Kris

Reaction score
Disclaimer - This story is made using Pr0’s latest update as of July 1st 2015 and the latest version of FM2015. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1-[fm15]-transfers-data-update-packs-pr0.html

I have loaded several levels from all corners of the game to make this as realistic and efficient as possible.
All events that may occur in this story are entire fictitious and created based on the events that happen in game.

Synopsis - The story will follow the career of Ingmar Erland, a former semi professional Swedish footballer thrown into management and how his career may progress, based on my skills in FM15. So league’s like China and Australia have been loaded to account for my terrible ability! But who knows, maybe he will one day make the big time?

To add an unoriginal but perhaps slightly different twist, the story will also be following Swedish midfielder Anton Eriksson. Eriksson’s abilities in game have been altered, giving him the potential ability of 200 (max)

Hope you enjoy my writings and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Kris

Ingmar

He put his Volvo XC90 on cruise control and finally let himself sit back and relax. The traffic was sparse along the E4 at this time in the afternoon with mist commuters at the office during the day. Finally allowing himself to take in the last 10 minutes, he wondered if it was the best move leaving young Jasper in charge of the store? He’d only been with us a few months and although his computer technical skills were unparalleled, he lacked any real form of social skill.

Something was clearly wrong however. Agne Jonsson had been the club secretary for Gamla Uppsala for as long as anyone can remember, in fact, father always mentioned her being there when he was a boy! So when someone like Agne is using a cellphone and texting urging you to arrive asap, something must be seriously wrong.
Perhaps the club are going under? Rumours have been circling that money is sparse. Attendances have fallen dramatically over the last few years. Seems everyone would rather watch Messi, Ronaldo or the English Premier League on TV than watch the likes of me in the cold.

It had been two years since ‘THAT day’ when, after already recovering from a bad hamstring injury, that Ingmar Erland was on the bench for the reserve team’s trip to Gamla stan when the lanky 6 foot something from Norway? Or was he Finnish? Doesn’t matter. Months of medical treatment, discomfort and the inability to walk faster than a 90 year old pensioner had ended his modest career in lower league Swedish football. Ursula still jokes that my right thigh is much fatter than the left.

Coaching has been rewarding however and winning the league with the development squad was one of the best days of my life. I will be forever grateful to Kenneth and the board for letting me stay on. I think I would have driven myself crazy! Or worse, driven Ursula crazy, and that is unadvisable.

Finally turning into Gamlis IP stadium, he parked right outside the office. Something was seriously wrong. The whole backroom staff are here? The office, if it could be called that, was a port-a-cabin, fashioned with furnishings from IKEA and a mahogany table that Kenneth acquired from his sister after her divorce from her husband. He had no use for it personally and politely offered it to the club.

* * *​

What seemed like an eternity had passed in that office. Information was given, emotions drained, contracts signed. It was crazy. Football management had always been a dream since the days of manager simulations on the pc as a teenager, and now under the most unfortunate of circumstances, Ramin was resigning to care for his mother, who’s dementia had sadly reached a level where she required constant care.

So I left and was back on the E4, about to embark on….****! I forgot about Jasper!View attachment 247058

Last edited:
Anton -

First team squad. First. Team. Squad. He’d repeated the sentence in his head over and over again but it still couldn’t sink in. He had been wondering for weeks wether the call would come. Ingmar Erland, his coach from the under 19 squad had been given the first team job after Ramin Kiani’s resignation. Ingmar had been a massive influence in his development over the past few years and after the team’s title winning performances last season, he’d essentially been waiting by the phone to see if Erland was true to his word when and his praises, and he was.

* * *​

Pre season was well under way and had been going great. Brothers Pontus and Viktor Ericsson had also been promoted to the first team squad, along with Felix Jacobsson, with a large number of players leaving at the end of the season before. The two lads on trial had also been offered new deals, Wingers Christopher Brunzell, who was released from Hammarby and constantly talking about it along with Joakim Nilsson who was let go by AIK. A new keeper was brought in by the name of Patric Stenmark. He’s 30 and fairly unknown to all of us but he’s looked strong so far. Finnish centre back Erik Lundberg arrived after being released by his club in the Finnish Premiership. Patrik Bohlin signed up from Selanger and mixes his time between high powered court battles in domestic violence cases to playing for Gamla. Small lad named Viktor Wilkner signed from Silius while Nercy Tourang, a chemist, signed from AFC United and Mats Rosander just arrived one morning at training, asked for a trial and soon got a contract.

* * *​

We have been playing mostly the same way as the junior side did last year, with the wing backs pushing forward and hugging the line while the wingers cut inside. One up top with someone sitting behind and two playmakers in the middle. Passing the ball short and often in triangles, we are making mistakes and often lose the ball but the manager is happy for us to keep learning, keep progressing and training has been tough but enjoyable. Everyone seems to get along and the bravado has been first class. Here’s to the new season.

Ingemar -

You always hear the cliches from managers on TV telling us how management is a never ending soup opera where anything could happen at anytime and catch you off guard and you assume it’s all for the camera’s but now half way through my first season in management, I can tell you it’s all true. From lads just turning up on a Tuesday night training session with his boots asking for a trial to being visited by three kings.

* * *​

I always knew young Anton Eriksson was due for better things than Swedish 3rd tier football and that’s why I called him and a few of the other lads from last year straight into the first team, but in no way did I expect this sort of impact. For a skinny lad of 18, he owns the field. Like a master chess player, his mind is always 3 or 4 steps ahead and everything in between is just progress. Dominates the midfield and always finds his man, banging in 8 goals in 14 games in the process. One of which was a banana strike on the 20 yard line, unlike anything I have ever seen.

His form, as well as the performances of keeper and friend Patric Stenmark, the lad from Hammarby, Brunzell on the right wing. Eric Lundberg, who has been a rock at the hear of the defence and even earned a place with Finland’s Under 21 side. Not to mention the 10 goals from Henrik Endland up top. To sit joint top with only one defeat at this stage is nothing short of spectacular.

However nothing compares to being visited by three kings. The first arrived after one of his scouts somehow managed to turn up at the wrong town and attend the wrong game. After watching Anton, he soon realised what I saw in the boy and must have impressed enough to merit a visit from none other than Jose Mourinho. Contrary to the opinion I had formulated from TV, he was a complete gentleman and all around nice person, who had a lot of knowledge and advice to offer me. It’s pretty hard to miss someone as well known in our quant little ground and word soon spread and rumours around the squad began flying about who he was there to see. I was torn between honesty and avoiding the topic all together. No 18 year old should go through that sort of pressure. Especially when he is still in school. I told the guys that “Jose has heard about the amazing football we have been playing and came to ask for my advice” with everyone wondering, but likely knowing; who he’s hear to see, performances improved none the less.

If that wasn’t enough, we then had visits from new Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal and Arsene Wenger of Arsenal. Both of them again amazing men with great insight and knowledge. It’s truly humbling to meet such great and esteemed figures in the game. I also couldn’t have them leaving without asking for Rooney or Sanchez on loan but both of them politely declined.

* * *​

It was clear to see that even if Anton wasn’t quite good enough for the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea, he was destined for much greater things than Gamla Uppsala and I was already resigned to losing him. If the interest continues at this alarming rate, I may have to have a conversation with the boy about his future.