VS Derby ( A ) 0-0
images

Wolves Drop points at the Derby Ground
143260223_extra_large.jpg

Line up: 4-2-4/4-4-2 Hennesey Ward Berra Johnson Foley (Kusnir 70') O'Hara Henry Kightly Hunt (Jarvis 45) Doyle (Sigurdarson 45') Fletcher

I was expecting a win and a few players were poor, Doyle was the worst I've seen any of my players play.It was a horrible scrappy game and this is not the way I want my players to play. There are many good points to take- our defence produced a perfect performance not letting Derby get a shot on goal.

MOTM- Steve Ward turned heads with his grit and ran more than anybody else. He ensured the clean sheet today, making 8 tackles and 10 interceptions he is clearly trying to show the gaffer what he's made of.​

VS Crystal Palace ( H ) 3-0
crystal-palace-fc.jpg

Wolves win by three in a thriller.
Line up: 4-4-2 Hennessey, Stearman (Kusnir 45) Johnson Berra Elokobi Henry Milijas Kightly Jarvis Doyle (SEB 45)
Scorers: Doyle (45), SEB (62) Fletcher (79)

A stunning attacking display by us countered by a Dunkirk style defence from Crystal Palace created a great game with lots of chances. The first half was a real exhibition of our creativity but showed our lack of finishing. We finally grabbed a goal from Kevin Doyle on the stroke of half-time when he reached a ball over the defence.

In the second half we upped the tempo and Palace's defence looked like they were cracking and if it wasn't for their keeper-Julian Speroni- they would have been beaten at least 2 more times. We got our second after a neat run by Ebanks-Blake. Fletcher wrapped it up with a real poacher's goal from 5 yards out.

MOTM: Ebanks-Blake turned the game around and his movement caused havoc for the wary Palace defence.
The video quality can be increased to 1080p
[video=youtube;WAXr2hj19WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXr2hj19WI[/video]

i know it is your story but i liked it more the other way as im not a big reader but good start and KUTGW

VS Bolton (A) 3-2
Wolves come on top to end Bolton's 100% record
images

Game Preview:

Expectations: Lose
Line Up:
Hennesey
Foley (Kusnir 86)
Johnson,
Berra,
Ward,
Henry
O'Hara,
Kightly,
Hunt (Jarvis 86),
Fletcher,
SEB ( Doyle 86)

The Game:

A thrilling game which contained 2 teams who are looking for promotion; before the game Bolton had a great 100% record and Wolves unbeaten.
The game was balanced but Wolves just edged the game. Wolves in the 2nd half had a chance to make it 4-1 but Fletcher missed the spot kick. This game definately lived up to the hype

The Review:

Scorers: Fletcher 25, Foley 43, O'Hara 73, Knight 57, Davies 89
Stats:
CCC: 2/1
Possession: 58%/42%
Shots: 12/6
Media:
A surprising win from Wolves who dominated the game. Alexander seems to be building a team that plays exciting attacking football- in some parts it looked like he was playing a 2-4-4.
MOTM:
Foley, he played like Cafu, he really doesn't want to give up his place in the side
Manager's review:
We played the right football today, it was pleasant on the eye and resembled the football Arsenal produced in 2003/2004 season.

[video=youtube;d_n8Kclm5n8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_n8Kclm5n8&feature=plcp[/video]

VS Dagenham and Redbridge (H) 5-1
League Cup 2nd Round
Dagenham-Redbridge-icon.png

Wolves deliver an expected win
Line-Up: Hennessey, Kusnir (Stearman 73), Ward, Batth, Berra, Henry, Milijas, Jarvis, Kightly, SEB, Fletcher.
Scorers: Fletcher (14), Jarvis (49), Milijas (55), SEB (61, 63), Gain (10)
Wolves come into this match with their fans expecting nothing less than a solid win and Wolves duly delivered despite an early scare.

