Henspa

Reaction score
I really wan't to make my own tactics and never download any. The problem comes when I've made my tactic, it comes out failing miserably and I end up starting new game after a sad season or half of it after getting fired from the team or getting ****** with the way that things are going. I've read all helpful stuff that I just can find but still no. So heres few things that I'd like to ask. What are the things that I should start looking when I start to tweak player role? Lets say example I have Defoe or Raul. Completely different stats in pace and mental skills but I want to play them as poacher. How should I start to tweak Raul to get best out of him as poacher, what things should I concentrate on. Same thing with Defoe. How does scoring ability, pace, technical skills, etc. come best out of the instructions. What are the things that I concentrate when I have quick guy and how about technical genius? This is the main problem with all my tactics. I can't find the instructions to certain player. Mostly when my key player is a complete flop my results are sad. Example 14th in league with Arsenal or 11th with Chelsea. Then I would like to know how should I approach away matches? Really weak teams like Burnley, West Brom even Millwall and teams like these have totally dominated possession against me when I'm on their pitch and I'm playing with teams like Chelsea and Arsenal. Should I automatically make some counter attack tactic or attack and press them even more when I know that I have a lot better team? Last but not least, what are the top tips to see already when making a tactic that it will be in synergy and not that few guys do that and other guys do nothing like that and tactic comes crashing down? And sorry if my English is hard to read, thats not what I'm best at :$.

First thing I would suggest is that when you are making a tactic, fit the tactic to your team and not your team to your tactic. Start with your formation, if you have good wingers in the squad don't play a wingerless formation but if you don't have strong wingers but good central midfielders play in the middle.

Now with you example of using Raul and Defoe as poacher and how to make it work. Defoe would play well as a poacher, but Raul is in no way a poacher. His speed really limits him at the position and it does not take advantage enough of his mental states. Raul would be best served as a Complete Forward/Deeplying Forward/Advanced Forward.

You do have to adjust your approach for away matches if your team isn't just bullying your opponents in their stadium. A little more conservative is a good start and adjust your team talk to put less pressure on them.

First thing I would suggest is that when you are making a tactic, fit the tactic to your team and not your team to your tactic. Start with your formation, if you have good wingers in the squad don't play a wingerless formation but if you don't have strong wingers but good central midfielders play in the middle.

Now with you example of using Raul and Defoe as poacher and how to make it work. Defoe would play well as a poacher, but Raul is in no way a poacher. His speed really limits him at the position and it does not take advantage enough of his mental states. Raul would be best served as a Complete Forward/Deeplying Forward/Advanced Forward.

You do have to adjust your approach for away matches if your team isn't just bullying your opponents in their stadium. A little more conservative is a good start and adjust your team talk to put less pressure on them.

Raul has all attacking attributes very high (except pace) and poachers mentality is only to attack so why wouldn't he be a good poacher ... thats the role he plays in Schalke .. I'd say he has one of the games best poacher attributes

Raul has all attacking attributes very high (except pace) and poachers mentality is only to attack so why wouldn't he be a good poacher ... thats the role he plays in Schalke .. I'd say he has one of the games best poacher attributes

Because he doesn't have pace or acceleration. Deep Forward Attack seems perfect.

Ok, Im going to leave this tactic here. Try to play with Man Utd or Man City. You need to buy one good playmaker. That's it. If you play with United, buy Pastore and play him in Advanced Playmaker Attack Role. If you're going to play with City, buy Modric and play him as Advanced Playmaker Support role. Rooney Complete foward, Hernandez poacher, Dzeko as Complete foward and Tevez as Advanced foward. Play for a half of season, if you fail then, well, my tactic sucks :). But Im quite positive you'll find it useful :)
View attachment 172470

Raul has the attacking attributes to play any role as a striker but his declining physical stats and lack of pace means he should not be played as a poacher. I think he would be better played as your creator, not your primary goal scorer similar to how Rooney plays for United. For a good way to play him read the articles on the "Modern Center Forward" and the "False 10" in the Amateur Tactician Chalkboard.

Now if you had Defoe and Raul in the same team, as it appears from what you are saying, it would work really well to use them in the same way that Rooney and Hernandez play together for Manchester United. Hernandez plays as a poacher pushing the defensive line and chasing down through balls and Rooney drops deep into the whole between the opponent's defense and midfield and sprays passes to the wings and Hernandez. With this set up it is a good idea to have wingers who play as Inside Forwards or at least Wingers who are instructed to cut inside.

