Reaction score
Is there any way that you can make takeovers happen more in your game?
Is so, please tell me:D

it would be interesting to see if there is a way, I guess they may be a way on FMTRE but I never used it, so I dont know!

yes, i've been with huddersfield for 8 seasons now, and i had the same chairman for so long. He always pays off my debt but i would loved to see a change, and i saw very easily. with fmrte i edited his stats and made them all poor except the patience and ambition which i made 20, i also made him 90years old and within a week the club was in a takeover. I ended up with another chairman worse than the one i had lol but you can keep trying till something good comes up. also there is a file you can edit inside the football manager folder which helps you choose which takeovers you want for a country, example you can make england's clubs only receive a tycoon takeover which will be very boring. even with the fmtre thing i did, a tycoon takeover will be difficult

You could FMRTE a massive debt and make the chairperson hate the club?

there's a way to edit one of the xml files or something like that to make sure you get a sugar daddy or whatever kind you want to take over..but if you mean that you want a specific person to take over..i dunno if that is possible

Adjust your transfer budget and submit a high offer to sign impossibly expensive players, then when offering them a contract, adjust your wage/transfer budget once more to allow them impossibly high wages. Or offer your existing key players huge wage contracts with high signing on fees. Do this enough times and you'll be leaking funds like a ****, ending the season way in the red. This'll bring your chairman to ruin and make him want to relinquish control of the club.
I did it to my chairman in my Dinamo save when he refused a request of mine. It took two seasons, but I got what I wanted. The chairman out and youth facilities (of all things) improved.
But that's only how to force a chairman swap - can you influence who will take over your club? No. You can write an EDT file before starting a new game, but it's not to bring in a chairman of your choice, just to make your existing chairman one of three sugardaddy varieties.

Last edited:
there's a way to edit one of the xml files or something like that to make sure you get a sugar daddy or whatever kind you want to take over..but if you mean that you want a specific person to take over..i dunno if that is possible

Can some1 elaborate on this, instead of just mentioning it?