satanasangel

Reaction score
Torino

Torino Football Club, or simply Torino. Are an Italian professional football club based in the Capitol city of the Piedmont region. In the city of Turin.

The club was founded in 1906, they have spent most of their history in the top tier of Italian football, though they are currently plying their trade in the second tier. The Italian Serie B.

Torino, play in claret shirts with white shorts, they have claimed the Serie A title seven times, first in 1927-28 and most recently in 1975-76. They have also won the Coppa Italia on five occasions. On the European stage, the nearest Torino came to success was as runners-up in the UEFA Cup in 1991-92. Historically, Torino are the joint fifth most successful club in Italian
Football in terms of championships won.

Until 1970 the club was known as Associazione Calcio Torino, and then as Torino Calcio from 1970 to 2005.

Il Grande Torino

The most notable period in the clubs history;

Grande Torino ("The Great Torino") was the name by which the Torino F.C. team of the 1940s is popularly known in Italy. Grande Torino set many important records of Italian Football, all of which still stand today.

Grande Torino played with an attacking 4-2-4 formation, 10 years before the Brazil 1958 World Cup team, and some of their game tactics inspired the Dutch Total Football that revolutionized the game in the 1970s.

The Italy National Football Team starting lineup in the second half of the forties consisted almost entirely of Grande Torino players, which regularly contributed 8-9 starters. On May 11, 1947, for the friendly match between Italy and Hungary 3-2, the Azzurri starting lineup was made of 10 Grande Torino. Italian manager Vittorio Pozzo reserved the Azzurri starting keeper Valerio Bacigalupo; otherwise it would have been the whole Grande Torino team playing for Italy.

The Superga Tragedy

On May 4, 1949, after having secured their record fifth back-to-back Serie A title, and on their way home after a friendly match with Benfica, the airplane carrying Grande Torino crashed against the Basilica of Superga, on a hill near Turin, killing nearly all the players and managers.

Grande Torino is still much loved by Italian football fans as a symbol of national pride that helped Italian people get through the hardships of post World War II.

Good luck! Bianchi NEVER misses a penalty!

The Man trying to tame "Il Toro"

Dino Baggio

Born July 24, 1971 in Camposampiero

Baggio a retired Italian Football International, capped 60 times between 1991-99. He plyed his trade as a tough tackling defensive midfielder. Whom whilst not blessed with an abundance of pace, was an astute passer of the ball.

Baggio played for Torino (1989-91), Inter (1991-92), Juventus (1992-94), Parma A.C. (1994-2000), S.S Lazio (2000-03 and 2004-05),Blackburn Rovers -on loan (2003-04), Ancona - on loan (2004), Triestina (2005) and Tombolo (2008).

Honours

Club

Torino FC: Serie B(89-90), Mitropa Cup (91), Memorial Pier Cesare Baretti (90)

Juventus FC: Serie A runner up (93-94), UEFA Cup (93)

Parma FC: Uefa Cup(95 & 99), Coppa Italia 99

International
UEFA U21 Championship (92)
Fifa World Cup runner up (94)

good luck mate, i've always had soft spot for torino. do you still have tommaso viallatti?

(apologies if translations are iffy, used an online translator)

Fan's Spokesman: " We are happy with the appointment of Dino, he is a former Torino youngster and knows the proud history of the club. We looked forward to the coming season and hope Dino can translate his style of play as a player to the team"

Chairman: "Dino is proud to take on the position as Torino manager and hope to bring back the good times. Starting with promotion back to Serie A, we believe in Dino we have a talented young manager who can improve along with the club"

Lancashire press spoke to the previous Blackburn player and he had this to say:

Dino Baggio: "I cannot wait to take on the task of returning this club to its former glories. I have played for some great clubs, with great players and great managers, I hope I can transition to a great manager myself. I want to rebuild a squad of Italian players to match that of Gran Torino. It will be hard but that is my dream."

