Taking Newcastle back where they belong!

kjlomax

Reaction score
Hey, i'm a new member on these forums and this is my first story that i've posted on here so don't be too harsh please, thanks alot, well let's get down to the story.

moz-screenshot-5.png

newskysports_logo.jpg

6th July 2009
ChrisHughton460.jpg

Hughton at his last game in charge of Newcastle United.

HUGHTON SACKED!
Earlier today, Sky Sports News announced that they had heard from anonymous sources that there had been a change at the managerial position at Newcastle United, and just a moment ago, the chairman of Newcastle United Mike Ashley confirmed the news at a press conference. The Newcastle Fans are said to be very angry at this news as they believe Hughton was the man to take Newcastle United forward. Here is the coverage from the Press Conference,

Interviewer: Mr. Ashley, why have you sacked Chris Hughton?

Mr. Ashley: No comment.
Interviewer: Who are you going to be appointing as the new manager of Newcastle United?
Mr. Ashley: I have one target in mind but I think that things are very close and I could be announcing our new manager within the hour.
Mr. Ashley then stormed out of the Press Conference after a 3rd question which he said offended him. Sky Sports News will keep you updated in due course.

7th July 2009
ashley0915pa_978341c.jpg

UNKNOWN MANAGER ANNOUNCED!
At approximately 3:15pm, Mike Ashley announced the new manager of Newcastle United. With most fans expecting to have such managers as Martin O’Neil, Sven Goran Errikson and even Kenny Daglish being thrown into the miz, Ashley has appointed a relatively unknown manager to the job called Kyle Lomax. He had a relatively short playing career, retiring when he was 27 due to a very profolific injury record, he enjoyed roles at Leister City, Nottingham Forest and even Brighton and Hove Albion he has NEVER had any experience in a managerial position so it will be interesting to see how he does. Mike Ashley refused to comment on the stature of this manager, often repeating the phrase “Mr. Lomax is the right man to take Newcastle forward!” Mr. Lomax also answered a couple of questions which can be seen below,
Interviewer: You stand here as the manager of Newcastle United, are you pleased to have this job?
Kyle Lomax: It really is a dream come true, I had a couple of job offers but Newcastle United was the best one so obviously I am delighted to be hired.
Interviewer: Reports have strongly linked you with a move for Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam, is this rumour true?
Kyle Lomax: I have interest in Charlie, but he is too loyal to Blackpool so it may be hard to lure him away from Bloomfield Road, but I also have another couple of targets in my mind. So if you wouldn’t mind I have to go now as we are holding an important meeting today about my future with the club and what I plan to do. Thank you.
I will be posting transfer updates and such tomorrow, I would love to have a few followers so give my story a chance please. Thanks a lot!

Great OP hopefully to become a great story.

I'll be a silent follower (Look but not say anything).

Thanks for that. I am currently a follower of your James Bond story and I hope you keep it going as it is a great story.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Pre Season + August

As promised, I am posting my update which includes all of my pre season friendly results, my transfer dealing's and my results in the premier league for the month of August. I had 3 positions that I thought weren't good enough in my team and they were a Striker, a Central/Defensive Midfielder, and a Central Defender. I got a player for all three of these, you can see them below:

IN:
Ruben De La Red - £3,500,000 plus 50% Profit from Next Transfer - Real Madrid
Oscar Cardozo - £9,000,000 - St. Benfica
Gleen Loovens - £4,700,000 - Celtic

OUT:
Danny Guthrie - £4,000,000 - Fulham
Bradden Inman - £2,500,000 - West Ham
Tamas Kadar - £1,400,000 - Birmingham

spaingoal1.jpg

Ruben De La Red celebrating after scoring for Spain

article-1264638-090E7323000005DC-882_468x286.jpg

Oscar Cardozo firing a beautiful free kick past Pepe Reina

Hibernian-v-Celtic-Glenn-Loovens-Steven-Fletc_1592521.jpg

Gleen Loovens playing for his previous club Celtic

On overall, I am very happy with my transfers. I had a £9,000,000 budget to play with so I think I got the right players in for the right amount of money. Well, now for the Pre-Season Action.

Newcastle United engaged in a excellent pre-season with new manager Kyle Lomax, winning all 6 of there friendlies:

Wrexham 0-1 Newcastle - Ryan Taylor
Livingston 0-4 Newcastle - Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands, Samuel Adjei(2)
Leyton Orient 0-5 Newcastle - Carroll, Vuckic, Campbell, Samuel Adjei, Ryan Taylor
Sheff Wed 0-1 Newcastle - Ranger
Carlisle 1-2 Newcastle - Ameobi, Carroll
MK Dons 0-3 Newcastle - Carroll, Barton (2)

A great start for me as manager of Newcastle, I just hoped that I could keep up my form in the Premier League. I had the expectation to finish Mid-Table, so nothing too ambitious for my first season as manager, but obviously I would be aiming towards a top half finish and then try to progress from there and maybe I could even guide Newcastle into a Top 4 Finish, or at least guide them into europe within 3 seasons. Well, the anxiousness has now all come to an end, can Lomax make a good start in the League against Sunderland away?

Sunderland 0-0 Newcastle
Joey Barton Sent Off(87th Minute)

A frustrating game for my team, after having 17 shots, 9 more then Sunderland, the game ended in an unconvincing 0-0 draw. I could of hoped for better in this game, but we could have scored at least 2 or more goals with the chances that we had, Cardozo and Carroll both unconvincingly missed 2 clear cut one on ones. I am dissapointed with the late sending off of Joey Barton, so I will have to think of an replacement in the team. Manchester United at Home next.

Newcastle 1-2 Manchester United
Andy Carroll

I am unhappy with this result, they dominated the possession even at my ground. Bad start in the Premier League for me so far. Andy Carroll played superb, although he picked up a slight injury so he will not be able to play next game against Birmingham, or the game against Huddersfield in the League Cup so that is a huge disappointment. Birmingham away next, should get a good result here.

Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle
Fabricicio Coloccini

For once, I am pleased with the draw. The possession was even at 50%/50% although they just edged the shot count. I am happy with Coloccini's late equaliser and I am also happy with my whole team as they never gave up and just kept fighting on. 2 points out of 6 in the league as we welcome Huddersfield to St. James Park for our League Cup Clash.

Newcastle 2-0 Huddersfield
Ruben De La Red, Cheik Tiote(pen)

A good result for my Newcastle team, we dominated the match possession wise and we always looked sharp going foward, our new players are starting to blend in just fine as you can see De La Red getting his first goal for the club. My first competitive win as Newcastle boss, now let us add to this performance with a good result against Blackpool at home.

Newcastle 4-0 Blackpool
Jonas(2), Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton

Great result for Newcastle today. I had expected us to win but not by 4 goals. You can tell the difference between the two teams as Blackpool only had 2 shots where we had 17 shots in total. 2 great results in quick sucession to end August. Jonas put in a great performance in this match scoring goals and even setting up a goal. Great display by the Spiderman as we sit in 9th place with 5 points from 4 games.

How do you think I did in my first month in Competitive Action? Follow please, I will be posting another update tommorow night.