Napolitano

Reaction score
just before I bought this game to stim, and playing with Napoli, using 4-3-3 with 3 strikers ahead, one attacker Advanced forwarder and the other 2 are DLF to support, but when I defend they are not coming back, even when are furnished in Defensive forward, if anyone else has this problem?

How far do you need them to come back? What mentality? You have to keep in mind that they are strikers still.

I want to go all back,like a Fm 2015 and other fm,i played FM since 2003 and this thing not happen,all 3 stricker stay on centre ,i keep him in F9,CF support,always same. Mentaliti attack,

Last edited:
Attack mentality and the fact that they ARE strikers will mean that they won't drop back that much.

I try Mentality Defend,all the same . I don't know whats happend,are you have the same thing ??

How deep do you need them to drop??
Keep in mind that the formation you set on FM is the defensive shape.

How far are you expecting the striker to track back? Even as a Defensive Forward, they are still forwards and aren't going to pull back into midfield and become another MC. And as WJ says, having an Attack mentality as a team means the overriding instructions for them are to go for it.

I guess if you want them hassling the opposition midfielders, you could set them to have specific marking.

To the box,all 3 forward dont go back,dont defend ,stay up with the 2 opposittion centre backs,when i defend my stikers stay togehter on center,do you understand me ? My english is bad :)

Mhm,ok. But in FM 2015 my attacker on support duty is go back.

To the box,all 3 forward dont go back,dont defend ,stay up with the 2 opposittion centre backs,when i defend my stikers stay togehter on center,do you understand me ? My english is bad :)
As said before... strikers will not drop that deep and it is completely unrealistic to expect that - especially on an Attack mentality. I don't even think your defenders drop that deep. :D

Specific man marking is a good idea or otherwise drop them one strata lower.

I don't know how you got them to compress that far back on previous versions with an Attacking team mentality because the ME hasn't changed that much. But it won't work on 16. You might get that on a Defensive mentality.

The role of Defensive Forward means they work hard and hassle the defender and maybe the DM (if the opponent has one). They aren't going to become defenders in a normal open defensive phase.