Hmm - that is clearly the right guy. I guess we discovered an error in the FM database then! (H)

Sorry, I'll let you get back to business and stop hijacking your thread now... ;)
Not a clue mate it is South Africa after all!! Haven't used any editor data like LFC Marshalls or something so guessing it is a fault on SI's part!

Haha no worries mate :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jomo Cosmos Reach South African FA Cup Final

juk_d8dOR_l.jpg

Jomo Cosmos have managed to reach the final of the South African FA Cup after a stunning 2-0 win over Orlando Pirates.

That win means they will face struggling Chippa United in the final. Here's the run they've had in the cup this season:

9fe43c477bff3d4aa8e67bff888b9b5b.png

January 2016 - May 2016

1388387914_3a7df.jpg

Good form continues in the league
Finances greatly improve
Kaizer Chiefs storm to league title

League Results

4a170c4ef8844281a3950ecf6be6ec8d.png

Just 4 losses in this period which goes to show how much we're improving I guess. Notable wins being the ones over Kaizer Chiefs on the final day where I rested our first team for the FA Cup final, snatching one over Tuks away from home, and beating Wits and Chippa United!! Only Orlando Pirates really gave us a whipping.

Final League Table

0d346327bec1be467e38e56a33e5592b.png

Finish up in 6th!! Not bad at all I'd say. If one of the teams who finished above us lost their manager I'd probably go for it as any of them are capable of winning the league. Kaizer Chiefs may have stormed it this year but its a funny old league when you look at how much has changed in one season. Chippa finished 3rd last year!!

Magic Sevens

4679a4bea3491751a8b138c176b56468.png

Few more than in the last update aye!! Gavin Hammers just missed out with an average rating of 6.99. Injuries to all my strikers throughout the season meant I never managed to settle on one in particular.

Player of the Season

Sandile Tati

5156c195ad80f34666e4ca90e952380e.png

Cracking player who's versatility has been a huge help for us this season. Form can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but can produce moments of pure brilliant from nothing.

WHAT NEXT?!?

Well we have the FA Cup final update to come but I'm not sure if I can take this side much further. I need a job to come up with the big boys soon, we get cracking youth intakes here but its a struggle with wage constrictions and players wanting to join bigger teams. Anyway we'll see what happens after the FA Cup final and over the summer.​

South African FA Cup Final

1135448170.jpg

So to wrap up this season we had the FA Cup Final. My first chance to win a half decent trophy I guess as I'm not counting winning the South African National Division.

Line Ups

a8b9ca0393c39add671e2bb2ffa009b7.png

Chippa were playing a strange looking 3 at the back formation with wing backs. Quite defensive. Also barring the wing backs relatively narrow too. I played my tried and trusted 4-3-3DM with Hammers up top we'd been enjoying a good goalscoring run. Radebe had become our number 1 this year with Ramkgasha refusing to sign a new contract and expecting to leave this summer.

Result

773f4c4f5f9030760dbbf11686c92298.png

So easy. We totally dominated them from start to finish. Hammers netting a hat-trick, Coulibaly scoring after Manyoni opened the scoring after just 10 minutes.

Continental Football Next Year!!

e805a2a2811095f1c40a03fd2feb7d25.png

I got so excited when I saw this. But it turns out its just basically the Europa League. But still it should give us some more money and a decent reputation boost.

Birch Goes For Pirates Job

d01057610ba83f647cd58570d9345224_412x367.jpg

Sam Birch has applied for the managers post at Orlando Pirates. The Buccaneers finished just one place above Jomo Cosmos last season and wont be playing continental football like his current club are next season.

A member of the Jomo Cosmos board has stated he hopes Birch stays put and carries on the fantastic work he's been doing over the past 2 seasons. But a source at Orlando Pirates has said the club are flattered to be linked with the English manager.

Orlando_Pirates_FC_(logo).png

Birch In Trouble As Orlando Pirates Hire Ngubane

7b4d6bd94d91d748abdf114b56de119b.png

Jomo Cosmos manager Sam Birch may not have a job for much longer after disappointing his current employers by applying for the vacant job at league rivals Orlando Pirates.

Sadly for Birch he didn't get the job and even declined talks with his current board when they wanted to try and persuade him to stay!! Only time will tell if he will keep his job at Jomo Cosmos..

...... you cant leave me on a clif like that after just getting into your story!!!

loving the read so far though

keep it coming

Birch Signs New Contract With Jomo Cosmos

484067559.jpg

Jomo Cosmos manager Sam Birch has signed a new 2 year contract.

The news comes after he was unsuccessful in applying for the managers position at Orlando Pirates. The Jomo Cosmos board never wanted to lose a manager of Birch's quality after everything he's achieved in the 2 years he's been at the club, including a first FA Cup win in 16 years for the club.

Mr Birch had this statement:

''Its no secret I applied for the managers position at Orlando Pirates but was unsuccessful. I'm grateful for the Jomo Cosmos board for understanding my ambition, I'm happy to announce the club plans to buy the stadium and improve our training facilities which is fantastic news as I look to take the club into continental competition as soon as possible. Winning the African Champions League is the target for the next 2 years.''

3add57bc6019606b520508434fba9cee.png

Winning the African Champions League is the target for the next 2 years.''

