Taking Norway to the Top

SEPTEMBER 2023

Fixtures and results

Fixtures-and-Results.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg

Another great month that sees us somehow finish atop the table! Our title rivals (can’t believe I’m saying that) keep inexplicably dropping points. With five games left, the goal has to be to finish top two and secure automatic promotion. A title would be a dream, but promotion is more important now.

Moller-Assistant-Coach.jpg
Moller-Attributes.jpg

Espen Møller comes in to fill our our assistant coach vacancy. Weirdly, he was hired by the board with no say on my side. He seems fine to finish out the season, but I’ll be looking for an upgrade going into 2024.

Youth Update
Falch-youngest.jpg
Falch-Attributes.jpg
Falch-Report.jpg

Breaks Celius’ record! We had a combination of injuries and suspension that led to Falch on the bench.

Bjorgve-Progress.jpg
Bjorgve-Attributes.jpg
Bassi-Progress.jpg
Bassi-Attributes.jpg

Tandberg-Progress.jpg

Tandberg-Attributes.jpg

Usual suspects impressing in training this month.

Attachments

• Tandberg-Report.jpg
    Tandberg-Report.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 6
October 2023

Title Chase
With 4 games to go, I think it’s time for another game-by-game post to see if we can claim the title!
Table-before-all-games.jpg

Fixtures-preview.jpg

Pedersen-Winther-Fitness-Test.jpg

Sandefjord will be a difficult game, especially without Pedersen Winther. At least we get to play it at home.

Tromsdalen v Sandefjord
Sandefjord-Lineup.jpg

Sebastian Warvik had taken over the starting job at LCB, but misses out today with a knock.

Sandfjord-Postgame.PNG
Table-Post-Sandefjord.jpg

Disaster game for us. We went down 3-0, fought back to 3-2, then gave up the fourth while pushing for an equalizer. Good news: we’re still second on goal difference and that was the toughest match we have left. We’ve also secured a playoff spot! Missing out on automatic promotion would be gutting at this point, but we need to keep everything in context. Our goal at the start of the season was simply to avoid relegation. We’ll end with a chance at promotion!

Pedersen-Suspension.jpg
Johnsgard-Suspension.jpg
Vibe-Suspension.jpg

Both starting fullbacks out for our next match.

Pedersen-Winther-Back.jpg

The good news is one of our key players is back from injury.

Sandnes-Lineup.jpg

We’ve got defensive issues all over the place. Lysvoll hasn’t been performing well in recent matches so I’m taking a chance with Hammari up front. He’s trained extremely well and I think he’s ready to lead the line. Also taking a big risk with youth product Terje Haaland at LB.

Sandnes-Postgame.jpg
Haaland-Debut-Goal.jpg
Haaland-Youngest-Goalscorer.jpg

Horrendous performance. Haaland repays my start by rescuing us with an amazing long-range strike, but horrible outside of that. We’re going to throw automatic promotion away at this rate.

Table-Post-Sandnes.PNG

Our good luck continues as Mjøndalen drop points and leave us in second. We still control our own destiny.

Best-Ever-Finish.PNG

Another good piece of context. We’re punching far above our weight.

Meeting-Pre-Skeid.jpg

Quick team meeting to hopefully take the pressure off

Intake-Preview-3.jpg
Intake-Preview-2.jpg
Intake-Preview-1.jpg

Looks like it’ll be a disappointing intake this year, but another young goalkeeper is a plus.

Skeid-Postgame.jpg
Post-Skeid-Table.jpg

Massive win! Tromso clinch the title, but will it be two teams from the city heading up a division? One game left to find out!

Meeting-Results-Pre-Final-Game.jpg

Another meeting to settle the boys.

Bjorgve-Rally-Pre-Last-Game.jpg

What can’t this guy do?? Scoring big goals and leading the dressing room. Love it!

IMG_0995.jpg

Everyone fit and available. Only a win against the worst team in the league stands between us and a shock promotion to the top division of Norwegian soccer.

Final-Game-Postgame.jpg
Final-Table.jpg
Bjorgve-Praise-Promotion.jpg
Promotion-1.jpg
Promotion-Rejoice.jpg
Turn-Professional.jpg

WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!!!! I honestly cannot believe it. I truly would’ve been happy to avoid relegation this season and instead we’re going to playing top division soccer in 2024. Phenomenal effort from everyone, especially our young players who were the backbone of our season.

I’ll leave it here for now - next update will cover some big changes at the club and an extended look at how our youth players progressed.

Attachments

• Pedersen-Winther-Fitness-Test.jpg
    Pedersen-Winther-Fitness-Test.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 6
OFFSEASON 2023

Turn-Professional.jpg
Initial-Budgets.PNG

HUGE for us! Our youth players were already developing well on part-time contracts; being able to train full time means they should improve even faster.

It does mean a massive effort to re-sign all our key players to full time deals. I’ll start on that immediately to make sure I don’t lose anyone. Hopefully top division soccer next season means they all want to stay.

2023-Season-Review.jpg
2023-Accolades.jpg
Transfers.jpg
Record-Finish.jpg
Finances.jpg
Season-Best-XI.jpg
Overall-Best-XI.jpg
Aarhus-Head-Coach-of-Year.jpg
First-Division-Goal-of-Year.jpg
Lysvoll-Golden-Boot.jpg
Vadebu-Young-Player-of-Year.jpg

Youth System Review
I’m really happy about where our youth setup is compared to when I took over the club. Though a combination of scouting, signings, and two good youth intakes, we have a 2 team stocked with promising teenagers and a first team built around true young stars. Here’s a look at the squad sorted by PA.

Squad-Potential-1.jpg
Squad-Potential.jpg

Mathias Tandberg
Tandberg-Attributes.jpg
Tandberg-Report.jpg

Already on the fringes of the first team. Considering training him to be more comfortable in the CAM position so he can play the shadow striker role

Roar Falch
Falch-Attributes.jpg
Falch-Report.jpg

We have a million wingers at the club, but Falch looks promising enough to break through and earn minutes

Sebastian Warvik
Warvik-Attributes.jpg
Warvik-Report.jpg

Been with us since the start of the save! Will take over the LCB starting role next year.

Dovydas Zala
Zala-Attributes.jpg
Zala-Report.jpg

I keep counting Zala out and he just keeps pulling me back in. Now the coaches think he can be a premier division quality player. His loan started badly, but finished well and clearly worked for his development. May actually be our starting striker next season.

Daniel Bassi
Bassi-Attributes.jpg
Bassi-Report.jpg

Unbelievable signing for us at the start of last season. He’s already so good with room to improve. Only issue is he’s currently not interested in signing a new contract.

Kristian Holsbø
Holsbo-Attributes.jpg
Holsbo-Report.jpg

Holsbø joined us midway through the season and we immediately loaned back to his original club. He’ll be with the first team for 2024.

Ulrik Celius
Celius-Attributes.jpg
Celius-Report.jpg

Still my favorite youth player we have! Continues to develop well, will likely be a starter next season.

Isak Vådebu
Vadebu-Attributes.jpg
Vadebu-Report.jpg

One of the best players our youth system has ever produced. Going to do everything I can to buy him back now that we’re in the top division.

Thomas Bjørgve
Bjorgve-Attributes.jpg
Bjorgve-Report.jpg

Another preseason signing who scored big goals for us all year.

That’s a look at the best of the youth movement!

Next post I’ll go into some long-term planning and goals.