Clince121188

Reaction score
I'm not sure if a similar thread exists, but if you're like me, then from time to time during the day, you'll finding yourself musing over your "Next great tactical idea" with nobody to bounce it off of
(At least nobody who cares or is as dangerously obsessed with fictitious football tactics).

So I thought why not offer an avenue to discuss tactical ideas before they're even implemented into the game. This is what I hope this thread will turn out to be.

Personally whenever I'm within reach of a computer(which is Football Manager-less) and an idea strikes, I use a tactic modelling site to get it down on a 'durable medium'. However, sometimes you simply want another voice in the equation, an Assistant if you will.

So I guess I'll start things off:

View attachment 185247

In Game Representation:

Tactic: Flat 4-4-2 ( The middle four would consist of a CML, CM, CMR, RM and the front 2 would consist of a STC and STL)

Player Roles and instructions:

GK: GK(D) - Distribute To Centre Backs
DR: FB(S) - Default
DCR: CD(C) - Default
DCL: CD(S) - Default
DL: WB(A ) - Default
MR: WNG(A ) - Default
CMR: DLP(S) - Dribble Less, More Direct Passes
CMD: CM(D) - Default
CML: APL(A ) - Roam From Position, Get Forward
STC: F9(S) - Roam From Position
STL: AF(A ) - Default

Team Instructions:

Mentality: Attacking

Defensive Line: Fairly High

Closing Down: Sometimes(Which is automatically higher as it's an attacking mentality AND higher defensive line)

Passing Style: Mixed(This is because, although the players in midfield can be in very close proximity, I still want them to have the freedom to play longer passes to players that may not be so close to them e.g when the wing back pushes forward and the deep playmaker(CMR) is in possession

Tempo: Fairly Low (To maintain control of the game, while still looking to consistently play forward)

Shape: Flexible (With the lack of a left winger, "Structured" is out of the question)

Width: Balanced ( So that the left wing is still generally clear for the Wing Back to bomb forward, but there is also flexibility for the APL and AF to venture out there)

Build up: Exploit The Middle

Crosses: Low

OVERALL THINKING:
I love the interchangeability of the left side of the tactic, there are so many possibilities. I also love that while there's that randomness going on over there, Brandt (RM) is stuck to the wing, ready to take his man on and deliver a low cross into any of the on-rushing Lincoln, Embolo or Barkley. The fact that Brandt is generally firmly placed on the wing, allows Lincoln(STC) space to roam out to the right to link up play there as well as in the middle. Embolo on the left side of attack is pushed out slightly more than normal which gives him the possibilities of bombing down the left in, or preferably cutting in onto his right ala Thierry Henry. The defensive base would come from the DR- who is not instructed to get forward often, the centre back partnership and the CDM who holds his place in midfield, playing simple passes. while the others move forward, and covers for them when they lose the ball. The idea of having the stopper/cover partnership is that the CDL may have to leave his position to close down on the left, with the Wing back pushing forward often, which would obviously demand that the CDR cover his position and the DR to push narrower also.

Thoughts??

:p

Last edited:
In theory it looks good.

The picture and role of ML is confusing, it looks like a flat 432 plus a winger in AMR strata, which looks also good in theory.

I think you should add Sit Narrower to ML.

In theory it looks good.

The picture and role of ML is confusing, it looks like a flat 432 plus a winger in AMR strata, which looks also good in theory.

I think you should add Sit Narrower to ML.

Hi, thanks for responding.
The ML is actually a CML, which is why it might appear confusing. He is on the left of a midfield three so he's in between where a normal ML and normal CML would be
The MR is pushed a bit further forward than the rest as he has an attacking role, which positions him slightly further up the pitch

Hope that clears things up :)