Dagenham and Redbridge opened the scoring early on with Gain curling a beautiful shot into the corner. Fletcher replied by scoring a penalty on the 14th minute. They went into the break level.
It seemed they had a good telling of at half time. They truly dominated the second half scoring 4 goals.
In the whole game we had 71% possession. That is very nice and promising, Steven Fletcher caused havoc to the poor defence that is Dag and Red. I'm glad we showed them our class.
MOTM: Steven Fletcher for his intelligent movement and hunger for the ball.
[video=youtube;3S3WfCmlaMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3WfCmlaMc[/video]​

VS Charlton (H) 4-0
Charlton-Athletic-icon.png

Wolves Stay On Track With Convincing Win

Line Up: Hennessey, Foley, Ward, Johnson, Berra, Henry, O'Hara, Kightly, Jarvis, Doyle (SEB 55), Fletcher
Goals: Jarvis (33), Solly OG (39), Fletcher 53,SEB 69,
We came into this game expecting a win against newly promoted Charlton especially as we were in 1st place.
Wolves started very brightly with a good goal from Jarvis and we forced a mistake from Charlton's defence which led to an own goal

The pressure continued early on in the second half with Fletcher hitting the bar. Fletcher then managed to put the ball in the net. Ebanks-Blake kept up his scoring record with another goal. Our dominance was shown with Charlton only managing one shot on target.
MOTM: Fletcher for running the show up top

[video=youtube;9A-5Fc2K6GI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-5Fc2K6GI[/video]​

Last edited:
End of Month Review
August
Awards:
Player of the Month: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Young Player of the Month: Jason Steele
Manager of the Month: Matthew Alexander!
Song of the Month:
[video=youtube;HgzGwKwLmgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM[/video]
Team Stats:

1024x596.resizedimage

Player Stats:

1024x596.resizedimage

League Table:

1024x596.resizedimage

Transfers:
We had a small clear-out- it's going to be bigger next summer!
1024x596.resizedimage

Gaffer's monthly tweet
I am delighted with the start I have got here-UNBEATEN! All this and I made a profit in transfers. It was a quiet transfer window but the revolution will gather pace.

Last edited:
VS Barnsley (A) 3-0
Barnsley%20FC.png

Wolves destroy Barnsley at top of table clash.
Line-Up:
Hennessey, Foley, Ward, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, O'Hara, Kightly, Jarvis, Doyle , Fletcher
Scorers: Jarvis (2,27), Kightly (65)
We came into this game knowing it will be a vital 6 pointer with Barnsley in 2nd. Both teams were on the same winning streak. That will end.
The game made a perfect start with Jarvis scoring a goal after a tremendous through ball by Fletcher. He then scored another after he stole the ball from a defender.
In the second half Kightly scored a neat volley from a great cross from Fletcher. Chances continued to come but our finishing was below par. A great win.
MOTM: Jarvis for his brace

[video=youtube;2RKhOepkvDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKhOepkvDg[/video]​

Last edited:
VS Leeds United (H) 1-0
165px-Leeds_United_Logo.png

Wolves Scrape a win and find breathing space at the top.
Line Up:
Hennessey, Foley, Ward, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, O'Hara, Kightly, Jarvis, Doyle , Fletcher
Scorers: Kightly (25)
Anything but a win won't be good enough as Leeds are in 23rd position.
Kightly scored the solitary goal of the first half.

Our finishing was poor throughout and at times we looked the worst we have all season but we gritted our teeth and came out with a win which due to results elsewhere moves us 5 points clear at the top after 7 games.

We had 4 CCC's and only managed to score 1 and had a total of 27 shots and 11 shots on target. On the plus side we did not let Leeds get a shot on target.

MOTM: Kightly for the goal and excellent crossing all the way through.

[video=youtube;a8CS_-Rj8kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8CS_-Rj8kE[/video]​

The Capital One Cup

VS Sunderland (H) 3-0
League Cup 3rd Round
Sunderland-AFC-icon.png

Wolves give Sunderland a good old-fashioned beating.
Line-Up: Hennesey,Kushnir,Johnson, Berra, Ward, Guedioura, O'Hara, Kightly, Jarvis, SEB, Fletcher
Scorers: SEB 5,24,63
Sunderland are the clear favourites for this clash. I'm not going to alter my tactics for one reason; we win. I did start with a slightly weaker team than I have done though.
The game started quickly and SEB got a through ball which was out of this world for an easy finish. A similar finish was needed for the second.
We went into the break leading but finding it harder to keep the ball against better opposition.
SEB scored a penalty in the second half to make a beautiful hat-trick. A surprising display but one that made me so happy.

