lukejamiefox

Reaction score
just finished my second season with walsall, not doing too bad at all, managed to keep them up first season finishing 16th and second season lost in the play offs. anyway third season was just about ton start and about 3/4 of my key players loans were due to end, so i look into improving my squad for a title push.

just before the transfer window opens i get a message saying we are undergoing a take over bid and a transfer embargo has been placed on the club and the take over will be completed shortly, and the new owner was to wipe out existing debt and back me me with big transfer money. great i thought.

but these talks seem to be endless and literally 2 days after the transfer window shut i get a message that the deal fell through. i was not able to bring in any players and it will really affect my league position. i know the game didnt do it purposly to screw me over but it sure did feel like it.

anyone else had a similar thing happen, most frustating thing EVER to happen to me on FM.

Nope that's just unfortunate. Good luck, sounds like you're gonna need it.

all the takeover bids take time and many fall through, just part and parcel of the game IRL. And if you're with Walsall the Free Transfer and Loan windows should still be open mate so you'll be able to save money on full transfers.

I am at the start of the 3rd season on my Newcastle save and Mike Ashley is looking to sell the club to a Scottish tycoon who plans to give £220m as a transfer budget, fingers crossed it goes through :)

I am at the start of the 3rd season on my Newcastle save and Mike Ashley is looking to sell the club to a Scottish tycoon who plans to give £220m as a transfer budget, fingers crossed it goes through :)
I got taken over as Newcastle in my third season also, but by a consortium of businessmen, won the league in my third season so that helped, got about 26 million to spend in the summer, but also sold a few players to bring in better talent, wish i got taken over by someone willing to pump £220MIL into the club!

I got taken over as Newcastle in my third season also, but by a consortium of businessmen, won the league in my third season so that helped, got about 26 million to spend in the summer, but also sold a few players to bring in better talent, wish i got taken over by someone willing to pump £220MIL into the club!

Knowing my luck the deal will fall through!