penza

Reaction score
hey all,
just wanted to know in FM16 do you tweak your tactic on a game-by-game basis or do you just plug-and-play home and away tactic or just one tactic?
Finally, what tactics do you use?
Thanks

I use 1 tactic. My own. Will change subtle things if I see it is needed in a match.

I train the team on three sets of tactics - currently 4-3-3, 4-5-1 Asymmetric and 4-4-2. Generally, I will stick to one tactic for as long as it's successful but certain opponents require an alternative approach and sometimes I switch tactics during a match if I want to get two upfront or if my on-coming substitute suits the other system better. Sometimes I make subtle changes, like changing the BWM to a DM because it suits the sub or moving my left winger to the right to play as an Inside Forward, without adjusting the rest of the team's set-up.

I find when you tweak your tactic on a game-by-game basis you make it only worse so I stick with one tactic.

I find when you tweak your tactic on a game-by-game basis you make it only worse so I stick with one tactic.

That is true but if your team is well trained on the overall tactic and the individual player(s) that you tweak is/are moving to their best positions, roles and duties the difference is minimal and can provide the answer you're looking for. But I temper that by saying that I watch the matches in the Comprehensive mode, so I pick up on small details - like, for example, how well my overlapping full back and my Inside Forward are combining, who is getting on the end of crosses and where are they in relation to the goal and how the opponents respond to my changes.