says. That's just from a quick look at the role/duty setup.

What's your vision? How is it supposed to work?

Are you struggling to score goals against everyone, or specifically against bigger or smaller sides?

It all seems very slow, with little movement and very narrow and central. You may do okay against the bigger sides, but I can see this probably struggling against everyone else.

Honestly you've hit the nail on the head there, great against the big teams but against team that are underdogs. I'm aiming to try and create a possession based tactic, for want of a word tiki-taka but with the players I have a 4-2-3-1 would be the ideal formation I think.

Honestly you've hit the nail on the head there, great against the big teams but against team that are underdogs. I'm aiming to try and create a possession based tactic, for want of a word tiki-taka but with the players I have a 4-2-3-1 would be the ideal formation I think.
Even tiki-taka relied on clever movement to pull defenders all over the place, while keeping possession. You will keep possession, but it'll fall flat against any defensively organised team.

Even tiki-taka relied on clever movement to pull defenders all over the place, while keeping possession. You will keep possession, but it'll fall flat against any defensively organised team.

Agreed, any ideas on getting the penetration needed? I'm thinking of changing the striker to a false nine and the AMC to an attack role

Think I solved my problem, I switched the striker to CF(s) and the wingers to IF(a) this is the result:

View attachment 890333

Excellent stuff, suddenly you have runners for your men to supply.

Just noticed something: Have you considered swapping the BWM and RPMs around and changing the BWM to a CM-d?

Excellent stuff, suddenly you have runners for your men to supply.

Just noticed something: Have you considered swapping the BWM and RPMs around and changing the BWM to a CM-d?

I haven't thought about that actually, I might give that a whirl see how that goes.

I haven't thought about that actually, I might give that a whirl see how that goes.

The reason I suggest that is because then the CM-D will shield your more aggressive CWB-A, and on that flank you now have an option to change that IF-a back to an APS during games to create overloads with the CWB - A, without blocking space for the RPMS

Your original shape (not the one with the two Inside forwards now) blocked the space of the RPMs, which is why you struggled to get him supporting closer.