MOTM: SEB for a game that made him look superb, he led the line and was always making runs behind.

[video=youtube;QM65100BTzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM65100BTzU[/video]​

VS Watford (A) 4-1
Watford-FC.png

Wolves Win again.
SEB (7), Fletcher (pen 38), (46), Milijas (51),
Martin (17)
We came into the game knowing we were 5 points clear at the top expecting another victory.
Another goal in the first 10 minutes meant we led 1-0 early on but they came back quickly and equalised after 17 minutes. Fletcher retained our lead with a nice penalty.
Fletcher put us 3-1 up quickly in the second half and Milijas wrapped it up. Later on Watford's Eustace got sent off.
Just keep going lads and the Championship is ours!
MOTM: Fletcher for the 2 goals

VS Hull ( H ) 2-0

Hull%20City.png

Wolves overcome Tigers easily
O'Hara 41, Kightly 55
We won again scoring either side of the break to continue our majestic season so far!
MOTM: Johnson for leading us succesfully and defending bravely

Month Review
September
Awards:
Player of the Month: Steven Fletcher
Young Player of the Month: Callum Ball
Manager of the Month: Matthew Alexander
Song of the Month:

[video=youtube;1G4isv_Fylg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg[/video]
Table:
1024x596.resizedimage

Top Scorers:

Chopra
Davies
Zoko
Earnshaw
Fletcher
Beckford
Darragi

Assists
Whittingham
Radovic
Kirm
McCann
Treacy
Konchesky
Kightly

AVG Rating
Fletcher
Radovic
Kightly
Emmanuel Thomas
Manager's Opinion
We're on top and by 5 points and have the most goals and the least conceded. We need to keep it up and make sure we don't go on a bad run and rotate more as the season goes on.

October Review

Game 1 VS Peterborough 3-1

S.E.B (3)

Game 2 VS Cardiff 3-4

SEB, Fletcher, Doyle

Game 3 VS Huddersfield 4-1

SEB (2), Fletcher, Kightly

Game 4 VS Leicester 5-2

Johnson (3), SEB, Kightly

Game 5 VS Arsenal 1-2

Jarvis

Game 6 VS Brighton 0-0

Player of the Month: Fletcher for his hard work and many assists this month he also won league player of the month
Steven-Fletcher.jpg

League Table
1024x596.resizedimage

Gaffer’s View

It’s been a tough month on our road to glory. In the Arsenal and Cardiff games the Ref got a rating of 4 and then 5- I am livid. We started the month on glorious form then Cardiff narrowly beat us with an awful ref. We replied by scoring 9 goals in 2 games then Arsenal overcame us with a luck penalty. Brighton held us magnificently and fought bravely. I think next month should be more successful and we still have our 5 point lead.

Last edited:
November Review

Game 1 VS Middlesbrough 0-0

Game 2 VS Blackburn 5-1

Doyle (2), Fletcher, Kightly, Jarvis

Game 3 VS Sheffield Wednesday 2-0

Doyle, Fletcher

Game 4 VS Millwall 3-0

Doyle, Fletcher, Jarvis

Game 5 VS Blackpool 4-3

Fletcher (2), Doyle (2)

Club Awards

I got manager of the month

Player of the Month: Doyle for his great return to form and firing in 6 goals in 5 games meaning we end the month with 50 goals scored in the league.
article-1221050-06DC3739000005DC-745_468x303.jpg

League Table
1024x596.resizedimage

Gaffer’s Opinion

We’re back. After a slow start with a bore draw with no in-form strikers I gave Fletcher and Doyle a stern talking to and they repaid me with goals, goals and goals! Blackburn showed everybody how much greater we were to the others in the league. Wednesday was a standard win. Millwall were dominated from start to finish. However, Blackpool came with fire in their belly, they led early on then the scoring pattern went. 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3 and it was very close game but our skill was just too much.