Transfers

(All players are Italian eligable, long term all will be Italian born)

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

Pre-season

Wuppertelar 0-v-4 Torino; Bianchi (9), Belingheri (23), Macheda (37), Zoboli (61)

Bevern 0-v- 3 Torino; Vieri (14), Gasbarroni (55), Arma (80)

Deinze 0-v-7 Torino; Bianchi (18,60), Cappola (25), Reinertz OG (44), Belingheri (71), Vieri (74), Macheda (85)

Cuneo 0-v-3 Torino; Lemmello (23), Zenoni (29), Macheda90

Torino 0-v-1 Blackburn; Andrews (60)

A Break from the friendlies and the 1st competitive game

Italian Cup 2nd Round Qualifier

Vicenza 2-v-2 Torino; Bjelanovic (27), Macheda (35,90+5) Braiati (45)

Penalties Vicenza 5-v-4 Torino

Vicenza Progress

Post Match:

Dino: "It is never easy to lose on penalties, but to have your first competitive match as a manager end this way is hard to take. I apologise to the fans and take full responsiblity for our early exit. The players however ran their hearts out and never gave up Macheda's injury time equaliser to get us to extra time was as dramatic as it gets. I hope we can bounce back when the season truelly kicks off"

Last Pre-Season friendly

Bognor 0-v-3 Torino; Rubin (5), Possebon (40), Macheda (50)

Man of Preseason

Federico Macheda

Dino: "I am proud Sir Alex allowed young Macheda to join us on loan, if he shows the commitment in the Serie B, that he has in preseason he will be a superb signing for us. I am sure he will go back to Old Trafford, having relished the experience."

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Serie B Start : August;

Dino:"I am excited to get the new season underway and hope we can bounce back from the cup upset to Vicenza in a positive manner. I have full confidence we can win today and start with a bang with the aim to win Serie B."

Torino 2-v-0 Grosetto; Marino (46), Macheda (87)

Ascoli 1-v-2 Torino; Marino (45), Pesce (57), Zobolu (60)

Player of the Month

Guillermo Marino- 2 Goals, 1 Assist

Dino: "Marino has started well, I thought it might take him a month or so to adapt but with 2 goals and an assist he has started well and long may it continue."

September;

Dino: " Macheda will miss a month or so, after pulling a hamstring in training"

Cesena 0-v-1 Torino; Vieri (Pen 90+1)

Torino 1-v-0 Mantova; Marino (56)

Torino 3-v-1 Frosinone; Gasbarroni (15, 25, 75), Stellone (87)

Triestina 1-v-2 Torino; Bianchi (22), Godeas (49), Borini (60), Pasquato S/O (43)

Ancona 0-v-5 Torino; Bianchi (12, 78), Pestrin (29), De Ascentis (58), Lemmello (80)

Vieri missed the last two weeks of September, leaving me with only Bianchi and two young loanees Borini and Lemmello.

Agreed a deal to Sell Bianchi to Lyon £5m in January, as he wanted to discuss terms. I did the deal to keep him happy. After which he scored 3 and set up 4.

Agreed to buy Bagni, Bettoni and Carraro from Fiorentina for a combined £460k, the latter two having 10% profit sell ons. Also Siragusa from Palermo for £200k + 10% Profit. All join in January and are hot prospects.

Player of the Month

Rolando Bianchi - 3 Goals and 4 Assists

Dino " Rolando will sadly be leaving us in January, I felt it unfair to turn down Lyon's offer as it will allow Rolando to play in the Champions League. Credit to his professionalism he knuckled down and had an excellent last month especially as he was our only experienced striker"

League Table

Interestingly, there are at least 20 odd players out on loan to various clubs and Torino pay out £113k a week for players they cannot use. With the clubs contributing not a penny to any of their wages.

