Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
I've been managing Spurs and won the EPL in my first season, and the Champions League in the second. Halfway through the 3rd season I was approached by Inter. I took the job but found it's quite a challenge. They are 8th in the league and team morale isn't great. One of the most annoying things is they are not use to any formation. I've setup 3, including the 1 they started off with, but they find them all awkward. I've so far played 3 games, losing 1-0 to Juve, 0-0 with Man City and lost 2-0 Milan, which was made worse because they are also struggling. Sneijder and Eto look very poor. Does anyone have any hints for taking over big clubs that are struggling? I had a similar problem in an old Spurs save where I took over Liverpool.

Juve, Man U, and Milan aren't games that just anyone wins.. It takes a lot longer than 3 games for a team to learn a formation. Patience.

Yes mate, like I say I won the EPL and Champions League in my first 2 seasons with Spurs, I do have some understanding of how the game works. I'm asking for advice on taking over at a club who are under performing and morale is low. I was hoping for some guidance of setting up a style of play, formation etc.

I use this FileBox its raikans 4312 with some tweaks you should also do to suit you.<br>I started using it in 2010 and now Im in 2012 and its still strong. I rarely lose.
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g354/ludacris06/Untitled-1.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g354/ludacris06/Untitsled.jpg Btw you shouldnt use 2 poachers.. I just dont have any other players available atm.<br>I had even even more goals scored in 1st season but I dunno how to find pic of that. I had milito paired with etoo :D both poachers  I think.<br>shouts are work in the box and pass into space<br>a few transfer tips: buy Hummels he is a BEAST and you need replacements for your (many) old players. I had hummels attack near post and corner crosses go there too and he scores quite often. He'll grow very well. Also I recommand Sandro to replace Chivu, Rodwell for Zaneti, Santon for Maicon. Keep your eye on Coutinho as he will replace Sneijder. Oh and Ranocchia might be wanted (Boss sold him last season to Tottenham for 14mil). Do not let this happen as he grows very well. If it happens buy Varane or Douglas Costa.<br>It would be very smart to focus on youngsters as you will need replacements. Inter team is very old.

Play a mid week game against a nothing team, play your entire first team and destroy them. That always raises morale. Try playing some of the "lesser players" who are in form, rather than the "bigger players" who are out of form.

Interact with2 of your key players and ask for a recommendation on who to sign. Sign them. Another way to build relationships and raise players morale.

Play a mid week game against a nothing team, play your entire first team and destroy them. That always raises morale. Try playing some of the "lesser players" who are in form, rather than the "bigger players" who are out of form.

Interact with2 of your key players and ask for a recommendation on who to sign. Sign them. Another way to build relationships and raise players morale.

I tried the easy friendly tactic a while back. I was managing Spurs and we had a few bad results and morale dropped. So I setup a friendly against someone like Stevenage, we drew 1-1! But I managed to turn things around and went onto win the league.

It's difficult to turn it around in less than a season, but whenever I've taken over a big club who are struggling, the board don't set me any targets until the next season. So I use that first one to get my players used to a tactic, and also get them to earn their place. At the very least if you're still struggling by the end of the season you can feel justified in a complete overhaul!

irl, inter goes with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, and the strikers are actually make shift wingers, and the amc supports teh attack.
while the cdm and one cm closes down players, and the other cm supporting the amc.

is the gissupe mazza pitch wide oo narrow. i think narrow. ?

irl, inter goes with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, and the strikers are actually make shift wingers, and the amc supports teh attack.
while the cdm and one cm closes down players, and the other cm supporting the amc.

is the gissupe mazza pitch wide oo narrow. i think narrow. ?

Try a 4-4-2 with a diamond shape. I feel this works best for me when im under pressure, especially if iv'e lost a couple of games straight. It depends on the team. I always set up all my formations before the seasons started. so i suggest making this formation and playing short and narrow (direct). Use the manager shout/instruction: Work Ball into Box.. your players will get into the best goalscoring positions and take their chances when they feel confident.

This is just a suggestion, but it works for me.
If you do try this, let me know how you go.

Try a 4-4-2 with a diamond shape. I feel this works best for me when im under pressure, especially if iv'e lost a couple of games straight. It depends on the team. I always set up all my formations before the seasons started. so i suggest making this formation and playing short and narrow (direct). Use the manager shout/instruction: Work Ball into Box.. your players will get into the best goalscoring positions and take their chances when they feel confident.

This is just a suggestion, but it works for me.
If you do try this, let me know how you go.

that pretty much is the same, but when u say 4-4-2 diamond or deep, etc, it implies using WINGERS. inter donest have a good Winger player, but they have eto, millito , and panzani as make shift wingers. so when they counter attack, senjider has options to pass out wide to etoo, who will be in the left, or millito, who will be in the right. but they dont play as wingers btw, but to make use of the pitch, they spread out wide.

that pretty much is the same, but when u say 4-4-2 diamond or deep, etc, it implies using WINGERS. inter donest have a good Winger player, but they have eto, millito , and panzani as make shift wingers. so when they counter attack, senjider has options to pass out wide to etoo, who will be in the left, or millito, who will be in the right. but they dont play as wingers btw, but to make use of the pitch, they spread out wide.

I just suggested the formation for that situation. Transfers will have to be made, or having a specific player learn and master a certain position helps. But, even if i play a player slightly out of position, it still works most of the time. I think playing a short, manchester united style game will work best. When needing to get out of a losing streak.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

also, on that bolded note. I meant it as a narrow/short passing style formation. So it doesnt imply the use of wingers.

ahh didnt see that . lmao my bad.

my ideas are based on when Mourihno took over inter and won teh CL. now gaspereni plays abit openly, after buying ricky alverez

ahh didnt see that . lmao my bad.

my ideas are based on when Mourihno took over inter and won teh CL. now gaspereni plays abit openly, after buying ricky alverez

Thats cool.
Yeah, it would play a little more open.

the worryng part is if sejider leaves. inter might find it hard to create chances.