Taking on the Champions League Challenge

Champions League Group A - Matchday 5

Lille 0 - 3 Chelsea
Mata, Hazard, Ba

View attachment 297426

This is the win we needed to secure our qualification to the next round, and what a solid victory!!
Lille to be fair did pass the ball around well, but they were no match for my solid attacking line!

Champions League Group A - Matchday 6

Chelsea 2 - 0 Malaga
Ayew, Terry

View attachment 297427

Things was looking brilliant when we run a penalty, but Ayew put his spot-kick blazing over the bar. However early in the second half he made amends and put the goal in the back of the net! With Terry doubling the lead straight after. This win ensures we finish top of the group, and also send Malaga crashing out into the Europa League (Channel 5 Cup as someone recently wrote!)

View attachment 297428

Well there you have it, we are in the next round!! and thankfully Benfica aren't (god how i already hate playing them!!!)

Just to let you know Man City, A C Milan and Dortmund have failed to get past the group stage!!! looking forward to the draw now!

Champions League First Knock-Out Round Draw

View attachment 297435

There we have it, the draw for the First Knockout round, we have been drawn against Gladbach, with the 2nd leg being played at the bridge. The home support will play a big part in this double header and hopefully we can succeed. The rest of the ties are straight forward, brilliant for Celtic getting to this stage, especially as they had Barcelona and Manchester City in there group!! Roll on February and lets get this second hurdle out of the way to Chelsea FC retaining their trophy!

Domestic Update - November/December/January

Transfers!

View attachment 297471

Well......... where do i start, i couldn't pass on him. I was slightly annoyed that i had to pass his buy-out clause thought as he was transfer listed. I initially tried for £30m, till they counter offered to £50m plus Marko Marin!! Oh well, if i win the champions league it will be worth it & i won't have to worry about paying the money back!

With the outs, Marin just wouldn't get a chance in the team, and to be honest he probably wouldn't with the players we have. Lukaku has just got back from a 6 month injury and with the purchase of Falcao he wouldn't get a chance this season. Also Moses wanted 1st team experience.

Almost forgot, Llorente will be coming to Chelsea at the end of his current contract.

Fixtures

View attachment 297469

A good month in the league, where we only managed to lose two games against Everton and Aston Villa. Had a brilliant time against the Manchester, where we beat United in a 4-3 (below) never seen a player get an average rating of 3.6 before!! Also Falcao bagged a brace on his premier league debut against the champions.

View attachment 297472

This 3 month period also saw Chelsea FC miss out on a further 2 trophies, this time losing to Monterray on penalties in the Club World Championship, and also losing to Wolves in the FA cup 4th round.

Summary

View attachment 297470http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ons-league-challenge-chelsea-squad-1st-3m.jpghttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...gue-challenge-premier-league-table-1st-3m.jpgView attachment 297468

We are currently currently in the final champions league place and have a game in hand on top place Manchester United, who are currently 11 points ahead of me in the title race!! Need to pull my finger out now and hope that Man Utd drop a few points to help concede their leaf at the top of the table. It is worth noting Torres has been in good form this year (i had originally offered him to clubs in August for £10m, and there was no offers!!)

Looking good! Gladbach in the next round is a good draw!

Champions League First Knock-Out - 1st Leg

Gladbach 1 - 1 Chelsea
Luuk De Jong OG

View attachment 297482

Nothing to report from this game, it was even from start to finish, and the draw was the best result out of this game for both teams. We also have a vital away goal as well, which could come in handy at home.

Champions League First Knock-Out - 2nd Leg

Chelsea 2
- 1 Gladbach
Mata, Cole

View attachment 297483

A very good solid win, which puts us through to the Quarter Final!, we was in total control of this match, with Mata putting us ahead in the 1st half, then Cole putting us back in front. However Ashley Cole is suspended for the next game, however we are playing against!!

View attachment 297484

Some very good results in here that can favour us in the latter stages of the competition. Last year's finalists Bayern Munich have been knocked out by Turkish side Galatasaray (Boo!!), while European heavyweights Barcelona was knocked out by surprise package Montpeillier!!

Champions League Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 297485

We have been drawn against our english rivals in Manchester United with the first leg to be played at Stamford Bridge. This was one of tough ties, and unfortunately we will be playing one of the top seeds. That being said we have already played them this year and beat them 4-3, so lets hope that David De Gea has another off day and gets an average rating of 3.6 again!!

Elsewhere in the draw, Galatasaray are handed the mammoth task of facing Real Madrid, while Juventus face mega-rich PSG. The final draw has pitted Porto against French side Montpeillier!

Champions League Semi Final Draw

View attachment 297486

Fantastic draw!!! If we manage to knock out Manchester United we then face the task of either Porto or Montpeillier. This is the most preferable one, as i don't fancy having to come up against Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG so close to the final!

yes the semi final draw is good....but you'll have to beat man utd and they are always a tough team to beat...anyway love the story and hope you win :)

Champions League Quarter Final - 1st Leg

Chelsea 4 - 3 Man UTD
Lampard, Falcao, Ramires 2

View attachment 297598

A brilliant win in the first leg, however i would have liked it if Man UTD didn't get 3 away goals!! It looks like Man UTD came to kick our players off the park and picked up 5 yellows cards and a red. I thought it was going to be a frustrating affair when Valencia scored in the 89th minute, only for Ramires to go straight down the other end to ensure the win!!

