Merrykieran2

Reaction score
hi guys this is the start of my new Tranmere Rovers save. If you read my Spurs save that i did i said that i was ending it as a one season thing to start a new rtg. When looking at my spurs save and other people's stories i realised that mine wasn't really that good so i'm hoping to improve on this one
A brief history of Tranmere Rovers (totally not of Wikipedia).
Tranmere Rovers Football Club is an English professional association football club founded in 1884, and based in Birkenhead, Wirral. Originally known as Belmont Football Club, they adopted their current name in 1885. They were a founder member of Division Three North in 1921, and were a member of The Football League until 2015, when they were relegated to the National League, the fifth tier of English football.
During the 1980s, they were beset by financial problems and, in 1987, went into administration. However, this was a prelude to the most successful period in Tranmere's history; under manager John King, the team reached the play-offs for promotion to the Premier League in three successive seasons. Under King's successor, John Aldridge, Tranmere experienced a number of cup runs, most notably reaching the 2000 Football League Cup Final. Other cup runs include reaching FA Cup quarter-finals in 2000, 2001 and 2004.
Tranmere's regular kit is an all-white strip with blue trim, their main colours since 1962. The club moved to its current home, Prenton Park, in 1912. In 1995, the ground had a major redevelopment in response to theTaylor Report. It now seats 16,567 in four stands: the Main Stand, the Kop, the Johnny King Stand and the Cowshed.
View attachment 215962View attachment 215961
so as you may have read they were recently relegated from the Football League to the Vanarama Conference and i'm going to try and take them as far as possible and i hope you join me on my journey.
View attachment 215959View attachment 215958View attachment 215957View attachment 215956

Your last one was fine mate, look forward to reading this :) If you feel like you need to improve it, then I would suggest shorter updates without massive blocks of text, they're just a bit harder to read, that's all :)

Your last one was fine mate, look forward to reading this :) If you feel like you need to improve it, then I would suggest shorter updates without massive blocks of text, they're just a bit harder to read, that's all :)
ok thanks for the advice

View attachment 215924View attachment 215921View attachment 215917View attachment 215923
So the first two signings were both loan deals with Alex Gilliead joining from Newcastle and Jonjoe Kenny from Everton to solidify the team.
View attachment 215916View attachment 215915
Next up is former Manchester United youngster John Cofie who was released by Crawley. Still at 22 he could help us for a few years.
View attachment 215913
The first sale was Matt hill leaving for a measly 3,500 pounds but i'm happy to get anything at the moment.
View attachment 215912View attachment 215911
View attachment 215911
One of my first things i did was ask for a senior affiliate and we got Burnley so Steven Hewitt joins to improve our midfield.
View attachment 215910View attachment 215909
So these are my tactics for the upcoming season which will start in the next update but until then thank you so much for reading.

View attachment 215722View attachment 215721View attachment 215720View attachment 215719
Before we get into the roundup we have two more signings that happened during the month with Lapslie and Atangana both joining on loan.
View attachment 215718
so i wanted to make my roundups shorter so i'm going to do them all in one as to make it quite a bit shorter. We started off with a very disappointing 2-1 defeat to Woking when i really wanted a win. We bounced back though with a 1-0 win against my team Gateshead with Jake Kirby getting the only goal and i hope he will be pivotal this season. Another 1-0 victory followed that one with Mangan scoring the winning strike. the next result was a boring 0-0 followed by a 1-0 loss. In the defeat our captain got an early red and the team just fell apart. After that we picked up a 2-0 win before another 0-0 draw. Good to see Cofie getting his first goal in the victory.
View attachment 215713
Well this result leaves us in 8th and already 7 points behind our predicted position of 2nd so we really need to improve.

View attachment 214644
A very solid month until the final game. 3 victories out of 5 and 2 draws with Mangan helping us a ton. Then we played Chesterfield and performed abysmally and were lucky to only concede 2.
My player of the month: Andy Mangan
my young player of the month: Thomas Lapslie.
View attachment 214640
in 4th place and only 3 points now behind Wrexham in 2nd.

Making Al the right moves in the transfer market, Tranmere will be in the big leagues in no time, great read so far!

View attachment 213862
what a brilliant month and i can't believe how amazing it was. My favourite was by far beating league leaders Wrexham. A 2-0 victory over FC Halifax guarantees us going into the FA cup 1st round where we play League 1 side Blackpool.
View attachment 213859
So we sit in 2nd place and i would love to be here at the end of the season but that 1st position looks so good and i would love for us to win this group.

good read!

Very good read, i enjoy lower league success stories good job :)