Hmm, u could try this, if u have 2 good Tm

TM(s) TM (a)
mcW (a) BWM(s) cd(d) mcW (a)
fb(s) cd cd fb(s)
Gk (d)

Play wider, exploit the flanks, high tempo, direct pass
attacking or counter

In theory this must work, but try and give me a feed back :)

Can anyone recommend a tactic for a tall striker that doesn't have the best passing? I have these two regens but I don't know how to get the best out of them, any help would be great

View attachment 1067155

View attachment 1067156

Both of your strikers have excellent heading attributes, so I would set them to target man and send in lots of floated or whipped crosses in towards them.

Hmm, u could try this, if u have 2 good Tm

TM(s) TM (a)
mcW (a) BWM(s) cd(d) mcW (a)
fb(s) cd cd fb(s)
Gk (d)

Play wider, exploit the flanks, high tempo, direct pass
attacking or counter

In theory this must work, but try and give me a feed back :)

Thanks for the idea, any way you think this could work in a 4-2-3-1?

I was thinking of TM on attack and two wingers on support with the fullbacks on attack floating crosses into him

Last edited:
Both of your strikers have excellent heading attributes, so I would set them to target man and send in lots of floated or whipped crosses in towards them.

I was thinking of that, there are a lot of good tall strikers that can't pass but are tanks in the air on my save yet I haven't found a tactic using them like you've said.

I think that is what I'm going to with 4-2-3-1 tactic and see how that gets on

I was thinking of that, there are a lot of good tall strikers that can't pass but are tanks in the air on my save yet I haven't found a tactic using them like you've said.

I think that is what I'm going to with 4-2-3-1 tactic and see how that gets on

Yeah I think it will work. I actually had an Arsenal save going until recently and I used Giroud as a target man, with Walcott on the right wing, sending in crosses, and he used to score at more than a goal a game for me.

Thanks for the idea, any way you think this could work in a 4-2-3-1?

I was thinking of TM on attack and two wingers on support with the fullbacks on attack floating crosses into him

If you go that route then you'll also have to play your AMC as a secondary striker. Otherwise you're putting far too much pressure on the striker to be the goal scoring threat.

Esposito has bad balance, so you would want him to be more mobile to meet crosses than for him to win a tussle to get to a cross. So with his speed, you could pay him as a poacher and have your wide players float/whip early crosses for him to run unto for headers. Yes he's big, strong, and got a good header, but Balance is normally checked before he would go up for headers, so you'd want him to not be near defenders who could make him off balance.

Pelaez is more suited to that Target Man style game, while Esposito is a fast striker that happens to be big. Without Balance, you're asking a lot of him to win balls and hold off defenders. Maybe you could play him as a modified DLF with instructions that come default as the TM. That way he'd be a bit more mobile, though you'd have to specifically instruct crosses to certain areas of the penalty box based on where he's making his runs - as the hard coding of the TM wouldn't be there.

With two W(s), you'd maybe have to make the AMC an AM(a) or SS(a). Esposito would require more support than Pelaez, so maybe even putting in an IF(a) and having the fullback on the side of the IF sit deeper and cross more to make up for not having the IF as a Winger.