united_yo

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if anyone even will read this, but I'll give it a try.

Previously when I first started playing FM I got bored after 5 matches, deleted the save and started a new one. Why? Because I didnt understand anything about tactics. I didn't make a training schedule and I didnt look at my staff members. All I did was using the shouts ingame, and I now know for sure that I used them wrong.

After a little while, barely playing FM, this page popped up all of a sudden. A forum where people discussed tactical theorems, questions got answered, and it looked to me like everyone could be the best FMer alive. Then I realised that everyone who was "good" and posted screenshots of good results really just had downloaded tactics for Mr hough, JP or TBH. Well, not everyone, but A LOT.

Included myself. I downloaded the tactic, and I downloaded more tactics. I started to enjoy the game much more, and I got awesome results that kept me going. I also found a training schedule and a guide that had all the best staffmembers named. Perfekt I thought.

Now, I'm in my 2nd season with Manchester United, using Mr hough and JP's 4-1-2-1-2 tactic with tweaks stolen from TBH I won the league, FA cup, CS, CL and the Carling cup. I also won the super cup at the end of the season. I beat Bayer Munic 5-0 in the CL final.

That's when I thought about it, it really isnt me winning this. It's Mr. Hough,JP and TBH. Some cred should also go to Dan, who made me the training schedule because I don't understand anything about tactics or training schedules. After thinking about this for a while (this "happened" like 5 hours ago) I got bored of FM. Nothing seemes interesting.

I've tried yet again to make a tactic, but I'm failing. I don't really even know what the settings mean, or do in the game. I can watch the game, and I can notice what I want to change to play better, but I have no idea how to do this. To get some knowledge about this, I will have to read several guide on the internet, because I'm stupid like that.

So, the point of this thread is pretty much to collect links, and personal advices from you guys to help me, and other peoples who thinks we have a clue about tactics but really doesnt.

The major things that I think will make FM interesting is;
Making my own training schedule, which I fully understand.
Making my own tactic, to me only, that suits my players which I fully understand how to develop and tweak.

Those two categories is probably huge, and I know there's some guides and information about this already but I also want to know your own personal experiences making your own tactic or training schedule etc.

The joy must be double, at least, if you've made things yourself.

Cheers, and I hope this is somehow useful. My two cents anyway.

its all about having patience, for things to go wrong while you work out the flaws, if you keep restarting you will never work out why an aspect of your tactic is failing

Well, im the same as you, especially with the training. I always use LJ's training now, and I looked on Max's tactical advice and that helped me a lot. But im just struggling on finding a team to be now, I cant decide :S. lol

i would recommend downloading the TT and F guide. i struggled just as much not long ago, but it really helps. it can be found on this site, search for it in the search bar.

Mate you got to have patience sure your tactic may not work sometimes but its you who have to fix it and keep tweaking it......I suggest you read through Tactical Theorems as their is really no short-cut to your questions