ST

LW - CM - CM - RW

DM

LB - CB - CB - RB

GK

RED: attacking duty; GREEN: supporting duty; BLUE: defending duty

DEFENSE:
  • Team settings: slightly deep defensive line + slightly narrow width
  • CBs & fullbacks are set to slightly defensive mentality (not too defensive) and only little-to-moderate pressing to cover their own areas
  • DM is set to moderate level of pressing as i want him to cover mainly areas in front of the defenders and to cover defender who is out of position
  • Full backs are set to supporting role to allow them to cross ball in when chances arised
ATTACK:
  • the left & right midfielders are set to play as supporting wingers to provide crosses in without too much dribbling
  • the CMs are set to attacking duty
  • my idea is to set the mentality of the CMs and wingers to be slightly higher than the lone forward and allow the forward to play less direct passing:
- so when the forward is having the ball, the wingers and the CMs will run forward to give the lone forward some passing options
- besides, the CMs and the wingers, by doing so, are actually also acts as 2nd strikers
  • the forward is set to a poacher role
  • all the wingers and CMs are set to have forward run sometimes
  • another idea is to have one of the CMs to roam and allowed much creative freedom (all other players are set not to roam with little creative freedom)

Sounds like a stabel framework. I take it that you use the Wizard and change the strategy and use the shouts, all depending on the circumstances and what you see on the pitch. If not, what kind of philosophy and stragety do you find this to be best employed within ?

Sounds good.That would be a good idea!

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Sounds  good.That would be a good idea!
43.gif

I use standard & balanced, but i did alter the mentality, passing & pressing of individual player. Not to say it works very well, but to me it is quite effective. I also tried using wide midfielder with attack duty instead of winger, and set one of the CM as advanced playmaker to support (feel this works very well with player who is very good in passing).

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Sounds like a stabel framework. I take it that you use the Wizard and change the strategy and use the shouts, all depending on the circumstances and what you see on the pitch. If not, what kind of philosophy and stragety do you find this to be best employed within ?

I use standard & balanced, but i did alter the mentality, passing & pressing of individual player. Not to say it works very well, but to me it is quite effective. I also tried using wide midfielder with attack duty instead of winger, and set one of the CM as advanced playmaker to support (feel this works very well with player who is very good in passing).