cps100

Reaction score
Hi, apologises if this should go in the Tactics section, but as the title says - Can your tactics go stale?

I've been using the same tactic for 3 seasons and it's been really successful. But mid-way through my 4th season, the league is a lot closer. I know i shouldn't complain about a bit more competition and it could be due to a number of things but does can the AI work out how to combat your tactic?

Thanks for any comments! :D

I think that would happen, in real life, managers will try to counter an opponent's tactic instead of setup their own style in a game they're expected to lose....but I wouldn't know for sure, I usually change tactics after 2/3 seasons at a club.

Yes they go, and IMO, for 3 reasons:

1st - your team is favourite and the other teams will be more concerned in defending, dropping the d-line, getting more aggressive, etc.

2nd - they will try to exploit the areas that show on the reports that you most concede. For me is the wings and i only play with one WB in each flank. They will also see if its from corners or crosses and t-passes.

3rd - you tend to slack a little bit with that reserve team, don't you? :D

I try to change tactics between 2 that i use, one being rigid and overload and the other very fluid and attacking. IMO the AI can't change that much in one game and i can take more benefits

You get scouting reports on your upcoming opposition and can use the Past Meetings listings to work out how to overcome particular opponents. You should assume that, somewhere in the deepest calculations of this computer game, your virtual managerial counterparts are compiling and analysing the same sort of data about your team.

Modifying your tactics and signing new players with specific attributes that bring something different to your squad are what makes the game interesting beyond the point where you have won the League and conquered Europe.