MCFCkev

Reaction score

First off I want to tell you about my aim in Football Manager in my final attempt to get into a single player game. I wanted to choose a team, league, country & continent that are not played by many and in an attempt to create content for my site and inspire others to give it ago. I started the game as realistic as possible, English nationality, enabled attributes masking and passed experience as Sunday league. The continent I went with was Asia if not guessed already ;P so loaded up every country and league in Asia (8 in total inc Australia) to find out the below.

The aim is to conquer every Asian playable league and win the Asian Champions League, I am under sided on how difficult to go make this, sticking with the club I started with in that league to achieve it or work my way up by applying for higher rep jobs and by increasing my own reputation to get offered the job in the first place. Either way I won’t be adding as a new manager each time, I want to start from the bottom and work my way up to glory either with same club or not.

This club I have started with go by the name of Persatuan Sepakbola Siak (PS Siak) an Indonesian 1st Division (3rd Tier) side with 48 other professional & semi professional teams and PS Siak are the only playable amateur club in Indonesia (possibly the continent); they do play in the lowest ranked playable League (54th) in Asia and is why I started with the club & league to fit the title. They have a blank a facilities screen, no staff at all only a chairman and director. They have never won anything according to FM and I cannot find anything about them. Their finances are in an okay status and at the very start of the game a balance just short of £50k. On the plus side I can’t find any expenditure, all 15 players are on amateur contracts so don’t have a wage in fact there are no wages to pay out even me the manager does not pick up a wage. 11 of my 15 players are wanted by other Indonesian clubs so keeping a team together could prove difficult.

More on the league structure. As already mentioned there is a huge 48 clubs taking part but split up into 4 groups of 12, each group the top two teams go into the 2nd phase and 2 relegations. The 2nd phase takes place after completing the 1st phase playing each team home and away in their group in total 22 games. Then the 8 teams go into a knockout phase till the final.

More about the place:
Siak is a regency of Riau Province in Indonesia, they have a population of around 377k. Below is a map of where Siak is placed as well as their Coat of Arms Crest. Also there is a famous landmark of Siak and even Indonesia the Siak Sri Indrapura Palace also pictured below.

View attachment 358931View attachment 358930View attachment 358932

Next will be my first update in my early progress with PS Siak . . .

Last edited:
Thanks for the like and comment guys, ill have another upadate ill put up tommorow

I see you have done well in your game mate, keep it up :)

Good start! very detailed & really realistic especially if you did want to make it as a coach and had to prove yourself with a no-payed job. I hope you stick with the same team for a good few years before moving, My only advice is don't make to big a jump from teams when/If you do leave because if you go too good a team and win everything you will get bored quickly as many people do including myself.

Taking on Asia . . . . the hard way

Learning the hard way

This has proved to be a mighty challenge during the setting up process for the more competitive games ahead. I have no staff to do anything as it stands so all the work bring in players to replace my current amateur player the will move on. Another stumbling block as due to teams not wanting to play an amateur in pre season I could only pick 3 teams for pre seasons matches all at home, board will not let us travel due to us having to travel too far to the nearest stadium. The three teams all played in the highest Indonesian league named Super League which is not ideal.​

After placing an advert for a Chief Scout, Head Physio, Assistant Manager & a Coach this ended up being a waste of time and found them myself, the staff that came forward from the advert was very poor but my findings were just poor! Put it this was my Head of Physio has 6 attribute for Physiotherapy, can’t complain none are earning anything so much just be a hobby of theirs.

As for players in and out with 13 days to our first league match as I write this, 11 players left and 23 new faces came in. My new players are mainly in their prime with only a few teenagers and 5 over 32 year’s young. None of my players at the moment are wanted which is a good and bad sign for the season ahead. I have only signed Indonesian players, in this league you can have no foreign players but as you move up the leagues you are allowed at least 3.

Now for the pre season matches I arranged despite only have 3 teams to play against I still took full advantage of this arranging 9 pre season matches. We started off to a great start with winning 3 of our first 5 but the next 4 we lost them all. On a brighter note we scored in all of the fixtures and most we conceded in a match was 5. I was delighted with the attendances, we averaged gates of around 1,800 fans for the 9 pre season matches, this has helped my finances no end making 29.45k profit.

The board have been reluctant to do anything although they did agree to finding a parent club to gain an extra income so will have to wait on that. Still no option to change to a professional status yet.

As it stands I am happy with life in Indonesia but this may all changed when I actually find out where we are at against opposition at a similar level than ourselves. My next match is against a professional side but seem their match fitness is not so good, ours is almost perfect as you could imagine. I feel training may be a stumbling block as my tactics is far from familiar with the team despite my match prep being prepared on that for the two months.

Wish me luck! . . . next is the findings on how good or poor we are.

So this is how I got on in the league where the results matter.

Before I do I will give you an idea of the sort of players I have at my disposal this player goes by the name of Salim Alaydrus, he is by far my best player and very much has carried my team in matches. At 35 I won’t have his services for long.
View attachment 361214

This post update will show you how I have got on with the only amateur based team in Indonesia.
Below is my list of results there is not much point telling you the names of the clubs as I am sure 100% of you have no idea who they are anyway. To give you a better idea I will show their media prediction in brackets

Results

3-3 – (3rd) @ Neutral – D – att: 560
3-1 – (1st ) @ Away – L – att: 3,968
3-1 – (9th) @ Home – W – att: 98
1-1 – (10th) @ Away – D – att: 4,990
1-3 – (6th) @ Home – L – att: 523
1-2 – (11th) @ Away – W - att: 2,935
0-2 – (7th)@ Away – W – att: 2,448
1-2 – (5th) @ Home – L – att: 524
3-1 – (2nd) @ Away – L – att: 2,390
4-3 – (12th) @ Home – W - att: 90
1-3 – (10th) @ Away – W - att: 306

Here is the league table

View attachment 361213

With another 11 games to go and still trying to find my best tactic I really don’t know where I am going to end up. All my matches have been close just no signs of improvement as of yet. Only thing I know at this stage who my best players are in their positions and what position is my weakest, my defence a you can tell by results are poor there are no CB’s interested in joining us at this stage.

Also on the a parent club I applied for and my board agreed, they came back with no results.

Oh and I signed a couple of squad players since my last update on transfer window deadline and my new DM scored a screamer. He scored a 25 yard volley in my 4-3 epic win. Here is the goal. [video=youtube_share;ltAt-QkylFg]http://youtu.be/ltAt-QkylFg[/video]

Next is the final chapter to season one but just the very beginning to a long Asian experience

Last edited: