gazEdanger

Reaction score
With lower league you're always going to get a fair few takeovers after clubs **** their money away.

In my game, Bromley have just been taken over by two Japanese dudes and they've got a bank balance of 9million!

Crazy.

Steve Anthrobus is their gaffer and he's not doing terribly well. I'm thinking of dropping a league to take them over.

What's the best takeover you've seen or had?

Once as Liverpool in FM2010 I got taked over by a Italian billionare. He promised me £200m+ in the summer. I was given £80m for January. Crash Dumps before the summer. I was gutted. :(

I've just won the Championship with Wigan and been taken over by an Iranian tycoon! unusual for a team like wigan.

Luton Town for me, some 'Consortium' guy and I now have a budget of £30M for L2.
I didn't half spend some money. (Snodgrass for 7.8M).

when takeover are still on rockes. haha

blackburn had it for nearly half teh season.

I'm currently at Alfreton Town and an Arab businessman then a consortium from China were looking to take over the club. In the end I got a former director who informed me there would be no more investment and saddled the club with a 200k loan to be paid back to the bank :mad:

Italian tycoon took over Power FC, a Ghanaian 2nd division team and gave them 5 Million to spend. Most premier league teams in ghana are lucky to get 70K.

Is there a way to provoke those takeovers? I'm tired of my president saying that ther is no money when last season I won about 1.5M just playing friendlies with new zealander teams. Plus, I got to the 1/8 finals of the FA Cup...

When I won the UEFA cup in my second season with Sunderland, the supporters trust took over the club and made no money available.

Is there any method to force a takeover?
If ur thinkin a lil'bit then spending the clubs money u will probably be sacked...or not?

dont most people get the sack when a new owner comes in.

dont most people get the sack when a new owner comes in.

It depends.

If you've been at the club-long enough, and brought in success then eventually they won't replace you. If you are relatively un-heard of, new to the job and what not, you might be replaced. When I had a take-over at Argyle there was no talk of me being replaced, so yeah it depends on who is taking you over.

On my game, a Nigerian businessman took over Northampton, giving them a budget of £40,000,000. Of course it was completely pointless because down in League 2, you'd struggle to find a player worth £500,000 who'll want to move to your club.

In my game as Eastleigh manager I've just been promoted to the Championship (unbeaten, back to back to back to back promotions), and my less than helpful chairman is looking to step aside. To be honest I don't really mind (he sold my talismanic RM behind my back in January).
Unfortunately all who have been linked are just as skint as my current chairman. I don't use FMRTE, but I just find it annoying that clubs can be taken over to end up in a worse financial position.

It depends.

If you've been at the club-long enough, and brought in success then eventually they won't replace you. If you are relatively un-heard of, new to the job and what not, you might be replaced. When I had a take-over at Argyle there was no talk of me being replaced, so yeah it depends on who is taking you over.
ah ok i suppose thats whats it like in real life too

Im now in the 2020/2021 season as Shrewsbury, i've come 3rd in the premiership yet I haven't had a board takeover through my whole time playing!