Ambitious! Given your success so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you did it, though... :D

Ambitious! Given your success so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you did it, though... :D
Very ambitious mate. But we've made a good start to this season and I wanna wrap up this African journey asap :)

Jomo Cosmos Win Super 8

a159cb2fdf8e30594bbc4dd0a1d9e1de.png

The 2016/17 season could be a very successful one for Jomo Cosmos if the Super 8 Cup is anything to go by. The Ezenkosi cruised to victory nearly every round of the competition beating League Champions Kaizer Chiefs 2-0 in a tight final. Goals from 19 year old youth team graduate Katlego Radebe from the spot and fellow youth graduate 16 year old Bheka Mazibuko in the 90th minute wrapped up a stunning cup win.

Fans of Jomo Cosmos have been given hope that the team could use this cup win to spur the team on to challenge for the title this season after a respectable first season back in the Premier League last year where they finished 6th.

August 2016 - January 2017

4452f7f479244c65a6cb6579996d3a21_412x367.jpg

Stunning league form puts us in contention for the title
Super 8 win boosts money
Shane Thompson forces through a move to Pirates

League Results

11abf295dbbc0cdcda1c99c227f14174.png

BOOM!! Undefeated so far in the league this season. Some stunning wins in there, most of all the ones over SuperSport, Black Aces, the Champions Kaizer Chiefs and Ajax CT. We've beaten the Kaizer Chiefs twice now this season. Should have won against Orlando Pirates too really after taking a 2-0 lead but we collapsed and to be honest before the start I'd have taken a point away from home to them anyway.

Table

c7e7cc805e9a9109e37bf148c9a37e18.png

Its still incredibly tight at the top!! Three points ahead of Kaizer Chiefs but a superior goal difference. Orlando Pirates were in the mix till they hit a touch of bad form recently. Kaizer Chiefs have been stupidly tight at the back but struggled a tad in front of goal. At the bottom of the table our legendary owner Jomo Sono got sacked by lowly Chippa United.

Magic Sevens

3dbbd9ca5ada89256219e354d706b271.png

A large number of our players have been outstanding for us this first half of the season. A number of young lads have impressed too. New signings Isaacs and Matuka have been outstanding. 18 year old winger Mkhize has taken that right winger role and made it his own. New striker Kadjo was immense before his injury and we really can't wait for him to come back.

Player of the Period

Katlego Radebe

96b4d82666f93b6f74cab9d4e3b3f5bc.png

The young centre back has been fantastic. Easily now my first choice centre back, pretty incredible development from the lad this season so far.​

Wigan Offer Birch Interview

f4045709cdf19752e11dd632734dfc9b.png

Wigan have offered Jomo Cosmos manager Sam Birch an interview for the vacant managers position. The English club sit 16th in the Sky Bet Championship but are suffering from financial woes off the pitch. The English manager applied for a job with the Orlando Pirates at the start of last season but was turned down. Birch has done a fantastic job with Jomo Cosmos this season with the team battling it for the title and competing in Continental football too in the African Confederation Cup.

Its unknown whether Birch will travel to England for talks with the Northern club.

Birch Declines Wigan Interview

whelan_3113338b.jpg

Jomo Cosmos manager Sam Birch has declined an interview with Championship side Wigan.

Birch stated he has ''unfinished business'' in South Africa but thanked Dave Whelan for the interest.

''I'm flattered a club with such great history and reputation like Wigan are interested in me but I will be remaining at Jomo Cosmos until my work here in Africa is finished. I stated during the season I want to win the Champions League over here before I move on and thats still my aim.''

January 2017 - May 2017

absa_premiership_trophy18052012hbp300.jpg

Eight points the difference in the end
Score a whopping 71 goals
Confederations Cup kicks off to a good start

League

I guess I should probably start with wrapping up how the division ended, last time out we were just ahead of Kaizer Chiefs in the title race with Orlando Pirates starting to fall behind... lets see how the second half of our season went anyway:

044b4bc86b69448c9f41419f02c9a99b.png

Two defeats chucked in but surely thats gotta be title winning form.. right?

c2af421c9df9a2b5031f6b971a6aa977.png

COURSE IT IS!!! BOOM!!! Record number of points too :)

Anyway winning the title ultimately leads to this little gem...

9be65df8d6d84af596a0cd3f106dde9f.png

Yeaaaah buddy, finally in the competition now we just have to win it!!

African Confederations Cup

e8ad6e638dfa5fd9ca8a9144eab8174e.png

So as well as the league this year we've been involved in the Confeds Cup which is kinda like the Europa League. We smashed through the early rounds, despite a hiccup against CA Bizerte who nearly knocked us out!! And we've won the first 3 games in our group very comfortably :)

738eb98e72af62034488c7edf41e4745.png

Magic Sevens

2fa4bc3e11825c9ac1144e12ea15b3bc.png

LOADS of the lads performed above a 7.00 rating. Special mention to Shakir Brenner who didnt make the list but notched 11 goals in 11 starts. But Kadjo is the guy who made the real difference for us this season. He's just a different class and if we can keep a hold of him for 2018's Champions League we're in with a chance I believe.

Player of the Season

Vangah Kadjo

403d000b6ff01711911d7a7738ccd58b.png

Might have hit 30 now but he's my big Ivorian beast.

Smashing it mate - good luck in the champions league!

Nicely done in premiership now go for champions league! Or maybe end this south africa and move to another continent!

Nicely done in premiership now go for champions league! Or maybe end this south africa and move to another continent!
Champions League first mate then on to Asia probably :)

Smashing it !mate - good luck in the champions league!
Thanks man, built a solid team here so fingers crossed!