cakey

Reaction score
Anybody had experiences of a takeover at their club?
I've had two possible takeovers happen to me in 2016 as Cardiff City with the consortium/businessman saying they are gonna invest in the team but both takeovers have failed and broke down. I've just had another media story about another possible takeover like previous storys just happen again.
Anyone else had this or had successfull takeovers?

Yeah, Got taken-over two seasons ago. Fans Trust.

Last edited:
i got a takeover with man u in 2014 thay did not give me any money to spend but i dont need any 1 but thay did wipe the dept so we are now rich

Just wondering about people who have had successfull takeovers because mine keep falling through?

cakey:1705912 said:
Anybody had experiences of a takeover at their club?
I've had two possible takeovers happen to me in 2016 as Cardiff City with the consortium/businessman saying they are gonna invest in the team but both takeovers have failed and broke down. I've just had another media story about another possible takeover like previous storys just happen again.
Anyone else had this or had successfull takeovers?

Arsenal, taken over by consortium.

Anyone have a description on the different types of takeovers and their impacts?

I've just been taken over by a local business man, no money invested into the team yet tho but will have to wait and see in the future and how much budgets I get?

Leeds United taken over in second season, First time the deal fell through but then a few month later it happened, The new owner is just as bad though, Built a new 61,000 seater stadium in 2017/18 which is all they have done despite me turning over massive profit each season, Current transfer budget is 240 million with a 2.6 million wage budget in 2019/20, I've not spent more than 25 million in transfers each season while turning over atleast 50 million in transfers since 2015/16 but the owner is still not willing to do as i ask when i have 240 million sitting there doing nothing.

I want my facilities upgrading again, My junior coaching and youth recruitment all upgrading because if i'm not spending my transfer budget it might aswell as go on improving the club but the board for some reason wont allow it, Its frustrating because i just dont spend money in transfer windows that i dont need to spend and i wont give wages i dont think are deserved which has resulted in me selling off key players for asking for stupid wages, Players demanding a 100+% increase in wages to sign a 1 year extension, No chance, Stupid board just let me spend some of the money upgrading the club already!

When I was managing Arsenal, I got taken over by a local business man after the 3rd season. I survived the takeover, but left for Bayern Munich so I don't know how much he'd of given me

i got taken over when i was in charge at roma, about 10 game years ago. they didnt give me any money but wiped all my debts. they made the club financially stable.

Just been taken over by new chairman at Newcastle in 3rd season, pumped a lot of money into club (cant remember how much off top of my head), but did give me £34million to spend in January after the takeover in December, and a much bigger wage budget, been quite successful so far( before the takeover that is) 2 Europa wins, capital one cup, 2nd in league last year( never ever won so much in any other version hahaha), but 10th this year and think sack is on way only 10 games to go and not a hope in **** of the league title challenge the board asked my to accomplish this season. Shame really i'd of liked to see how much new board would have given me in new season.