October

Torino 4 -v- 1 Padova; Borini (45+1), Jidayi (46), Zoboli (53), Lemmello(64), Agliandi OG (79)

Sassuolo 2 -v- 4 Torino; Noselli (32); Zoboli(35,39,57), Borini (44), Zampagna (45+2)

Torino 3 -v- 0 Modena; Borini (33), Macheda (77), Zoboli (89)

Empoli 1 -v- 1 Torino; Emerson (31), Yago (42)

Player of the Month

Davide Zoboli

" Davide has been superb over the last 4 games, scoring 5 and chipping in with 1 assist. His defensive attributes have been superb and hasn't been shy at the back, with his no nonense defending. I am glad to say we will make his loan deal permanant in January after completing the details of a £650k transfer."

League Table

November

Torino 2 -v- 0 Gallipolli; Bianchi (11), Belingheri (26)

Torino 4 -v- 2 Albinoliffe; Zoboli (4), Borini (06), Bianchi (9), Gasbarroni (10), Cisse (66), Torri (77)

Crotone 1 -v- 1 Torino; Russotto (22), Bianchi (90 +2)

Torino 2 -v- 1 Piacenza; Bianchi (11), Zoboli (29), Cani (38), Zenoni S/O (90 +4)

"Despite results being good on the whole, team has been getting a little complacent as of late and lady luck has shone on us more than once with late goals and referee-ing decisions. Some of the score lines are very flattering in what in fairness where tight games. The draw against Crotone whom where 2nd from bottom could of been a whole lot worse bar the late goal from Bianchi and that is unacceptable."

Player of the Month

Rolando Bianchi

"Yet again superb month for Rolando, his professionalism is unquestioned he is giving 100% in every game and yet he is playing knowing he is joining Lyon in January. His late goal against Crotone will hopefully be the platform to improve are performance."

League Table

great start in the league mate, unlucky about the cup exit.
keep it up :)

December

Torino 3 -v- 1 Lecce; Zoboli (21, 75), Sereni (OG 45), Gasbarroni (48)

Cittadella 1 -v- 3 Torino; Bianchi (9), Cherubin (16), Zoboli (39), Marino (78)

Reginna 1 -v- 0 Torino; Brienza (24)

Salernitana 2 -v- 2 Torino; Caputo (15), Soligo(17), Marino (52), Zoboli (87)

Player of the Month

Davide Zoboli

"4 goals, and a rock at the back. Earned us a draw against Salernitana after going up front as a target man."

Table

December Summary

"The start was good with the with over Lecce. The Cittadella scoreline was flattering with them missing a penalty and have a good goal ruled out. The loss to Reggina wasn't hard to take as they are 2nd and pushing us, but it was my first defeat in the league which was a new feeling. Also despite the 2 - 2 draw to end the year, my players showed commitment to come back from 2 down which was superb and hopefully we can get back to winning ways."

January

Torino 6 -v- 2 Brescia; Quattrocchi (Pen 2), Macheda; (16,53,90+2), Marino (20, 24), Borini (23), Cordova (32)

Viacenza 1 -v- 2 Torino; Madonna (41), Macheda (67,90+3)

Grosseto 3 -v- 2 Torino; Zoboli (16), Pinilla (23), Carobbio (45), Pichlmann (45 +2), Marino (90 + 3), Garafalo (S/O 87)

Torino 4 -v- 0 Ascoli; Gasbarroni (4, 62), Macheda (45+2, 79)

Player of the Month

Ferderico Macheda

"Young Federico, is a scary talent. This month he has been far and away our star player scoring 7 goals, I am greatful to Sir Alex for trusting me with his talents and long may this scoring form continue. A few niggling injuries stopped him taking his early form on, but after the sale of Bianchi he has taken on a bigger role."

League

January Summary

"Overall it was a good month, aside from the loss to Grosseto I am happy with the performances. We need to become a little tighter at the back, but I am still happy with the defenders permformances."

Transfers

In - Petrucci joined from Man Utd, Zigoni from AC Milan both on loan. Garafalo made his loan deal permanant for £1m. Faraoni joined for £90k and Stefano Garibaldi for £16k. Masi and Silvano Garibaldi join in July for free.

Out- Bianchi completed his £5m deal to Lyon. Rubin was sold for £650k and Belingheri was sold for £550k.