Champions League Quarter Final - 2nd Leg

Man UTD 3 - 3 Chelsea
Ramires, Hazard, Torres

View attachment 297599

We have done it!! through to the semi finals! But we did have to work hard for it! Ramires started we he had finished with a goal in the first 5 minutes. But Utd hit back and went into a 2-1 lead. Things didn't last though and Hazard equalized for me, and then Torres got that all important 3rd goal!!

View attachment 297600

We face Montpeillier in the next round. I will have to be very wary of these have the have so far in this competition they have beaten Schalke, Barcelona and now FC Porto.

In the other round it is Real Madrid up against PSG

Last edited:
Champions League Semi Final - 1st Leg

Montpellier 1 - 2 Chelsea
Hazard, Falcao

View attachment 297641

A routine win here, with Hazard and Falcao put us in a 2-0 lead. With 2 vital away goals!!!

Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Chelsea 5 - 0 Montpeillier
Mata 4, Ayew

View attachment 297642

You might as well just call this the Juan Mata show, he really put Montpellier to the sword!! A game which we never looked like losing!! However bad news is Andre Ayew is suspended for the final, but he did manage to make a contribution and get the last goal of the game!!!

View attachment 297643

In the other tie, PSG beat Real Madrid 2-0 at the Bernabeu in the first leg, and hung on in the 2nd leg to a 1-0 defeat to ensure they are also through to the Champions League Final against Chelsea. This will be the 3rd French team i have played in this years cup and have a 100% win record against them!!

come on i kno u can do it...i bet this would be Stonecold's worse nightmare lol

Champions League Final

uefa-champions-league-trophy1.jpg

The time is finally here, the final!! can we successful defend the champions league final? We are up against super-rich PSG who have had a rapid rise up the ranks, and if this years champions league campaign is to go by, they can carry on competing for the next couple of years!! As you can see from the formations, i went for a more attacking formation, with both Torres and Falcao starting, with Oscar and Hazard on the wings. Mata would be my advanced playmaker, while Lampard will act as the enforcer and protection for the back four!! Kick-off time!!!

View attachment 298538

Kick-Off - Chelsea get their defense of the champions league under way

7 mins - Falcao crosses a ball into the box, Torres couldn't get there... Wait the referee has awarded a penalty. Torres was having his shirt pulled
8 mins - Up steps Frank Lampard.... He SCORES!!!! PSG 0 - 1 Chelsea
32 mins - Corner for PSG, it lands to Javier Pastores who fires a shot in low...GOAL!!! PSG 1 - 1 Chelsea
45 mins - The half time whistle's gone, the game can go either way here!
46 mins- Mata plays a wonderful ball down the middle to Falcao, he hits it first time... GOAL!!!!! PSG 1 - 2 Chelsea
90 mins - The full time whistle went!! its been boring in the 2nd half, but Chelsea have done it and retained the Champions League!!!

View attachment 298543

Sunday Mail: Well Alessandro you have done it, and brought the Champions League home... how do you feel?
AC: I'm absolutly delighted, my aim was to win the big one, and we did it in my first year. It reminds me the first time i won it at AC Milan, all the emotions, the fans going wild. Its brilliant! I'm sorry but i have to go and celebrate with my family. Thank you for your time.
Chelsea_Champions_League_trophy_parade_2012.jpg

Pre-Season Transfers!

View attachment 298551

We started the transfer window well by bringing in Fernando Llorente, he will rotate between Torres and Falcao to keep all of the strikers fit. I had to let Daniel Sturridge go on a free as he was asking for Ridiculous. I also brought in 2 defensive midfielders in Lars Bedner and Kevin Strootman. While selling Essien to Newcastle for £7m, and letting Romeu go on loan to them to gain valuable first team experience.

The last activities of the transfer window was bring in Jose Angel from Roma as cover for Ashley Cole, and will most probably make that position his own. The last bit of business was selling Kevin De Bruyne to Man Utd. I feel i have plenty of people in his position and it was for good money.

Champions League Draw:

View attachment 298550

Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen
Juventus
M. Tel-Aviv

Well at first glance it is a tough group and will be tough to get out of. Hopefully though i won't be there much longer to care about it!

breaking-news-for-web1.jpg

Chelsea manager Alessandro Costacurta has tendered his resignation amid speculation that the relation between himself and Roman Abrahmovic has broken down beyond breaking. Abrahmovic was seen just last week in a meeting with Pep Guardiola, while Alessandro is far from impressed with the secret meeting and doesn't want to ruin his reputation like many more before him. It comes to a shock to most, as they are performing well in the league and got 4 points from the opening 2 champions league games, including a draw against Juventus.

Alessandro Costacurta is currently unavailable to comment and would like to keep his distance while he plans his next step in management. Admirers will be keen to snap up the young manager after guiding Chelsea to the champions league title in just his first year in management.

More to follow shortly!!!​

I'm planning on keeping you all in suspense for my next adventure... update will be tonight (i think it is a team that people won't necessarily think about!!)

orite no bother lol i will update my story soon just need to finish the month...o and i made a big signing and he was dirt cheap