clarky1683

Reaction score
View attachment 866889
Taking Back Turin

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if any of you know of/remember me (I recently did a Preston/Everton Story). Anyway, I'm back with a new story. "Taking Back Turin" focuses on the rivalry between Juventus and Torino, and the aim is simple. To "take back Turin" and become the biggest club in Italy and Europe as Torino. I hope you'll all enjoy the story! I'm going to try and add more detail in this story, and maintain the focus on the rivalry between the two clubs. Sit back, relax and enjoy the read!

-------

Headline

View attachment 261833
Torino Chairman, Urbano Cairo has today unveiled that the new manager of Torino Football Club is a totally unproven and unknown, English coach by the name of George Clark. Many "Toro" fans are extremely baffled by Cairo's decision leading to cries for "Cairo Out". Despite this being Clark's first venture into first team management, he does have a Continental C Licence and has enjoyed a successful spell with the Ternana Under 18s Squad last season.

Torino's History

View attachment 261827
Torino haven't won a trophy for thirteen years. That's thirteen long years in the shadow of Juventus. Clark stated his vision in his first press conference as manager.

View attachment 261820
Despite many feeling nervous about this appointment, it is evidently clear that Clark is an ambitious, enthusiastic, young coach, keen on a positive future for Torino.

Meeting the Squad

After leaving my first press conference, I headed straight to the dressing room where the players were waiting. Even though I was extremely nervous, I was excited and keen to impress the squad.

I opened the door and silence fell. I took a deep breath and smiled.

View attachment 261814
I looked around the room and noticed one of the lads shook his head. It was Barreto. Before he could say something the captain, Kamil Glik addressed me.

View attachment 261804
I felt so relieved after he said that. Knowing that the captain of the club had my back, I was extremely positive. I continued to talk to the lads, explaining how the aim of the season is to finish at least in a mid-table position, in order to stable the clubs finances before we can build in the coming years. We all agreed and Glik once again promised to back me. Before I could leave the room however, Barreto decided to put his two pence in.

View attachment 261803
I just stared at him. I saw Glik's head drop into his hands, and at that point, I knew Barreto was "one of those players". I hope he's not going to cause problems with squad harmony this season.

I left the dressing room to go and meet the staff before I took my first training session. Although we all had a laugh about it, we all want to "knock Juve off their f**king perch", to quote a certain Giuseppe Vives.​

I can't get into this save unfortunately :( I've finished my exams though, so I have some free time now. I'll be starting a new story ASAP!