Take Two - Obscurity's North American Journeyman

Obscurity

Reaction score
Take Two

Well, the last attempt failed because I trusted random files on the internet whereas now, the only league I haven't made is the USA add-on and the Caribbean Club Championship, so if anything goes wrong now it will most likely be my fault, I've holidayed a bit and all the fixtures work fine so that is a major, obvious plus as well.

Now to familiarize ourselves with North America, and not just with the USA/Mexico (thanks to Google Maps)

n42IfV9.png

L6KSt4h.png

barMKlw.png

There's the powerhouses of USA and Mexico followed by the bigger islands like Jamaica as well as tiny Caribbean states looking to not get demolished, I guess the next thing should be my database:

eiFwg1z.png

Vig65aO.png

3wlJ3UQ.png

RVimGM6.png

I've loaded every North American nation I could as well as the CFU Club Championship add-on, I have USA down to the Fourth Tier as well as Mexico down to the Third Division (5th tier)

BV46Uuy.png

I start as an unemployed ex-Sunday League Bermudan, Reggie Coddington and my aim? Take over North America. Simple.

NiagaraUnited.png

Niagara United!

50Og8c4.png

14346.jpg

Niagara United is a Canadian professional soccer team founded in 2010, playing in the Canadian Soccer League (CSL), the third tier of soccer in Canada, in 2011. The team plays its home games out of Kalar Sports Park in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

The team is owned by and coached by James McGillivray and serves as the top pro club for the larger Niagara United Soccer Club youth soccer organization. Niagara United played in the Second Division West, considered the reserve division of the CSL, but moved to the First Division for the 2012 season onwords. The also have a team playing in the CSL Second Division.

Niagara United debuted in the Canadian Soccer League on May 14, 2011, drawing their first away game against the York Region Shooters B team 2-2. The team would play their first home game at Kalar Sports Park against Toronto FC Academy on May 21, 2011.

Niagara United would host notable international competition with a friendly match against English Northern Football League side Bedlington Terriers FC on June 28, 2011, losing 4-1.

jodYpPN.png

pIPN6VC.png

DzrwqdU.png

Key Players:

CNS1WVH.png

UqiCQMC.png

nHnS8BO.png

7oBkVPQ.png

The League:

eUrEGVK.png

Yay, he's back. Good luck mate. As with attempt 1, I'll be following. (H)

good start!
...but look at those wages, even a 15-year old youth player in England is paid more than that!

August & September 2013

QIqjrKD.png

JKlnKcd.png

A mixed beginning, I'm trying to make a defensive tactic at the moment after that 5-0 loss, although it isn't really working so far.

Hope you get a tactic that works mate, keep up the story though, I'm confident you can turn it round. :D

How do you get your pictures like you have in your story? Cheers

Hope you get a tactic that works mate, keep up the story though, I'm confident you can turn it round. :D

How do you get your pictures like you have in your story? Cheers

I hope I make a good tactic, I usually rely on using downloaded tactics and I didn't want to do that this time round, and I take the screenshot with FM then upload it to imgur.com and edit it and then copy the link over to here :)

I hope I make a good tactic, I usually rely on using downloaded tactics and I didn't want to do that this time round, and I take the screenshot with FM then upload it to imgur.com and edit it and then copy the link over to here :)

Im one who always makes my own tactics and touch wood have been pretty good so far, I hope you get it right! Can be very frustrating at times.

Ok thanks mate, will try that. Decided to re-start my story, as felt I had too many popular leagues loaded and feel with some more variety I can get more enjoyment, though I was enjoying the save very much, by loading up different leagues that people haven't played as much, I can create a better story in the long term. :D

Im one who always makes my own tactics and touch wood have been pretty good so far, I hope you get it right! Can be very frustrating at times.

Ok thanks mate, will try that. Decided to re-start my story, as felt I had too many popular leagues loaded and feel with some more variety I can get more enjoyment, though I was enjoying the save very much, by loading up different leagues that people haven't played as much, I can create a better story in the long term. :D

It's still very frustrating haha, best of luck with your new story, and in terms of leagues no-one loads, load Israel :D

Cheers mate, Israel is one of the leagues I'm contemplating. I'm not one for loading additional leagues etc, as I've experienced problems before so am sticking to the original database.

Haha, though I've decided to stop my story, it's given me the chance to tweak my formations so I'm confident I all sorted!

October & November 2013

Rd5QxaT.png

cNb6Xy6.png

Well, not much better as we only won one game from 5, I guess a plus is that the last game we didn't concede anything, I'll give it another month before I try making any changes.

Cheers mate, Israel is one of the leagues I'm contemplating. I'm not one for loading additional leagues etc, as I've experienced problems before so am sticking to the original database.

Haha, though I've decided to stop my story, it's given me the chance to tweak my formations so I'm confident I all sorted!

If you're not using additional leagues then I'd suggest Israel as well as Switzerland and the Eastern European nations, like Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Czech Republic as I haven't seen them around very often and if you're going to other continents then might I also suggest India ;)

If you're not using additional leagues then I'd suggest Israel as well as Switzerland and the Eastern European nations, like Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Czech Republic as I haven't seen them around very often and if you're going to other continents then might I also suggest India ;)

Thanks for the tips mate. Israel and Belarus are already in, plus Russia,Turkey and Belgium. Have got England, Germany and Spain loaded too as I like having the top 3 leagues in Europe loaded as a challenge for me to get a job in the top leagues or if an interesting offer comes up. :)

Last edited:
December & January 2013/14

oSg1sAJ.png

PBNnbQL.png

Finding a bit more consistency as we had 3 0-0 draws in a row, still a bit disappointed that we've conceded 2 goals in each of the last 3 games though.

Looks like a good challenge to take on. Sadly, I haven't got the patience to do this myself, but oh well. Will be following :)

I found that when I was doing my formations I was conceding goals too much, but once your players become a custom to it, your defence should be more stable. Keep it going mate. :)

Looks like a good challenge to take on. Sadly, I haven't got the patience to do this myself, but oh well. Will be following :)

Thanks EndlessTimeZone :)

I found that when I was doing my formations I was conceding goals too much, but once your players become a custom to it, your defence should be more stable. Keep it going mate. :)

Thanks Streaky, I've already decided that I'll be leaving the club at the end of the season, almost all of the squad are out of contract and won't sign a new one and I don't really fancy rebuilding the squad from scratch.

February & March 2014

e4w33Kg.png

iHMHJpY.png

Not much to be honest, but apparently the lad has potential.

dq1QcPZ.png

2CovDEj.png

Another disappointing couple of months with only the one victory, but with me already declining a contract I'll be hoping ot leave in the summer and maybe move to a place that's a bit more...warmer?

End of Season 2013/14

BlUCpAf.png

AIGertS.png

The season ended unspectacularly (if that's a word) as we were inconsistent still, one plus side I can take is that we were the hot relegation favourites and I managed to lead them away from relegation, but I'm still leaving.

Squad:

8zuxFCD.png

Key Players:

Rbd30z7.png

NJIHcDL.png

And confirmation:

bP9CgS0.png