Taking over from a legend... Who can lead United forward???

Ganny

Reaction score
Please take a look and comment! Thanks

bbcsports.png

Manchester United's legendary manager retires!

Sir Alex Ferguson, the most decorated manger ever in club football history, has suddenly retired, 24 after taking the reigns at Manchester United.

The 68 year old Scot, who has been a somewhat contraversial figure in the world of football, has been labeled as the mastermind who transformed Manchester United from a well-known national squad to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Sir Alex, who has repeatedly talked about retiring in the past few years, finally decided late last night to hand in his regisnation.

The Manchester United board has already started the hunt to lead them forward, having planned for this eventuality. Names such as Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello, Martin O'Neil and David Moyes have been touted, but it is unclear who could finally end up being head of one of the world's most sucessful clubs.

Last edited:
bbcsports.png

Manchester United appoint new manager!

Only hours after legend Sir Alex Ferguson retired, the Man Utd board quickly appointed his sucessor.

Former international footballer Matthew Gan has been appointed to lead United forward. It's hoped that Gan can lead United forward into a new era, one after Sir Alex left.

Players have already come to give their new manager their support, with players like Rooney, Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand all looking forward to the new challenges that will face them.

A news conference was held so that the new manager could address the media.
Gan: "I'm delighted to be able to have this opportunity to manage one of my favourite teams!"
BBC: "What is your overall approach to the tactical side of the game?"
Gan: "I like to play open, free-flowing attacking football."
FourFourTwo: "New managers often bring about change and upheaval and some might fear for their jobs. Will there be changes?"
Gan: "There wil be some changes, yes."
BBC: "Do you think that the current setup is sufficient or will you be making some changes?'''
Gan:
"The current setup should allow me to be sucessful."

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

bbcsports.png

New Manchester United manager dives into the transfer market!

New Manchester United manager Matthew Gan was today given a transfer budget of £80m. Like a kid in a sweet shop, the new manager first rushed to boslter his frontline with two new big money signings,
Sergio Agüero for £52m from Atlético Madrid
and Edin Džeko for £28m+clauses with VfL Wolfsburg. Both players are looking forward to the challenge of the Premier League and are looking forward to playing alongside world-renowned forward Wayne Rooney.

In other transfer news, Manchester United have reportedly made bids for Standard's Steven Defour, Everton's Jack Rodwell and Sparta Prague's Václav Kadlec
. All clubs have currently refused to comment on the state of the transfer bids, saying that it was an 'internal matter'. Manchester United have also reportedly offered contracts to Inter Milan's Luca Treomlada and LA Galaxy duo Landon Donovan and former United legend David Beckham.

A number of players have been offered to several clubs, such as Zoran Tošić (Transfer), striker Michael Owen (Transfer), Dimitar Beratov (Transfer), Anderson (Loan), Danny Welbeck (Loan), Fabian Brandy (Transfer) and Tom Heaton (Transfer). A number of backroom staff have also been released on mutal agreement or have had their roles within the club shifted, as in the case of Mike Phelan who has just signed a coaching contract to let Italian Italio Galibati come in as the new assistant manager.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:22 AM ----------

bbcsports.png

New Manchester United manager completes friendlies... But makes catastrpohic mistake in the transfer market!

New Manchester United manager Matthew Gan yesterday led Manchester United to victory in their final friendly over Antwerp away, where they won 0-4 in a convincing fashion. This was their final pre-season game before the Community Shield against Chelsea, but signs are looking good, as they won all of their friendlies beforehand, inlcuding a 0-1 friendly cup final victory against Celtic at Celtic Park.

However, hours after returning to Manchester, the new manager made a mistake and allowed right back John O'Shea to move to Palmero on seaon long loan for around £2m, with Palmero having the option to sign him for £15m.

The new manager was instantly slammed by Rio Ferdinand, who expressed amazement at letting the only experienced natural right back go. With no players to cover, it is feared that the right back position could be exploited by teams throughout the season.

