Taking Willand Rovers(Southern Premier League)to the top

Reaction score
I have started a season with Willand Rovers and am aiming to get to the top of the english football structural tier. Watch me as i progress through the stages

July

Had a few Friendlies and didnt do that bad. I won 4 and lost 2...Atachment Below.

Players Signed

Did not have any Money and very few Wages so had to do with my youth team.

View attachment 21014

August

In August i started the season in the western premier aiming to get promoted the first time around. I started the season in dismal fashion as i drew 1-1 with ilfracombe in a fairly boring encounter. Juniro Ryan scored for Ilfracombe on 31 Minutes but Dean Stamp equalised on 71 Minutes.
I looked to bounce back 4 days later but was undone by the reigning champions as i was beaten 2-1. Banks on 7 and Gwinett on 11. Cliff Brown got a lifeline for me 75 from the penalty spot but i unfortunately lost.
I was starting to strugle and really needed to win but 3 days later it got worse as i lost again 3-2 to Larkhall at home when my youth centre back Steven Byfield was dismissed on 71 minutes. I was also 2 nil up as David Steele scored a brace but i conceded 3 in 16 mins when hunt scored 2 and hayes scored 1. My last game of August was also a cracking game when i drew 1-1 in the Fa cup 2nd qualifiying round to Minnows Waltham Abbey. I finally broke the deadlock on 70mins with Dean stamp but concended minutes later on 76 from a elmes strike.
I finished the Month still in all comps but Was lying in a dismal position.

Last edited:
September

In September i really needed goalscorers who could score goals and get my promotion bid back on track after a dismal opening month. The start of the Month was a great time for me as i defeated Waltham Abbey in the replay 2-1 as Cliff Brown and Elmes sent the game to extra time from where a stunning Danny Bailey Strike earnt me a win in the match.
View attachment 21035

I took confidence into my next game as i played Brislington. I went 1 down at the first minute where i thought i was in for a bad day but however David Steele scored a quadrable to take his goal tally to 6 in all comps and to give my side the first win of the season in fantastic fashion.

View attachment 21036

4 days later another suprise results came my teams way again as i beat Barnstable 5-0 where Steele Scored 2 again and Cliff Brown took his tally to 4 in all comps where Tom stocco rounded off a sensational perfomance on 81 minutes to take my secnd win of the season.

View attachment 21037

However the result was a negative in my fourth game of september as i lost 1-0 to High Flyers Selsey 1-0 in the fa cup 3rd qualifying round which ended my fa cup dream but there was one positive which was i could concentrateon promotion.

View attachment 21038

This Month continued and became an epic but tiring month as i had my fifth game of the month where i was standing toe to toe with ST Andrews in the Fa vase 2nd qualifying round where i won 2-1. I went 1 up however when David Steele continued his fine form to score again from close range but the lead was soon narrowed when Birchall scored for ST andrews. However Carl Cliff Brown scored from the spot on 44 minutes as we held on and was put in the next draw.

View attachment 21039

My unbeaten run continued 4 days later in the lague as i beat Longwell Green 1 nil with a sublime goal from te on form Dave Hambly to score his first goal of the season.

View attachment 21040

My final game of the season saw my 5 game unbeaten run in the lague stretch to six as i got a fantastic results against the mid table team Sherbourne as i beat them 3-1 where Carl Cliff Bown added to his 5 goal tally for the season to 8 goals as he scored a fantastic hat trick to sink Sherbourne Town.

View attachment 21041

This Month was an epic Month for me as i went from bottome of the table to top of the table as i went on a 5 game unbeaten run thanks to 7 goals from the Top Class Striker Carl Cliff Brown

Lookin good so far mate ive tried it that low down and its hard and frustrating keep it up

cheers me and a few others are starting a thread now so i will be running both along side eachother

October

At the start of October i had a fa vase 1st round match against Dunston. I drew 2-2 to take it to a replay. I took the lead from stocco until byfield put the ball in his own net for 1-1. I then took the lead with david steele but late on they scored a penalty to send it to a replay.

View attachment 21089

3 days later i had the replay where i got the victory i wanted as i won 3-2. I took the lead when cliff brown scored his 9th goal of the year. 4 mins lter Dunston equalised from Mcalindon. On the stroke of half tim i went 2-1 down when Preen scored from close range. In the 48th min Bailey equalised and with 30mins to go in form Hambly snatched the win.

View attachment 21092

4 days later it was make to usual ways in the league as i beat wellington 1-0 as Cal cliff brown scored his tenth of the season from the spot. However Byfield and Davidson were both sent off from unsportingly behaviour.

