Chrissy Ross

Reaction score
I'm going to very soon start posting historical tactics from the ages and try and make them functional in FM20 as best as can be using the modern day teams, without compromising their ethos. I'll be using Jonathan Wilson's excellent 'Inverting the Pyramid' as a source text for this initially but what I'm wanting to know is will there be interest in this, or am I gonna create youtube videos and streams and tactics that everyone will be like "bore off" or more importantly has it been done before for FM20?

Any and all feedback massively appreciated.

I hope you find a exploit like you have in past FM's

Oh that'll take a matter of weeks. However for these tactics it's about recreating history. The "scumbag win at all costs" tactic is one i'm working on as of today. Literally just downloaded the game last night but it's a fairly academic approach I adopt to breaking down this M.E. and even looking at the tactic testing leagues I can see some interesting stats.

Expect something very soon on both fronts.

I'll be on
most days working on a new DYJ for FM20 as of tomorrow. I appreciate people just want to win sometimes. Appreciate the support.

I have deivsed a traditional flat 4-4-2 that is immense, currently winning the Prem at te halfway point with Bournemouth with no transfers. Will be testing more today until the season is finished but needless to say, I am exceptionally happy.

Oh and this is without any exploits, just a ****** good tactic. Expect a new post entitled Do Your Joy FM20 to be released tonight.

Have you found any exploits this year mate?

I don't know about exploits but if in two days I can build a 442 that can win the Prem with Bournemouth as my tactic testing is showing, then do we need them?

My aim is getting the tactic right first. Fine tuning with Bournemouth. Once iv'e got a full season tested without set piece optimisation, i'll create one with set piece scummery. I'll have it uploaded in the next day or so. Literally just need to fine tune little things that can't be rushed. So far the goals are coming from everywhere, in midfield and attack. Which is exceptionally promising. I mean i'm ******* Bournemouth, I shouldn't be winning this at a canter.

I have a wee checklist of all the things to check in a match engine and so far this one is holding up as not being broke. Midfielders arriving central for long shot cutback and cross goals seems to be a thing iv'e not noticed before but not to the extent it's standing out massively. Iv'e had a look at the tactic testing league and decided to create my own one first, before seeing what other things other creators have uncovered. That way I can adapt it into this if need be, or just get some more marginal gains. Right now defensively i'm happy, attacking wise i'm happy. Just not getting many goals from set pieces as previously but that will change.

I don't know about exploits but if in two days I can build a 442 that can win the Prem with Bournemouth as my tactic testing is showing, then do we need them?

My aim is getting the tactic right first. Fine tuning with Bournemouth. Once iv'e got a full season tested without set piece optimisation, i'll create one with set piece scummery. I'll have it uploaded in the next day or so. Literally just need to fine tune little things that can't be rushed. So far the goals are coming from everywhere, in midfield and attack. Which is exceptionally promising. I mean i'm ******* Bournemouth, I shouldn't be winning this at a canter.

I have a wee checklist of all the things to check in a match engine and so far this one is holding up as not being broke. Midfielders arriving central for long shot cutback and cross goals seems to be a thing iv'e not noticed before but not to the extent it's standing out massively. Iv'e had a look at the tactic testing league and decided to create my own one first, before seeing what other things other creators have uncovered. That way I can adapt it into this if need be, or just get some more marginal gains. Right now defensively i'm happy, attacking wise i'm happy. Just not getting many goals from set pieces as previously but that will change.

This sounds very promising, Looking forward to seeing this tactic

It hit a snag final round of testing. Need to sort on issue with AMC's attacking against it. Once iv'e got that sorted (in next 24 hrs) i'll release it. Apologies for the delay/

As it stands, iv'e got the set pieces sorted (oh yes, I have corners and freekicks that score lots of goals), the tactic ready that works great and i'm just getting a season completed with Bournemouth today with it so I know it is the dogs bollocks. I'm very happy with this. Flat 442.

When I release this, that will hopefully be it. No need for constant updates or 5/6 versions. It'll be good to go. Hence taking a few days on it. This is by far the quickest iv'e released or sussed anything out but my own testing can't be rushed. Have to do the full season do make sure it's up to scratch. That involves watching all the games, see what marginal gains can be made in changing certain things and looking at how we are scoring/conceding goals and how to recreate and deny these situations.

Last edited:
Does anyone no how to take the -12 points from Bolton in editor please

Just over the halfway point - 1st season, no transfers and top of the league with Bournemouth. I'll upload the tactic and the exstensive supporting article later tonight hopefully. Goals are coming from across the team with no exploits but set pieces are working.

Halfway point 1st.png

Ok lads and ladettes, won the first season with Bournemouth testing this Tactic. Enjoy - all info and video in the link below.