The new manager's excuse? ''I replied to a text and wasn't paying attention. I thought
I was saying yes to marrying my girlfriend. Unfortunately, she doesn't want to marry me and I've now lost my best right back!!'''

The manager is now trying to rack up his brains as to what to do, since he has now spent almost all his transfer budget, spending another £5m on Benfica's
Ángel di María, while bringing in Inter's Luca Tremolada for around £2m in compensation and buying both Standard's Steven Defour and Everton's Jack Rodwell for £15m.

Man Utd have also managed to capture LA Galaxy duo Landon Donovan and David Beckham on free transfers. They will join the club in January 2010. They are still waiting, however, for Sparta Prague's
Václav Kadlec to either accept or reject the contract they've offered him.

With only £2m left to him in transfer budgets, the manager is seriously considering using veteran right back Gary Neville to fill in that position while he waits for next transfer market to bring in a more permanent solution.

Last edited:
I like this mate I'll defo be following :) shame about O'Shea, have a look at Alan Hutton for your right back solution if its only a little while you need cover ;)

Well, nice start and signings. Guess who just got his story a new follower ? ;)

I like this mate I'll defo be following :) shame about O'Shea, have a look at Alan Hutton for your right back solution if its only a little while you need cover ;)

Thanks for the advice, but I'll need probably a permanent solution, so I'll probably have Rafael, Hargreaves and Brown in there. Still, I'll take a look at him.

Get Diego Renan. He will not disapoint you. Your future RB(worldclass in few years). He is now better then Rafael and will get way better

I use Brown and Rafael in rotation in my Man Utd save, just finished first season. Brown does a brilliant job by the way so the RB position is actually covered.

A very very cheap option is Ondrej Kusnir, young and has pretty good stats if you really don't trust Brown. I got him on my Deportivo save for a mere 1.8m.

Like I said, Brown does the job immensly well and Rafael will develop very well too.

P.S. 52m for Aguero??? jebus, I just got him 10 mins ago for 19m + Welbeck + Fabio (2 players I think are a surplus since I have Dodo now in 2nd season)

Get Diego Renan. He will not disapoint you. Your future RB(worldclass in few years). He is now better then Rafael and will get way better

He's a natural LB, isn't he? I got him on loan in my other (corrupted) save. Besides, I've pretty much signed Alan Hutton anyway.

EDIT: Oh well, just got Renan for £9m. But because the transfer window is closing, he failed to get a permit, so now I can't play him and I can't loan him out to Antwerp.

bbcsports.png

Manchester United win the Community Shield and beat Liverpool at Old Trafford! (August's roundup)

MU v Chelsea (Community Shield, 1-0)
In August, New Manchester United manager Matthew Gan has led his team to victory over Chelsea at Wembley. In what was a tight game, new Manchester United signing Edin
Džeko won the game with a stunning strike on 71 mintues. The game was tense, but Man Utd managed to nudge themselves over the line!

MU v Hull (EPL, 2-0)
The first game for Manchester United in the Premier League was Hull at home. Goals from Nani (36') and Darren Fletcher (76') secured a good, solid home win. However, the match soured by a injury to Wes Brown, who suffered fratcured ribs and would be out for the next 4 weeks.

MU v Liverpool (EPL, 2-1)
The next game was their main rivals Liverpool at Old Trafford. Liverpool, who were the underdogs according to the bookies, were without their talismanic captain, Steven Gerrard. Manchester United recalled Nemanja Vidic, who had missed all of the pre-season due to an ankle injury and had only come back to fitness.

However, the game was indeed tense, as all games are between these two northern giants, but Manchester United made a breakthrough in the 51st minute, when Sotiris Kyrgiakos tripped Wayne Rooney, which landed him with a yellow card and gave Manchester United a penalty. Wayne Rooney confidently stepped up, but Reina saved it.