View attachment 21093

My uneaten run continued later on in the week as i beat inform welton rovers 2-1. Dean stamp and tom stocco scored my goals however i had another sending off as ansell was dismissed.

View attachment 21094

My high scoring continued as i beat Radstock 3-2. I went 1up through Cliff Brown again but it was soon stopped as they leveled 3 mins later. However they then went 2-1 up but Tom Stocco scored 2 in 2 games to level on 39mins. The words of wisdom worked at half time as straight from the break Cliff brown scored again for his twelth of the season.

View attachment 21095

My high scoring continued again as i beat Calne 4-1 to stay top of the table. Dean stamp scored 2 for me and Dave Hambly scored the other two. Unfortunately hambly was dismissed late on for a stamp.

View attachment 21096

The devon st lukes up was drawn a lottle after where i was drawn against minnows Witheridge managed by Chris Vinnicmobe.

View attachment 21097

The last game of the Month so been test my wits against Melksham which should have been an easy fixture if it wasnt for so many injuries

View attachment 21098

But luckily i held on for a 0-0 draw to end the Month on a spectacular run of 10 undeafeated

View attachment 21100
View attachment 21099

I ended the Month top of the table with 3 points clear and a game in hand

View attachment 21101

These are my Stats for all my players so far for the season and i will update November and December tomorrow

View attachment 21102

doesnt look like your players are very diciplined!
keep up the good work!

youre doing very well mate keep up the good work

Cheers Mate...Just lsot my first game in 17 to Hallen

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:46 PM ----------

Update this afternoon so stay watching

November
I started the Month with a very pleasing message from the board
View attachment 21203
I started the Month with an epic 3-3 draw with bideford where Dean Stamp scored a sublime hat trick but it wasnt enough as Farison and skinner scored for Bideford.
View attachment 21204
This sent me into the record books for being 12 games unbeatetn in a row
View attachment 21205
3 days kater i got back to winning ways when i beat bishop sutton 1-0 where Carl cliff brown continued his fine form to score on 38 minutes.
View attachment 21206
I got my second 5-0 hammering 3 days later against Corsham from where Cliff Brown(2),hinshelwood,stamp and youngster stewart searle rounded of a fantastic performance.
View attachment 21207
The Fa vase 2nd round match soon came along where i beat Amthorpe 2-1 from where stamp scored early on but Amthorpe leveled but from where Brown finished the game and got me my 15 unbeaten run.
View attachment 21208
A busy schdeule saw me play street a few days later where i won again 1-0 as i thought it was going for a draw until Hinshelwood scored his first of the season on 88mins.
View attachment 21209
I then had to play hallen where i went 3-0 through Dean Stamp(2) and hambly. I THEN CONCEDED 2 late on to send it to a nervous finish but i held on.
View attachment 21210
I then had Hallen again in the les phillips cup where my unbeatten run on 17 game to an end as i lost 1-0 as Cross scored from the spot in the 70th minute.
View attachment 21211
At the end of the month this is what the table looked like
View attachment 21212

December

I started the Month on the back of a defeat to Hallen and i lost again 2-0 to Dawlish as i had another sending off.

3 days later i had my fa vase 3 rd match which i won 2-1 against Minnows Godmanchester to continue my fine form in the cup.Carli cliff brown scoring a brace.
View attachment 21302
I then scored 4 against a full strength bristol manor farm team where a brown double again and hinselwood screamer and an og saw me stay top.

View attachment 21306
3 Days later i beat reigning champions Bitton 1-0 where Carl cliff brown scored
View attachment 21305
On boxing day i had to play bottom of the table Larkhall where i won 2 nil as i scored 2 goals in 2 minutes through Dave Hambly and Carl cliff brown again

View attachment 21303
I finished the Year top of the table with Carl cliff brown my top scorer with 17 goals
View attachment 21301
View attachment 21304

Last edited:
January Results*screenshots if needed

willand 1-0 Ilfracombe Dave Hambly(1)
Barnstable 0-2 Willand Dean Stamp(2)
Willand 3-0 Brislington Stocco(1) Bailey(1) Hambly(1)
Willand 5-2 Daisy Hill FA vase 4th round Hambly (2) and Stamp (3)
Witheridge 1-2 Willand Stocco(1) and Stamp(1) Devon st Lukes cup 2nd round
Sherbourne 2-1 Willand Steele(1)
Radstock 0-0 Willand

Very Respectable set of results sitting top of the table
View attachment 21307

good story perhaps do two or three month updates and its better without screenshots for everygame in my opinion