Taking on the Ultimate Champions League Challenge

wr1097

Reaction score
View attachment 316069

What is the challenge?

The challenge, essentially, is to win the UEFA Champions league at least once with all 22 clubs that have won it before. This challenge was pretty popular over the last 2 editions of the game, although I have yet to see a thread this year.

This challenge offers players the chance to manage the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and also forces them to endure the hardships in bringing a team like Steaua or Red Star to the top.

I hope to complete this challenge for the first time, having had to give up halfway through on FM13.

Wish me luck!

Manager Profile

View attachment 316067

View attachment 316066

I have decided to start as a young Spanish manager with the highest qualifications.
As you can see from the attributes, I have moved towards the tactical side because I feel that would be better for jobs where I have to stay for only a year or two.

Where to first?

View attachment 316065

I took the easy way out and opted for Barcelona. The only other options would have been Bayern and Real Madrid, but with the attack that Barcelona have and with Luis Suarez's arrival in October, I hope to complete the first leg of the challenge in Season 1 itself.

View attachment 736196

2014-15

Preseason 2014

We had friendlies lined up with teams from around the world

View attachment 316061

All in all, it was an excellent pre-season with no shortage of goals. My plan is definitely to outscore my opponents, although that may be a problem in the later stages of the Champions League.

Transfers

View attachment 316060

Alessandro Florenzi

View attachment 316059

Florenzi was brought in to provide cover across midfield, since he can play in a number of positions. £10 million upfront seems like a bargain, considering I sold Adriano for the same price.

Yohan Guillaud

View attachment 316058

I was pleased to find this lad on the cheap. Hopefully, he can step up for the club in the next few years.

Injury Table (end of pre-season)

View attachment 316055

A couple of minor injuries (Neymar's carrying over from the World Cup) - unfortunately, our captain suffered a knock in the final pre-season game, which further justifies my decision to bring Florenzi to the club.

Expected First-team squad

View attachment 316054

View attachment 316053

This is what I expect my first-team squad to be for this season, barring any departures in the last week of the window. The squad has good depth in all positions, and is certainly capable of challenging for the Champions League.

We kick off our Liga BBVA campaign at home against Elche.

View attachment 736238

2014-15

August 2014

Liga BBVA Matchday 1

View attachment 316041

A perfect opening day...I couldn't have asked for more!

Champions League Draw

View attachment 316040

It's a relatively easy group. My only concern is our away game at Germany. If we can get past that, this group should be a cakewalk.

Before the 2nd game against Villareal, this popped up...

View attachment 316039

I did not want to lose the wonderkid, but I was not going to cave in to his demands of a role as a key player in the squad. In the end, he was loaned out to Inter Milan with the promise to review the situation in a year. I have decided to bring in Jean-Marie Dongou from the "B" team as a backup.

Liga BBVA Matchday 2

View attachment 316038

Another good game, with our midfield chipping in with 2 good goals.

------

It's been a good start to life in Spain. Hopefully, the coming months will pose no problems.