Well let me do a slightly informal guide to making your tactic:

Let me suggest that you start off with a simple formation 4-5-1 which works really well with big teams and is quite simple to understand and implement sucessfully:

1. As you mention, a player like Raul will be perfect for the lone striker role in this formation, u should set him as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support), if you set him as a poacher or Advanced Forward very often you will find he is up alone against the opposition defence with no support, what you really want him to do is to link up with your midfield and outnumber the opposition in that area

2.Your Wingers should be set as Inside Forwards, what you hope to achieve is that by Raul dropping deep, he will also draw one opposition centre back with him which leaves space open for your wide men to cut in and exploit, your probably hoping that a through ball from Raul or your CM finds these players and boom, a Goal happens

3. Your fullbacks should be in the dani alves type of mould, very attacking, as your wide men cut inside to exploit the space left in the central defence, this opens up space on the flanks for your Full Backs to bombard into, this is very important as it not only stretches the opposition defence but also provides another passing option for your CMs and Raul... if they are defensive you might find the opposition fullbacks tucking in and congesting the middle of the pitch thereby outnumbering your Inside Forwards and limiting Raul's influence

4. Your CMs and DM should be a classic creator-destroyer-passer axis, unfortunately I dont seem to remember how to implement it, you can hardly use the 4-5-1 formation in the lower league's but ask around the site, I am pretty sure u will find people who will tell you about it

This is a basic guide to get you started on the 4-5-1 formation, after you implement this you need to tweak the tactic according to your team, I will gladly help you out if you need help :)

Ok, Im going to leave this tactic here. Try to play with Man Utd or Man City. You need to buy one good playmaker. That's it. If you play with United, buy Pastore and play him in Advanced Playmaker Attack Role. If you're going to play with City, buy Modric and play him as Advanced Playmaker Support role. Rooney Complete foward, Hernandez poacher, Dzeko as Complete foward and Tevez as Advanced foward. Play for a half of season, if you fail then, well, my tactic sucks :). But Im quite positive you'll find it useful :)
View attachment 172470

I will never play ManU ManC or Real Madrid in any football game 'cause I hate them so **** much. And I don't want to download any tactic I want to create one that suits mine ... I just need the information how to do it.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Well let me do a slightly informal guide to making your tactic:

Let me suggest that you start off with a simple formation 4-5-1 which works really well with big teams and is quite simple to understand and implement sucessfully:

1. As you mention, a player like Raul will be perfect for the lone striker role in this formation, u should set him as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support), if you set him as a poacher or Advanced Forward very often you will find he is up alone against the opposition defence with no support, what you really want him to do is to link up with your midfield and outnumber the opposition in that area

2.Your Wingers should be set as Inside Forwards, what you hope to achieve is that by Raul dropping deep, he will also draw one opposition centre back with him which leaves space open for your wide men to cut in and exploit, your probably hoping that a through ball from Raul or your CM finds these players and boom, a Goal happens

3. Your fullbacks should be in the dani alves type of mould, very attacking, as your wide men cut inside to exploit the space left in the central defence, this opens up space on the flanks for your Full Backs to bombard into, this is very important as it not only stretches the opposition defence but also provides another passing option for your CMs and Raul... if they are defensive you might find the opposition fullbacks tucking in and congesting the middle of the pitch thereby outnumbering your Inside Forwards and limiting Raul's influence

4. Your CMs and DM should be a classic creator-destroyer-passer axis, unfortunately I dont seem to remember how to implement it, you can hardly use the 4-5-1 formation in the lower league's but ask around the site, I am pretty sure u will find people who will tell you about it

This is a basic guide to get you started on the 4-5-1 formation, after you implement this you need to tweak the tactic according to your team, I will gladly help you out if you need help :)

Thanks alot !! This was very helpfull .. have to try to put these things in a tactic and see how it works :)

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Read Some Of the Guides floating about, or download a few successful tactics and work out what makes them so successful.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g/74281-laffles-tactic-creating-workshop.html

Also Look at
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng/65421-raikan007s-perfect-4-3-3-tactic.html

as its got a Massive Instruction sheet that also doubles as a pretty helpful guide.

Thanks laffles ... didn't know you had this type of thread going on .. will surely take a good look at it :)