Pinadiku

Reaction score
i am tired of seeing tactics that are "amazing"! "unbeatable"! bla bla bla...

... and then you look at the threat and... tara!!!

The tactis is made with Barcelona, Madrid, Man.U, .......

Come one! with those teams it doesnt matter what tactic you will use!! you will win everything!!!

This section of tactics, a rule should be that the team post with the tactic should be a low-mid finish for the league, and after a WHOLE league (not 5 games) you have been done great and it's because of the tactic.

@ajt09, i don't think he's looking for a tactic for his team, he's merely ranting ? :)

@ajt09, i don't think he's looking for a tactic for his team, he's merely ranting ? :)

Yeah it looks like it. Looks like wasted my time with that. Pointless posting a thread for a quick rant. Oh well

Sorry but that is rubbish, tactics arent specifically one size fits all. Some sides cannot play a certain style becuase they lack certain players etc, some people struggle withe certain sides, so a tactic built for a certain side will be useful for them. Equally just because a tactic is built with a big team does not mean it wont work with smaller sides

We will not be introducing any rule like that.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85885-brobs17-fm12-flawless-tactic-12-1-a.html

he had very good results in the league with stoke, i have also found this one and might and magic to be good.

Well the one I posted up works with AFC Wimbledon amongst other small teams. I haven't used it myself as I use my own, but if it's posted by Raikan, well he wouldn't say it worked on smaller teams without thorough testing. He's done some great work and put a lot of time and effort into it.

Last edited:
Well im currently developing my first 2 tactics with FC Parma.(predicted 12th, finished 4th)
Both an attacking and defending tactic for preferences.
I Usually test with a big team and also a smaller team.
Attacking tactic will be ready over the weekend and defending mid way through next week.

But I get the idea of this rant. Too many people who create tactics test poorly or only with big teams. However there are exceptions

A lot of TBH's tactics are for weaker teams, and anything made by Mr Hough will be good for smaller clubs. CBA to link though as it's almost 2AM. :)

I don't download tactics that often though, so, yeah.

I actually, never use tactics from people in here, always develop my own that fits my team at that moment, my players. But with the post i meant that i love to check how people develops its own tactics and do amazing, but i get disapointed when i see on tittle "unbeatable tactic" and then it's chealsea team that uses it... What i do download, trainings, never seem to know how to make it work myself.....

I actually, never use tactics from people in here, always develop my own that fits my team at that moment, my players. But with the post i meant that i love to check how people develops its own tactics and do amazing, but i get disapointed when i see on tittle "unbeatable tactic" and then it's chealsea team that uses it... What i do download, trainings, never seem to know how to make it work myself.....

Hey mate :) I do get what you are saying, I mean people making tactics just with Utd, Barca (especially) and Real etc and not losing a game or very few etc... it is very one sided and does not do the tactic justice, if you upload tactics here like a lot of people do, they should have tested it with several types of teams if they do believe it is "unbeatable" I would like you to link these tactics you are complaining about...

But this is a forum and its free for anyone to post whatever they feel like :) whether they think they have the best tactic in the world after winning five on the trot with Utd or Chelsea or whether it has been tested to the utmost to ensure that it does work for not just the top teams :)

I do agree with you and think that posting a tactic just using Barca etc is a bit pointless but its their prerogative....starting a thread complaining about it is not going to stop it :) so just ignore it and carry on :) cheers, Neil

I've been developing one for 3 seasons with Sporting CP atm and so far in my third season, I'm unbeaten in the league after 14 games (Beat FCP 5 - 3 and SLB 3 - 0), won every cup game by at least 4 goals and only lost 1 game in the CL group stages and that was against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, I drew the other Vs them 2 - 2, after being 2 - 1 up at 80 minutes (Inevitable they would ****** score XD). I think after this season I'll let other people test it. I know, Sporting are a pretty good team in the league that they play, but to finish second in a CL group to Barcelona and finish with 17 goals for is pretty good. Got Athletic in the 1st knockout and I'm confident I'll walk all over them as they're struggling in the BBVA, sitting 14th XD.

i agree with the author on this one... in my opinion for teams like man u, barca , real etc, u don't need a very good tactic to get succes... i'm not saying that it should a strict rule for tactics to be created especially for lower mid table teams... instead i think authors or creators should put in the OP at least 2 test results with smaller teams...i saw that raikan did that. he should be an example to others...
just my opinion

I think you have to remember if you get a tactic to work with one team it works because of many factors.
- that it suits the player types in your team
- that you have the right pitch dimensions
- that you get your teamtalks right.
etc.........

I've tried many downloaded tactics in FM 12 and they have not worked for me, but I think it's down to which team you have. The author shouldn't be laughed if he can't do his own tactics, not everybody can. What you need to look at is which team the tactic was tested with and if your team is there then it will work. If it doesn't then it's your man management that's not working.

i am tired of seeing tactics that are "amazing"! "unbeatable"! bla bla bla...

... and then you look at the threat and... tara!!!

The tactis is made with Barcelona, Madrid, Man.U, .......

Come one! with those teams it doesnt matter what tactic you will use!! you will win everything!!!

This section of tactics, a rule should be that the team post with the tactic should be a low-mid finish for the league, and after a WHOLE league (not 5 games) you have been done great and it's because of the tactic.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of functional tactics for lesser teams. I'd be very interested to see how other people set out their teams to play, when playing with teams that aren't expected to win most matches. I think it's fair to say, that those are more interesting and challenging to work with.

I think you have to remember if you get a tactic to work with one team it works because of many factors.
- that it suits the player types in your team
- that you have the right pitch dimensions
- that you get your teamtalks right.
etc.........

I've tried many downloaded tactics in FM 12 and they have not worked for me, but I think it's down to which team you have. The author shouldn't be laughed if he can't do his own tactics, not everybody can. What you need to look at is which team the tactic was tested with and if your team is there then it will work. If it doesn't then it's your man management that's not working.
i agree with what u said but when a new tactic appears and it's author puts results with top notch teams it won't necessarily work with similar type low/mid teams. that's why i think that in the OP should be results with smaller teams.

Last edited: