Reaction score
Okay so I know Rangers aren't great defensively or offensively in real life at the moment but at least they are winning games. My tactics seem to be quite similar as I dominate possession create a tonne of chances but don't score enough goals. My team also give the opposition very few chances but the chances the opposition do get they are deadly with and I find myself drawing a lot or losing. A big issue defensively is we let the opponent through far too often on one on ones due to the CB's being so slow. Looking for some advice to continue with my 4-3-3 (wide) but concede less, score more & continue to dominate the ball.

resign from rangers! lol I gave up with my save as it was frustrating the life out of me haha. Only thing I can suggest doing is maybe setting your crosses to whipped & far post & also making up set pieces and pile bodies into the box with someone with long shots lurking. and defensively have everyone in the box with pacey players hanging outside to hit on the counter.

I'm close to giving up just cannot seem to get it right, the amount of times I've restarted is unbelievable:'(

first season is always going to be horrible, you need to grin and bear the tough times and get through a season or 2 before you will see progress.

yea might be best way to go about it, maybe I can offload some players end of season and will have better luck with a stronger team the second season

Hi,
So I got was employed by Rangers after Warbarton was sacked after a disastrous first season, I tried playing a 2-4-3-1 DM,formation with two of my wingers on Attack duty (worked quite well of course because I managed to sign Stansislas on a free from Bournemouth, he has a great workrate on the flanks and didn't have much of budget.)
I suggest that you try the 4-2-3-1 DM with a striker pacier than Martyn Waghorn, also had success with switching to a 4-2-4 in games where chances where conversion rates were lower. I don't have money to replace Waghorn and Dodoo is **** in any game apart from the League Cup against Lower League opposition. I think Rangers also lack creativity in the middle which if addressed can increase your goal tally.
I felt the exact same thing about too many chances in my save, but seeing us sitting second 4 points off Celtic (due to a couple of disastrous decisions by me to try a 4-4-2 for a match when the 4-2-3-1 DM and 4-5-1 Wide were working just fine) I feel the balance of the side is fine, as long as you win! :)

I tried to play with 3 at the back with Wallace and tav as complete full backs. rossitier sitting and I signed mcginn as a bbm. I plan on selling him for about 10m at end of first season as he's been phenomenal and clubs are showing interest from the prem. then McKay and wide right and forrester wide left as an IF. Garner has scored goals for fun and has put dembele to shame, if only he done it in real life eh! Sitting level with Celtic half way through first season.