Takeovers - The truth.

What are your dealings with consortium takeovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got taken over 4 Days into my Spartans save, the new owner who is a tight **** but has managed to put the club in danger but at least i kept my job :D

I believe Sports Interactive have thought about it and programmed the game so that you will have to do very poorly to get sacked when the clubs being taken over. Think about it, how long would you play FM if you would get sacked after half a season on every other save.

Well I kept my job :D
He isn't rich but he will provide the club with the financial stability that it so sorely needs. Time to concentrate on football.

Note: He kept me because he was suprised at the support for my management at the club. :D

Good to see you didn't get the sack after all.

I was West Ham 1st season in fm10 first bid failed then another guy came in and took over and he gave me 67 mil for my budget 2nd season he spends like mad got new facilities and a new stadium in 2 years :D

Same in my West Ham save. Had a failed internal takeover and in Feb 10 a Italian tycoon took over spend £15m on training facilities and gave me £89m war chest for the 10/11 season. in November he gave me and extra £40m to spend. Not use to spending this amount of money playing as West Ham.

West Ham always get tycoon takeovers, apart from when I try to be them :(

jsut started reading this website for few hints and tips, fm2010 seems much harder than previous versions, anyway ive never had a take over bid ever since playing fm since champ manager 2 i think :p. flicked back to my game and next new item after processing was a consortium is planning to take over leeds united yay, i guess thats karma

i got taken over on 09, i was watford.. i toook over 20 games into the championship season, they were 3rd from bottom we made play-offs unfortunately didnt get promoted.. and during the summer we went bankrupt into admin.. and got taken over.. i was sacked.. and replaced with sven haha.. i was soo angry

Played as Man United and the club just got taken over by a Maltese businessman in the middle of the 2015/2016 season of my saved game... So far so good, Im heading for the Prem Title and am in the semis for the UCL. Have not been given a war chest yet, but been promised one. Never been a rumor about them replacing me.

I have had a takeover when I was A.C. Milan in FM08. I was in 2014/2015 season when I got taken over but I was never in danger of being sacked because I was winning almost everything

I had a takeover at Man Utd once. Apparently I was in danger of being fired. I wasnt in the end, which is just as well, as was winning everything at the time... Had many many months of no transfers as a result though

Been taken over just once. Never in danger of getting the sack as well XD

West Ham always get tycoon takeovers, apart from when I try to be them :(
fully agree with you, mate. im west ham as well and all i get is a change of chairman and nothing else. ive not experienced any sugar daddy takeovers in fm 2010 as well :'(

I had a takeover with Portsmouth a few seasons in and they kept saying they are going to get James Beattie to replace me but the new chairman was a local businessman so he kept me because I was a club favourite(A)

I used to deliberately play as clubs who had the chairman status as 'willing to listen to offers' just to get a board takeover - I think in FM10 Newcastle is the most likely to suffer a takeover - its good though because your fortunes can change in either way. Sometimes you get a tasty warchest (50m+) whereas other takeovers you get nothing lol

I got took over seconed season in with Newcaslte in prem,
by a tycoon from norway.
i had over 100m to spend in third season transfer budget.
hope this helps anyone.
i was never in danger of getting sacked, never mentioned shearer or anything.

If the club is in good form the new chairman usually changes his mind and lets you stay

Until now, I had 5 succesful takeovers and I've never been sacked. Liverpool, Genoa, Lazio, Juventus and AC Milan.

I'm currently in the process of my club being taken over and it's led by Simon Jordan! No money to spend for me then!
Apparently I will be replaced but I've won Serie A three times in a row now as Fiorentina and I'm 3rd after 4 games this season so after reading these posts, I'm confident I'll be safe.