Tactics are in the head, the club is in the heart, Everton FC

JoshSheppard

Reaction score
DAVID MOYES SACKED
After receiving an award for being in charge of the blues for ten years, his reign is now over, Coral and Ladbrokes are slapping on the money for the next manager in charge with the odds at

Roy Keane 3/1
Josh Sheppard 6/1
Jose Mourinho 12/1
Pat Rice 12/1
Steve Bruce 7/1

With the bookmakers favourite being Roy Keane, is he the right man? or will youth coach Josh Sheppard be the right man for the job, we will find out in just 3 days time..

Everton FC have today revealed new manager Josh Sheppard as their caretaker manager, to see what he can bring to the team. A little bit about myself..

I've been working with the youth squad for 4 years now and have seen a lot of talent here move on to bigger and better things, also as the chairman knows I know my way around the squad and have formed great relationships with a lot of the players. I'm a kind of manager who likes to be involved in everything the club has to offer, and I hope the chairman trusts me enough with the job to offer me full time. My best relationships are with Phil Neville, Tim Howard and Jose Baxter. I will be uploading screen shots of all my games, my transfers and the big news story's, thanks for following, any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Intresting start. Why was David sacked? Players reaction to this? Chairman's views on what he wants from the new manager, or caretaker in your case for now. Looking forward to reading more.

The chairman had a very interesting pree conferance and told the media everything. " Moyes and me had a big fall out, as I don't have the funds to provide him with a good enough transfer budget" Moyes replied with " I'm not enjoying myself here any more, I have to leave, it's my time, I want to thank the fans for everything they've done for the side, home and away, the support and atmosphere has spurred the side on". As you can tell the players morale, went down and a few were undecided if they wanted to stay with Everton without the man who taught them everything.

When the chairman announced Josh Sheppard as new manager, he told him exactly what he wanted from Everton, Josh replied by saying " I'm a massive Everton fan, and I'll be doing all I can to get this side back into the continental competitions".

My first decision was to watch the players in training and to see if I needed any new signings and if anyone needs to leave, speaking to my assistant, I told him I was very happy with the set up here and want to keep everything the same, maybe tweak a few tactics here and there, but I want a 4-5-1, with attacking wingers.

First up was pre-season and I wanted to be involved, to see what the team could produce.

I won't be uploading screen shots for my friendly's but I will for the league fixtures.
Pre Season

Everton 3-1 Everton Reserves, Barkley, Rodwell, Pienaar
Preston 2-1 Everton, Pienaar
St Johnstone 0-1 Everton, Jelavic
Everton 0-1 Ajax
Everton 2-1 AS Nancy Lorraine, Drenthe (2)
Albion Rovers 0-0 Everton
Mansfield 1-4 Everton, Junior, Gibson, Stracqualursi, Osman
Everton 2-1 Athletico Madrid, Stracqualursi (2)

I was happy with the pre season games, apart from the Preston game, where we were very poor, but as you can see, beating Athletico Madrid 2-1 was a huge result for us, and boosted a lot of players morale,

Next update will be my first month in charge in the premier league, hope you're having a good read.

View attachment 230802First game coming up at home to QPR, as you can see we dominated the game, but just couldn't score, every time we shot, it just wouldn't go in, at least we kept a clean sheet. View attachment 230803Aldershot away in the cup, there's not much to say, should have won by more, but I'm very happy with my side, into the next round, where we got villa away, that could be tough. View attachment 230801This result is massive for the sides confidence, young Jose Baxter came on at half time, and showed why the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal are after him, very happy.Great month for Everton, very pleasing, and the chairman will hopefully offer me the full time job now, great month, onwards and upwards.

don't have a clue what happened there, didn't go in right for some reason, the scores were QPR 0-0 Everton, Aldershot 0-2 Everton (cc) and Blackburn 0-5 Everton, clean sheet for the first month, Nice!

With August starting well for my Everton side, I was hoping this unbeaten run could carry on throughout September.

View attachment 230850

I was expecting a nice win for the Everton against Wigan and they duly delivered. I was very happy with this result and it couldn't of been much better, unless I kept a clean sheet of course.

View attachment 230852
Next came my Carling cup game away at Aston Villa, never thought success in this competition was on this year, so I may as well keep concentrating on the league,

View attachment 230851
With Man City away next, I never thought I'd get a result out of this, so when Tim Cahill scored in the 85th minute I was delighted at having a draw

Next up is the Merseyside derby, with Chelsea coming after that, so I'm going to have to fight right to the end.

Next Update coming soon

Looking good, shame the screen shots don't seem to be working right. Maybe adding the results under the screen shots will help as can't really see without working hard. Good draw with Man City though.

Looking good, shame the screen shots don't seem to be working right. Maybe adding the results under the screen shots will help as can't really see without working hard. Good draw with Man City though.

Sorry about the screenshots, from now on I'll write the score underneath, anything good or bad about the story so far? anything I need to add?

Maybe a bit from you to tell us who's your player of the month that's just my idea but looking forward to this mate good luck:) also how is jelavic doing for you?

Maybe a bit from you to tell us who's your player of the month that's just my idea but looking forward to this mate good luck:) also how is jelavic doing for you?

I'm currently playing a 4-5-1, with Donovan up top, I've given Jelavic a few chances and he hasn't performed,

Next update tomorrow at some point, It's a good one :)