With the match looking like a stalemate and Nemanja Vidic tiring, the Manchester United manager made a bold move, taking off Vidic and putting on
Edin Džeko to partner Wayne Rooney in attack after 57 minutes. This was a risky move as it left Man Utd with only 1 centre back and 3 defenders, but it paid off.

On 65 mintues, Nani flew down the left hand side and pumped the ball into the box for
Edin Džeko to dive down and head past Reina into the net. And 4 minutes later, Antonio Valencia chipped a simple ball from behind the halfway line for Edin Džeko to run onto. He ran and ran and ran until he was one-on-one with the keeper and then he put the ball past Reina and into the net. There was a consolation goal for Liverpool, scored by Fernando Torres in stoppage time, but by that time it was too late and Man Utd has won a vital victory against their rivals, but at a cost of losing Patrice Evra to injury.

Birmingham City v MU (EPL, 1-4)
Their last game of the month came against Birmingham City away. Man Utd, who were confident after the victory against Liverpool, won with connsumate ease, putting 4 past keeper Joe Hart. A stunning 25-yard strike for new signing
Sergio Agüero, his first in a red shirt, an embarassing own goal for Barry Ferguson and a goal for Wayne Rooney, all before half-time. After half time, Rooney put in a second, but Birmingham did manage to get a consolation goal after 80 minutes through a brilliant freekick from Ross Wallace.

Manager of the Month
The manager of the month award went to Everton's
David Moyes, after winning all 3 of their league games, including a 1-0 victory against Chelsea, while Manchester United's new manager Matthew Gan, came a close second.

Transfer news
In transfer news, before the transfer window closed, a couple of new players were brought in. 17 year old midfielder Matthew Gan (Yes, I edited myself into the game lol :p) was captured on a free transfer, while young Spanish winger Francisco moved from Villarreal for £1.8m compensation.
Václav Kadlec will join Manchester United in July 2010, after the manager thought it would be a better idea to let the young forward gain some more experience, while Diego Renan was captured from Cruzerio for £9m. However, Renan failed to get a work permit and as his deal was done on deadline day, Man Utd were unable to appeal or loan him out.

However, several players did go out on loan: Tom Heaton (MK Dons, option to buy for £800K), Michael Owen (Sunderland for £600k, option to buy for £3.4m), Ron-Robert Zieler (Antwerp), David Gray (Dunfermline, option to buy for £1m), Anderson (At. Madrid),
Zoran Tošić (Málaga for £350k, option to buy for £3.5m), Febian Brandy (Stockport), James Chester (Rotherham), Oliver Norwood (Chesterfield, option to buy for £1m), Danny Welbeck (Middlesbrough) and Matthew Gan (Exeter).

Injuries
Manchester United have something of an injury crisis, with injuries to players like Patrice Evra, Wes Brown, Davide Petrucci, Edwin van der Sar, Rafael, Fabio and
Gabriel Obertan. The main worry is that there is no cover now for the full back positions, so therefore the Manchester United manager is apparently considering using Gary Neville or Owen Hargreaves at RB, while Jonny Evans will be filling at LB.

Last edited:
Kiking it mate, shame you cant play Renan, noticed you went with my Hutton advice nearly haha :) Keep it going this is great :)

Good story, but how did you get 80m, did you edit it?

Superb story you got going mate. Normally do not like Utd ones but you have me interested

good signings, i see our united carrers being very different but thtas good cause then there is 2 very different stories to enjoy instead of simular.

By the way it might be little late but if you still need a RB then try Luke Young from Aston Villa or Ferriea from Chelsea as a short term replacement until Rafael develops. they would also be quite cheap.

if he is using stu update united get 127million please show screen shots of league cups groups etc good story so far.

OK, I will admit, I did edit my transfer budget later to get some more money (About another £30m, I think). But that's all.

