calcal

Reaction score
Evening gents!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I was just sat here debating where to post the thread so please move if im mistaken! (Y)

Just wondered, (And hoped to get a good discussion thread going)

If anyone actually coaches/manages in real life?

I coached kids football, Now im just lingering as an assistant manager at a mens Sunday team before moving to Saturday's next season -

https://www.facebook.com/corbylionsfc2014?fref=ts << My team!

Just interested to see if anyone else is too? And if so do you try and incorporate anything you learned through FM?

I'd say quite a few do.

I know some of the SI employee's have a least a C level coaching badge.

And some real world managers use it too (mainly or scouting though)

I haven't got my level 1 yet!! Need to get my act together lol

Evening gents!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I was just sat here debating where to post the thread so please move if im mistaken! (Y)

Just wondered, (And hoped to get a good discussion thread going)

If anyone actually coaches/manages in real life?

I coached kids football, Now im just lingering as an assistant manager at a mens Sunday team before moving to Saturday's next season -

https://www.facebook.com/corbylionsfc2014?fref=ts << My team!

Just interested to see if anyone else is too? And if so do you try and incorporate anything you learned through FM?

2 years ago I used to coach U8's, U10's and U12 (And U12's Goalkeeping Coaching; since that's where I spent most my my life playing) with Limerick F.C. They were going to help fund my FAI Goalkeeper Certificate and if I showed aptitude; my UEFA 'B' Cert.

But alas, I started takign college more seriously and took a step back from the coaching. I may go back, haven't decided yet.

that is the dream, managing a professional team. It's a shame things like work take up so much time and get in the way!!

2 years ago I used to coach U8's, U10's and U12 (And U12's Goalkeeping Coaching; since that's where I spent most my my life playing) with Limerick F.C. They were going to help fund my FAI Goalkeeper Certificate and if I showed aptitude; my UEFA 'B' Cert.

But alas, I started takign college more seriously and took a step back from the coaching. I may go back, haven't decided yet.

Sounds good mate, You interested in ever taking it back up?

I found it really rewarding coaching kids, But I became ****** off with the parents trying to tell me what to do, So thought it was time for the move to mens football!

My names been shortlisted for A local teams reserve side next season! (Their even on FM!!)

@GrumpyRabbit - You dabbled in coaching before?

only within the last year when i started taking my son to football training (5-7 years team). I want to take a more active role in the school football team as well at my school(chemistry teacher).

Good luck with the parents!! Or are you one of "them" parents? haha I had to ban a guy from coming to watch his own son play,

Because he spent the whole game slagging all the kids off and shouting at them!

Bet Fergie never had these problems!!

Got to start somewhere. Even asked the wife, "what do you think about me looking into coaching more seriously" but that didn't go down too well. lol

I had that conversation only to be told "grow up, Don't be stupid you won't get paid" The confidence!! lol