Bugyman

Reaction score
well i started a new season with Chelsea on FM 2010 10.0.0
and well i won all my friendly matches and all was good
i bought Dzeko and jovetic for my team, and 2 youngster weiss and lukaku
sold no1

well then the competition started and i first had to play Man U for the super cup and we played and 0-0 5-3 penalty win for Man U
i was definately the better team 60% possesion 20 shots, 10 on goal
but okay that's football i guess

anyways this was keeping on on and on i do win sometimes (mosly 1-0) but mostly just draw because it seems really hard to score, while i do seem to get alot of shots on goal and have alot of possesion against teams like sunderland who i totally dominate but still lose 2 points in a boring 0-0 draw
except my 3-0 win in Man U i haven't actually performed that well still managed to get 5th place but i easuly should have been first or second

now first i tought well i'm just a bit unlucky but after 10 matches of being unlucky i assumed i must be doing something wrong

anyway i play (how my team most of the times looks when everyone fit)

----------------Cech----------------------
Bosingwa-Terry-Carvalho-A. Cole
---------------------------------------------
------------Lampard-Essien------------
J.Cole---------------------------Jovetic
-----------Drogba-Dzeko--------------

(players on the field do sometimes change, like anelka for drogba, and malouda for jovetic mainly)

i didn't change alot for the rest just put them attacking style, sometimes play drogba as target but stopped as it didn't seem to change alot, anyways i didn't tweak alot since all my friendlys were good even agaist teams like porto man city
and i dominated against Man U in the lost final so i assumed the tactic was good

dzeko performs well and is mostly scorer of my few goals

but i leave too many points at teams like sunderland and wolves by not scoring
also alot of weaker keepers seem to perform well and being man of the match against me but next week they lose like 4-0

what should I do?

Think you could post a screenshot of your formation as well as the settings? [Philosophy, etc.[

i could but quite useless i just set the players on the positions i told you and the only thing i changed was the team philosophy:mentality to attacking/forward(or something)
(I'm from belgium so I play the Dutch version i try to translate as well as i can)
all the rest is default (i haven't played anymore since 2007(reeally loved 2007:p))
also why are the arrows gone that was easier

smalle verification (can't take screenie other pc right now)

----------------Cech---------------------- kepper line
--------------------------------------------- where sweepers would be
Bosingwa-Terry-Carvalho-A. Cole normal defender position
--------------------------------------------- where DMC would be
------------Lampard-Essien------------ MC line
J.Cole---------------------------Jovetic AMC line
-----------Drogba-Dzeko-------------- AC line

Last edited:
for better help, post the roles you use.9

but for now, 20shots on goal- 10 on target, how many of thoose are long shots? most ppl agree that long shots are bad on 10.3fm have you decreased your players longshot bar to rearly?
And have you tried using the thouchline shout- work the ball into the box- again, less long shots more close range chances

Remember Jovetic is young, for me he does not really shine until midway through the 2'nd season at the earliest, so don't expct mor that 10goals the first 2 seasons

CHANGE YOUR TEAM, using the same lineup week in and wek out makes your players lazy, change it up so that no1 is certain they have a place in the line up and they'll start to work harder.

hope it helps

yes putting in the box i always use it, but strangly my players do tend lose their control over the game when i do this and it only helps sometimes, playing the ball deep(dutch bal diep spelen) does seem to work a little, and i will try to get them to not shoot from far because it is true they do this alot even when 1 on 1 with the keeper they just shoot from outside the box, so i'll try your advice on that (i don't use 10.3 but 10.0, cause on 10.3 i had to pay 20Meuro for lukaku wich is just ridiculous)

but my biggest issue is that (well i see this but maybe that is because i'm a bit frustrated when they miss again) but i feel that they just shoot alot on the keeper even in situations they could easily aim a bit to the left or right they shoot alot on the the keeper

anyways i'll try some of your advice when i am on that pc again, and maybe i was just unlucky

also isn't it wierd that with a pretty default tactic only changing mentality i get 60% possesion to a team like man u? in juventus i also had more possesion but didn't get too many shots but still

and o yeah how do you get those arrows back again (when you left click and drag)

and for jovetic i know he's young and i started to use malouda but jovetic does get a high ranking and did deliver 2 asists of my 3-0 win at man u, but he didn't score for now

anyway gonna start new game on this pc and see how that works out

10.0 or 10.3?

10.3, just remember to get your players to not shoot from range and cross the ball rearly.)