I'm now adding screenshots of the results of my games, which you can see by clicking on the scores.

bbcsports.png

Shaky start to European campaign... But convincing 2nd match win! (Setptember's roundup)

Fulham v MU (0-1, EPL)

A fairly shaky away game against a plucky Fulham who played quite well defensively, but failed to put much pressure on the Manchester United defence. A brilliant header from defensive rock Nemanja Vidic got Man Utd the precious 3 points.

MU v Blackburn (3-0, EPL)

A solid win at home against Blackburn. A brace from Wayne Rooney and a first goal from £52m signing
Sergio Agüero made for a convincing win at home, good for morale ahead of our first European game.

Dinamo Kiev MU (1-1, CL)

A disappointing draw, even if it was away from home. The first half was fairly quiet as it appeared that players such as
Ángel di María, Sergio Agüero and Wayne Rooney seemed to be overawed by the occasion and did not perform. But, early in the second half, Antonio Valencia struck to put in his first ever goal for United.

However, Artem Milevskyi captialised on some pretty poor marking with a fantasic shot from the edge of the area, which flew from the right hand side into the top left corner.

And just when the Man Utd players looked to be gaining an advantage, they got another one, Ognjen Vukojevic sent off with just over 20 minutes to play. However, try as they might, the Red Devils failed to capitalise on their advantage.

Tottenham v MU (0-4, EPL)

A convincing win to banish the horrible game that was played mid-week. A changed lineup came out and tried to prove that they should've been played instead. And they did play.

After only 4 mintues,
Edin Džeko capitalised on a rather badly mistimed header from Ledley King to poke a point-blank header into the net. After very good work from Steven Defour down the right hand, Nani only had to poke the ball past Gomes after Defour delivered a brilliant cross into the area after 24 minutes.

Man Utd were given a huge advantage after Assou-Ekotto was sent off for a horrible challenge on Antonio Valencia after 29 minutes.
Edin Džeko put away a penalty after 40 mintues when Nani, after being played in with a great ball from Steven Defour, was brought down in the box by Vedran Corluka.

And to wrap it all up, Steven Defour, who had been the best player on the pitch, scored on 63 minutes after
Edin Džeko's shot was deflected into his path.

Millwall v MU (0-4, LC)

A good cup win against weaker opposition who did not pose much of a test.
Ángel di María scored his first goal in a red shirt after 31 minutes, then again after 45+1 minutes. Defour, who was again in good form, scored a screamer from the edge of the area after 52 minutes. And late substitute Wayne Rooney, who was sent on to support Federico Macheda in attack scored a close range, tight angle screamer on 84'.

Portsmouth v MU (0-2, EPL)

A solid win away from home. A second half brace from Wayne Rooney on 51' and 70' secured another win.

MU v CSKA Moscow (3-0, CL)

A solid win at home to kick start a anti-climatic start to the European campaign. Early on, after good work from
Sergio Agüero in the centre, Nani took a shot from the edge of the area which went screaming into the top right hand corner after 2 minutes.

Things got better for United, after after 10 minutes, Evra, in an advanced position wide left, passed into the centre for Darren Fletcher, who ran forward, then struck a curling shot from outside the area, which Akinfeev could only palm onto the bottom of the crossbar and into the net. Nani then completed the scoring with a freekick close to the area on 25 minutes.

Manager of the Month

Again, Everton's David Moyes won the manager of the month after leading his team to victory in all their league games. New Man Utd manager Matthew Gan came second. Surprisingly, Man Utd are on top of Everton in the league, due to goal difference; however, both clubs have won all 7 of their games.

Transfer news

In transfer news, Man Utd's young signing Luca Tremolada went on a 3 month loan to Scunthorpe.

Injuries

Man Utd's RB problem was solved somewhat with the return of Owen Hargreaves's return to full fitness and
Rafael's comeback from injury. Edwin van der Sar is also close to making a return from injury. Both Patrice Evra and Fabio have also made returns after a short absence. Davide Petrucci, who is currently in the reserve squad, has returned after 3 months out with a hip injury.

Another top update mate. Could you maybe show screen shots of leagues etc like mentioned before. other wise well done