Natty1081

Reaction score
Firstly, Good Morning and thanks in advance for any help :)

I've looked in the Tactics section, and there seems to be a lot of brilliant in depth advice and tactics (Goals Galore, Might & Magic etc) but these focus on having a set type of player, with certain skill types.

If possible I want to pick a low level english team (League 2 or lower) and try the whole working my way up to the Premier League.

Is there a set tactic, or instruction type that suits smaller less skilled teams?

I'm not expecting to have something that has me winning 10-0 every game, or beating the top European Teams, but just something that will help me score a few goals and climb the leagues.

Thanks,

Sean.

Update: About 12 games into my league, playing as Crawley and its been a bit of a disaster!

Started off by winning 3 in a row, then drew 3, since then its been a mix of draws and losses, with a win now and then so sitting mid table.

Don't think I've got the players to be able to use any of the tactics people have made as they rely alot on already having a good skill level in the players.

Might just restart as a better team and focus on enjoying the game as its is.

Thanks for the previous help though.

I have just started a game of with Hartlepool (granted 1 legue higher)

I was struggling at the begining, and was lying toward the bottom of the table with Hartlepool, trying 4-4-2, 4-5-1 etc

I decided to try and play 4-1-2-1-2. (control, everything else default)

The results started rolling in, and have played 11 League games since, winning 9, drawing 2 (against 1st and 4th). scoring 26 and conceding 5. and now lie in 2nd at Christmas.

2 Full backs on Auto, 2 bog standard centre backs, 1 deep lying play maker (defend), 1 Box to Box, 1 ball Winning (support), 1 Advanced playmaker (attack) and a deep Lying and Poacher Attackers (both Attackers)

I think the the back four is the same irrespective of what team and league you pick, just your best 4 for the positions, no fancy wingbacks etc.

click on player roles to highlight the important stats for each player.

The Box to Box and Ball winner should be there at most teams already, hard working, all round midfielders, 1 slightly more defense orientated (tackling etc).

The Key player in this is the quality of your Deeplying playmaker.

I did not really muck around with indivual player settings, or team settings. I signed around 5 players costing around £20k in total (mostly freebies) and got another 3 in on Loan.

I personally think if you can win the battle in the middle of the pitch it is a great starting point, and this tactic seems to give you that.