Taking The Reigns - A Geoff Horsfield Story

robbo9292

Reaction score
View attachment 339481

Taking The Reigns - A Geoff Horsfield Story

Geoffrey Malcolm "Geoff" Horsfield (born 1 November 1973) is an English former professional footballer and football coach, who is now playing for Alvechurch in the Midland Football Alliance. He made more than 300 appearances in the Football League playing as a striker.

He was a "strong and forceful" player, able to hold the ball up in order to bring other players into the game. Horsfield made his Football League debut with Scarborough as a teenager. Released by the club, he returned to part-time football with Halifax Town, Guiseley and Witton Albion, before a second spell at Halifax saw him help the club regain their Football League status. He moved on to Fulham, with whom he achieved promotion to the First Division, before joining Birmingham City for a club record fee. He played in the final of the 2001 League Cup with Birmingham, and the following season helped them reach the Premier League.

After a short period at Wigan Athletic in 2003, he joined West Bromwich Albion, with whom he again won promotion to the Premier League. In 2006, he moved to Sheffield United, but much of his time there was spent on loan to other clubs, namely Leeds United, Leicester City and Scunthorpe United. Horsfield announced his retirement from football in 2008 after being diagnosed with testicular cancer, but after successful treatment he resumed his career, signing a six-month contract for Lincoln City in January 2009. In July of that year he was appointed player-assistant manager at Port Vale under Micky Adams, and the following summer he took up coaching full-time, before leaving the game completely in May 2012. In March 2013 he returned to playing football for Alvechurch. Following his short time with Alvecurch, Horsefield decided to continue his career as a football manager.

View attachment 339560
View attachment 339561

Steve Burr Leaves Kidderminster Harriers

After finishing sixth in the Blue Square Bet Premier in the previous season, Steve Burr took the decision to resign as the manager of Kidderminster Harriers with immediate effect. Steve Burr sent a message to the Kidderminster Harriers fans thanking them for the continued support during his time as manager of the Harriers.

Chairman Mark Serell commented on the situation thanking Steve for all he did during his time as manager of the club and has stated that a replacement will be found swiftly. Names already linked to the position include Mark Yates, Stuart Watkiss and Richard O'Kelly.​

View attachment 339573

Kidderminster Harriers Appoint Geoff Horsfield

Kidderminster Harriers Chairman, Mark Serell has made a swift appointment in hiring Geoff Horsfield as the manager of the Harriers for the forthcoming, 2012/13 season in the Blue Square Premier.

View attachment 339574

Pre-Season

First Team Upon Arrival
View attachment 339577

Upcoming Fixtures
View attachment 339576

Transfers In

View attachment 339575

Results
View attachment 339578

As you can see the Rochdale win was quite a big win, beating those bigger teams should have gave a bit of momentum for the final friendly but a draw in that match was fine, now onto the season ahead.

First Month Fixtures
View attachment 339579

good luck mate, I've done a kiddy save and got them to the prem with back to back promotions from the blue square prem > league 1, make sure you play marvin johnson and anthony malbon as often as you can

Season One - August 2012

Results
View attachment 339674
Following 4 draws in the first matches a win on the final game of the month was just the thing i was after to push me up the league slightly.

League Table
View attachment 339672
As you can see with the league after the first 5 games i'm 11th in the league which isn't great but with being undefeated its better than being close to the bottom.

Team Player Of The Month
View attachment 339673
Josh Gowling is my choice of player of the month for the team as he has the highest average rating out of the team so far having only played 4 matches.

Next Month Fixtures
View attachment 339675

Yet again we have quite a congested fixture list for the following month. I'm hoping that some of these matches will be wins continuing the form from the Forest Green Rovers match, it is going to be a long season ahead to try and finish in the top however i believe that i can get the team there.​

Season One - September 2012

Goal of the Month

Results came in for the goal of the month and luckily it was awarded to one of my players. Unfortunately there is no Manager of the Month, Player of Young Player of the month for anyone in my team, however i'm looking to improve that.
View attachment 340315

Results

Keeping in mind its quite a hectic fixture list i'm very pleased how we did with these results. Losing in the first match wasn't what i hoped, and the Cambridge result was unlucky.
View attachment 340314

League Table

However as you can see the results had pushed us up to the sixth spot in the league. Compared to where we were previously this is a good push up the table plus we are only sixth points of top spot so its a pretty tight league at the start of the season.
View attachment 340313